BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

07-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #67
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

You are correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhan View Post
I think there's a good reason that an SUV won't be allowed for a lapping day, you'll be so slow we won't be able to perceive it and run into you! And chances are you'll toast your pads in 2 laps.

This is pretty much what they told me too; and too be completely honest, I want my first time on an open track to be in my dream car, the M3.
      07-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #68
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

They do have the track taxi which is a e90 M3. They do fairly brisk laps.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #69
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
They do have the track taxi which is a e90 M3. They do fairly brisk laps.
In fact, I have considered paying the $75 for the 5 laps in it. Sounds pretty damn fun.
      07-27-2012, 12:38 AM   #70
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
In fact, I have considered paying the $75 for the 5 laps in it. Sounds pretty damn fun.
or go to a turn 2 event that allows ride alongs? it is however a much scarier experience riding than driving. its a weird sensation as i have went out a few times as a instructor of sorts showing lines. the lack of control gives a whole new dynamic to it all.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #71
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

This came from Pacific Raceways. In short, it is the Test and Tune days. Last year these were $100/day or $450 for golden pass. This year it is $195/day or $900 for golden pass. I find this pricing way too expensive for off season lapping days, and they are not going to get my business.

Quote:
Attention all racers!

Saturday, October 20th will be the first of our six fall High Performance Sport Driving Days on which we are partnering with ProFormance Racing School. This is a day open to all racers in cars of any shape or size. We will be hosting an additional 5 events between now and the end of the year. These events will all be open to everyone, regardless of track experience or vehicle (pending a technical inspection to ensure vehicle safety). There will be a minimum of three classes, additional classes may be created for open wheel cars, superkarts, and motorcycles depending on the number of participants. The cost is only $195 regardless of the class you participate in. You may also purchase a Gold Card, which gets you in to all six events, for $900, a savings of $270 over regular price! On race day gates will be open at 7:30am, tech at 8:00am. There will be a mandatory driver’s meeting at 8:30am. Racing starts at 9:00am and runs until 4:30pm.

Fall events will be on the following dates.

Saturday, October 20th

Sunday, November 4th

Saturday, November 10th

Saturday, November 24th

Saturday, December 1st

Saturday, December 15th

Here is a brief description of the classes available…

Novice

Little to no track experience. Street cars only. ProFormance Racing School instructors will host a classroom session at 8am to teach you the fundamentals of high performance driving. They will be with you throughout the day as you navigate our historic 2.25 mile road course.

Seasoned Sport Driving Group

Moderate to extensive track experience. You have participated in track days or racing events before. You must be able to cite experience and show proof if requested. Street cars only. Instruction is available but not required.

Race Car Group

Competition or extensive track experience required. Race cars only. Must have a competition license or proof of experience.

Motorcycle/Superkart

Must have track experience and be able to show proof if requested. No air fence or other extra safety measures will be in place! Ride at your own risk! Depending on attendance this may be split into two separate groups. We will only run motorcycle or kart classes if 6 or more participants are present! Please call ASAP to register for these classes so that we may include them!

Registration begins now! You may register by email, phone, or on the day of the event. If you wish to purchase a Gold Card please make sure you check the appropriate line in the payment section. Attached is a registration form if you wish to register by email. To register by phone please call 253.639.5927.

We will also be hosting a winter series of High Performance Sport Driving Days on the dates listed below. Mark your calendars! Pricing and registration information will be distributed in the coming weeks. I look forward to seeing you at Pacific Raceways!

Saturday, January 5th

Saturday, January 19th

Saturday, January 26th

Saturday, February 2nd

Sunday, February 10th

Willis Loveridge

Pacific Raceways

Road Course Manager

Maintenance Manager

Office 253-639-5927

Fax 253-639-3002
      10-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #72
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhan View Post
This came from Pacific Raceways. In short, it is the Test and Tune days. Last year these were $100/day or $450 for golden pass. This year it is $195/day or $900 for golden pass. I find this pricing way too expensive for off season lapping days, and they are not going to get my business.
Erhan - Tom (Turn2) is going to organize winter trackdays at the Ridge with permission from Rod.

Now I don't know if you've done Turn 2 events however Tom is absolutely top notch and is planning only experienced driver events. I plan to do these exclusively as I agree with you that the PR TNT events I have little interest in. Let me know if you need more details so you can get on his sign up sheet (Its by invitation only)

The PR TNT events are more expensive this year because Don (Proformance) is going to run them.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #73
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
Erhan - Tom (Turn2) is going to organize winter trackdays at the Ridge with permission from Rod.

Now I don't know if you've done Turn 2 events however Tom is absolutely top notch and is planning only experienced driver events. I plan to do these exclusively as I agree with you that the PR TNT events I have little interest in. Let me know if you need more details so you can get on his sign up sheet (Its by invitation only)

The PR TNT events are more expensive this year because Don (Proformance) is going to run them.
I know Tom and have attended to many Turn 2 events. I have received his email regarding the winter Ridge days. I may attend, but I'm not sure yet. Thanks for the info though.
      10-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #74
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Thanks erhan. I was told about these days last friday when at PR. I was under the impression at the time that these were in addition to TNT. Too bad they replace them and cost double!

Appreciate 0