BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

11-04-2011, 04:11 AM   #353
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10

.. If u like fucking nissans, crotch rocket cars, then just go sit ur ass in high school and continue day dreaming about ur piece of crap ugly ass Nissan. This is a bmw forum not middle school. Rice-o-roni cars in particular the G (garbage) T (trash) R (rubbish) have no place in this forum. I don't wanna hear one more peep from yoos about a butt fudge ugly ass piece of crap Nissan being better than any bmw or any other German made car including vw's. U hear me? If I hear another peep out of u 15 year old pimple faced gtr lovers, I will personally come over there and bitch slap u so many times that u won't even know WTF a gtr is anymore.

Ps just kidding..... Maybe....

Last edited by KKM3; 11-04-2011 at 04:24 AM.. Reason: Pss I hate the fuckin gtr. Maybe.... Or maybe I'm just bored
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 07:02 AM   #354
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Whatever fanboi.

See name calling works both ways. Sorry I'm not a badge whore like yourself.

You stated to the other poster:

While your opinion may be that it isn't...the truth is in fact the opposite.

As I mentioned in my previous post....the M3, C63, RS4, IS F and CTS V....are all super sedans....and ALL "wannabe" sports cars. There are far too many compromises in every one of them to be even remotely considered true sports cars.

Did the M3 set the benchmark for the segment? Yes...again...as I already stated. The benchmark in a class that is defined by luxury, practicality, technology with some "nice" performance....not as a "true" or "pure" sports car....like the GT R that you, yourself, admit is a true sports car.

Btw, I do feel "lucky" that you had your morning coffee (expresso???) and provided the drivel that shows you really know jack squat and can't get off your knees and stop felating all that is BMW.
How am I "felating" ?? you said benchmark, I didn't, you noobs need to read your own posts. I'm just using what you said, not what I said.

You used the word 'Fact' yet you have no facts in your post, again.

Going into an M3forum and calling any and all generation of M3s as a "wannabe" anything is trolling.

My entire point, which you are so naive to see was that I agree that the M3 is not the purist of sports cars, this is a given. The M3 was specifically engineered to be a GT car, hence the leather back seats in the coupe, and the mood lighting.

I would argue that, if you are going to use the term "True" you can't use the word benchmark, you are plain contradicting yourself.

You can post and pat yourself on the back when logically, you have made zero sense.

AND, I'm not going to let you walk into a Cayman R vs. M3 or a GT-R vs. M3 comparison, it's apples and oranges, we get it...

Oh and btw, I can just tell by the way you post, your ideas are elementary, not quite developed...maybe even borrowed. By your own definition, a GT-R is not a 'pure' 'true' sports car, is that not correct?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #355
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Don't you get tired of calling everyone a troll? Did you just learn what a troll is or something? You seem to have an obsession. Someone who has a difference of opinion(or fact) isn't a troll.
It is not a difference of opinion, it's in poor taste. I don't care what people think about the M3, they like it, they don't, it's really their choice. But I'm sick of hearing about how much of a POS or how horrible an M3 is, I think it's a huge distortion of reality, and I feel I need to comment to control the fan boys in their plight to circle around and use the M3 as a punching bag.

What is annoying is that you guys talk out of both sides of your mouth, in one post you praise the M3, in the other you trash it.

CdnRockies did it in one post, calling the M3 a benchmark and saying it is a 'wannabe' . This clearly is an illustration of somebody using words, they don't know the meaning of.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #356
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
It is not a difference of opinion, it's in poor taste. I don't care what people think about the M3, they like it, they don't, it's really their choice. But I'm sick of hearing about how much of a POS or how horrible an M3 is, I think it's a huge distortion of reality, and I feel I need to comment to control the fan boys in their plight to circle around and use the M3 as a punching bag.

What is annoying is that you guys talk out of both sides of your mouth, in one post you praise the M3, in the other you trash it.

CdnRockies did it in one post, calling the M3 a benchmark and saying it is a 'wannabe' . This clearly is an illustration of somebody using words, they don't know the meaning of.

The M3 is the benchmark in it's class. That's a fact. It doesn't change the fact that it's a 'wannabe sportscar' While it may be close to a sports car experience, it gives up too much. This goes for every car in this class. What I can appreciate is he sees beyond the badge(Unlike some people). As good of a car the M3 is, the car in today's words has some major drawbacks. Instead of calling everyone a troll, take a step back and think outside the box. Don't be a fanboi.

With that said, the GT-R pretty much blows everything that's not a supercar out of the water.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #357
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
The M3 is the benchmark in it's class. That's a fact. It doesn't change the fact that it's a 'wannabe sportscar' While it may be close to a sports car experience, it gives up too much. This goes for every car in this class. What I can appreciate is he sees beyond the badge(Unlike some people). As good of a car the M3 is, the car in today's words has some major drawbacks. Instead of calling everyone a troll, take a step back and think outside the box. Don't be a fanboi.

With that said, the GT-R pretty much blows everything that's not a supercar out of the water.
Quick question, is a GT-R a true sports car? (pure & true, etc) Or is a GT-R a 'wannabe' too, given the compromises, AWD, twin Turbo, weight, leather, cushy interior, not pure feeling...etc??
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #358
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Quick question, is a GT-R a true sports car? (pure & true, etc) Or is a GT-R a 'wannabe' too, given the compromises, AWD, twin Turbo, weight, leather, cushy interior, not pure feeling...etc??
The GT-R is a supercar. The M3 is refined. The last GT-R I drove was NOT cushy. You heard the transmission at work at low speeds. That may of changed but Porsche also has a cushy interior, leather, nav, turbo's...They still manage to pull off supercar numbers.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #359
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
The GT-R is a supercar. The M3 is refined. The last GT-R I drove was NOT cushy. You heard the transmission at work at low speeds. That may of changed but Porsche also has a cushy interior, leather, nav, turbo's...They still manage to pull off supercar numbers.
So you can't answer the question? It's very simple.....is the GT-R a sportscar in your mind? Yes or No. A supercar is not an answer....A Drophead is a Supercar but it sure as hell isn't a sportscar. A Boxster is a sportscar but it sure as hell isn't a Supercar. The terms are not synonomous. What is your answer?

Last edited by alms211; 11-04-2011 at 10:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #360
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
So you can't answer the question? It's very simple.....is the GT-R a sportscar in your mind? Yes or No. No other answers are allowed or needed. What is your answer?
I think my answer was implied as a yes. Anyone with common sense would of realized that. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #361
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I think my answer was implied as a yes. Anyone with common sense would of realized that. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
So on one hand you are saying a car with AWD, weighing 3,800+/-lbs, with NAV, no manual transmission, a back seat, IPOD interface but has 480 HP is a sportscar but one that has 420 HP, NAV, a backseat, weighs 3,500 +/- lbs, with an OPTIONAL manual transmission isn't. Yep, makes perfect sence to me......get a clue man. You can't have it both ways.

And I'm sorry you woke on the wrong side of the bed.

GTR a Supercar? Now that shit right there is funny. A GTR, any 911 version Porsche, an M3, an R8.......not a one of them is a Supercar in any respect.

Last edited by alms211; 11-04-2011 at 10:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #362
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So on one hand you are saying a car with AWD, weighing 3,800+/-lbs, with NAV, no manual transmission, a back seat, IPOD interface but has 480 HP is a sportscar but one that has 420 HP, NAV, a backseat, weighs 3,500 +/- lbs, with an OPTIONAL manual transmission isn't. Yep, makes perfect sence to me......get a clue man. You can't have it both ways.

GTR a Supercar? Now that shit right there is funny. A GTR, any 911 version Porsche, an M3, an R8.......not a one of them is a Supercar in any respect.
The M3, IS-F and RS5 are all 'wannabe sports cars' You could put the C63 AMG in there as well(debatable there). The GT-R will rip the M3 in new one in EVERY performance category. Sitting at 95k it's a bargain because cars that match the abilities that it has are OVER $150,000. The GT-R Produces supercar numbers. I think that puts it in the supercar category. Despite the GT-R's weight, it is still able to out perform anything that is under 100k bar none. The 911's Turbo S not being a supercar is what cracks me up. The GT3 not being a supercar had me laughing on the floor. The R8 V10 not being a supercar, O man, I had a field day with that. Please stop blabbering while you're ahead.

What's funny is that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I think you're the one that needs to get a clue. Now, on the iggy list you go. Not in the mood to get any warnings.

By the way it's *perfect sense."

I'd like to have a conversation when just once, someone that can see beyond the damn badge comes in and is able to have a proper educated discussion. Damn fanboi's. That's it for me and this thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:03 AM   #363
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Quote:
So on one hand you are saying a car with AWD, weighing 3,800 /-lbs, with NAV, no manual transmission, a back seat, IPOD interface but has 480 HP is a sportscar but one that has 420 HP, NAV, a backseat, weighs 3,500 /- lbs, with an OPTIONAL manual transmission isn't. Yep, makes perfect sence to me......get a clue man. You can't have it both ways.

The M3, IS-F and RS5 are all 'wannabe sports cars' You could put the C63 AMG in there as well(debatable there). The GT-R will rip the M3 in new one in EVERY performance category. Sitting at 95k it's a bargain because cars that match the abilities that it has are OVER $150,000. The GT-R Produces supercar numbers. I think that puts it in the supercar category. Despite the GT-R's weight, it is still able to out perform anything that is under 100k bar none. The 911's Turbo S not being a supercar is what cracks me up. The GT3 not being a supercar had me laughing on the floor. The R8 V10 not being a supercar, O man, I had a field day with that. Please stop blabbering while you're ahead.

What's funny is that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I think you're the one that needs to get a clue. Now, on the iggy list you go. Not in the mood to get any warnings.

I'd like to have a conversation when just once, someone that can see beyond the damn badge comes in and is able to have a proper educated discussion. Damn fanboi's. That's it for me and this thread.
Let me get this straight, the 911 gt3, turbo, R8, GT-R are all "supercars" and the M3 isn't even a "sportscar" then, just a wannabe I've been able to hang or pass most "supercars" I've seen on track so would think that would make the M3 at least a "sportscar". The fact that I can do that and DD this bad boy makes it a super car in my book...
Semantics, definitions, jargon, vernacular.... To argue about such things is ridiculous, grow up and shutup
      11-05-2011, 06:59 AM   #364
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

While the GT-R may have super car numbers, it is NOT a SUPERCAR.

Sorry buddy.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #365
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:

First off -- it is rip "a" new one not rip "in" new one.....sorry, had to reciprocate with the English lesson.

You say that a GTR's performance is greater than the M3 which any sane person does not deny. And therefore, in your mind, that makes the GTR a supercar? Wow, didn't know the M3 was the "bar setter" in determining one's supercar status.

Nothing else under $150K matches the performance numbers of a GT-R?...ever heard of a ZR1 or a Viper ACR? And to answer the question that will come out of your pie hole.....no, neither one of those is a supercar. They are simply outstanding performance cars that do not exude any level of exoticness........just like the GT-R.

I got news for you --- the only Porsche supercar is the CGT. A Lambo Murci, Aventador are supercars. A Ferrari 458 is a Supercar. An SLR Benz is a supercar. Koenigsegg, Pagani, Veyron, all supercars. Audi and BMW do not make a supercar. Nissan sure as shit does not make a supercar. Get over it. It has fantastic performance numbers but it NOT EVEN CLOSE to being a supercar. You can tell by my signature line that I am no fanboi of any manufacturer or bow at the alter of the BMW roundel. Having said that, I love my E92 M3 but at the end of the day, I realize that it is still a BMW. A great car but nothing overly special when considering everything else out there at all price points. The GT-R is the same damn thing just with better performance numbers. At the end of the day ----- it's a fucking Nissan.

Last edited by alms211; 11-05-2011 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #366
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
First off -- it is rip "a" new one not rip "in" new one.....sorry, had to reciprocate with the English lesson.

You say that a GTR's performance is greater than the M3 which any sane person does not deny. And therefore, in your mind, that makes the GTR a supercar? Wow, didn't know the M3 was the "bar setter" in determining one's supercar status.

Nothing else under $150K matches the performance numbers of a GT-R?...ever heard of a ZR1 or a Viper ACR? And to answer the question that will come out of your pie hole.....no, neither one of those is a supercar. They are simply outstanding performance cars that do not exude any level of exoticness........just like the GT-R.

I got news for you --- the only Porsche supercar is the CGT. A Lambo Murci, Aventador are supercars. A Ferrari 458 is a Supercar. An SLR Benz is a supercar. Koenigsegg, Pagani, Veyron, all supercars. Audi and BMW do not make a supercar. Nissan sure as shit does not make a supercar. Get over it. It has fantastic performance numbers but it NOT EVEN CLOSE to being a supercar. You can tell by my signature line that I am no fanboi of any manufacturer or bow at the alter of the BMW roundel. Having said that, I love my E92 M3 but at the end of the day, I realize that it is still a BMW. A great car but nothing overly special when considering everything else out there at all price points. The GT-R is the same damn thing just with better performance numbers. At the end of the day ----- it's a fucking Nissan.
A Nissan that your pathetic M3 can't keep up with.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #367
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:

Yeah...just a freakin Nissan at the end of the day...nothing overly special...haha
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #368
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
A Nissan that your pathetic M3 can't keep up with.
Great retort. I didn't stay on your "iggy" list for long did I? ....

The same pathetic M3 that has won engine of the year awards for three years running. Yeah, that one. You haven't a clue. BTW, I noticed that you don't list what you drive? So, how is your Prius running these days?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #369
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
Yeah...just a freakin Nissan at the end of the day....
That's right...it is just a Nissan and the M3 is just a BMW.........neither one of them is something to go swinging your dick about. Go buy an exotic, then swing your dick. And don't be one of those that throw out solely performance numbers. You really think the guy driving the F430 Ferrari, the Gallardo Superleggera, the LP560, the Porsche GT2 gives two shits if a Nissan beats him in a race? They don't and they shouldn't because they all have a better car. End of story
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #370
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's right...it is just a Nissan and the M3 is just a BMW.........neither one of them is something go swinging your dick about. Go buy an exotic then swing your dick.
No dick swinging here, but you have no clue what kind of cars I currently have or have had in the past. Don't assume. We don't all list everything we drive.

You are defining supercar by it's price tag. One example:

The Power Board

1:15.1 - Ariel Atom V8 500
1:16.2 - McLaren MP4-12C
1:16.5 - Lamborghini Aventador
1:16.8 - Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
1:17.1 - Gumpert Apollo S
1:17.3 - Ascari A10
1:17.6 - Koenigsegg CCX (with Top Gear Wing)
1:17.7 - Noble M600 (cold)
1:17.8 - Nissan GT-R (2012)
1:17.8 - Pagani Zonda Roadster F
1:17.9 - Caterham Seven Superlight R500 (cold)
1:18.3 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4
1:18.4 - Pagani Zonda F
1:18.9 - Maserati MC12
1:19.0 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce
1:19.0 - Enzo Ferrari
1:19.1 - Ferrari 458 Italia
1:19.5 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
1:19.5 - Porsche 997 GT2
1:19.5 - Ariel Atom 2 300

video: http://bcove.me/i0dd6r06

Edit: I see you edited your post after this was posted. Good one.

Last edited by erio; 11-05-2011 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #371
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

This argument has degenerated into sematics.
Everyone seems to have a different definition of what a "supercar" is.
Frankly if the GTR isn't one then a Gallardo, LFA and a 458 aren't either.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #372
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Actually I traded it in on a Ford Raptor while I wait for the 2013 to arrive and my Cayenne Turbo some time in December. Yeehaw I get to be a redneck for a few weeks.
Nice. I like it. I have been eyeballin one myself
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #373
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
No dick swinging here, but you have no clue what kind of cars I currently have or have had in the past. Don't assume. We don't all list everything we drive.

You are defining supercar by it's price tag. One example:

The Power Board

1:15.1 - Ariel Atom V8 500
1:16.2 - McLaren MP4-12C
1:16.5 - Lamborghini Aventador
1:16.8 - Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
1:17.1 - Gumpert Apollo S
1:17.3 - Ascari A10
1:17.6 - Koenigsegg CCX (with Top Gear Wing)
1:17.7 - Noble M600 (cold)
1:17.8 - Nissan GT-R (2012)
1:17.8 - Pagani Zonda Roadster F
1:17.9 - Caterham Seven Superlight R500 (cold)
1:18.3 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4
1:18.4 - Pagani Zonda F
1:18.9 - Maserati MC12
1:19.0 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce
1:19.0 - Enzo Ferrari
1:19.1 - Ferrari 458 Italia
1:19.5 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
1:19.5 - Porsche 997 GT2
1:19.5 - Ariel Atom 2 300

video: http://bcove.me/i0dd6r06

Edit: I see you edited your post after this was posted. Good one.
Werd. Saw the edit.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #374
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's right...it is just a Nissan and the M3 is just a BMW.........neither one of them is something to go swinging your dick about. Go buy an exotic, then swing your dick. And don't be one of those that throw out solely performance numbers. You really think the guy driving the F430 Ferrari, the Gallardo Superleggera, the LP560, the Porsche GT2 gives two shits if a Nissan beats him in a race? They don't and they shouldn't because they all have a better car. End of story
Yeah I think they give a sh*$...at least a little bit . It's part of the reason why a lot of "those" same people also own GTRs. You threw out brand names so I threw out some numbers.

Last edited by erio; 11-05-2011 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0