BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-04-2018, 11:25 AM   #23
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownd3max View Post
Ok, mine's mineral white met. just like thkfast above. My main complaint is the CF splitters always drag on driveway aprons, etc. Being as they're attached with damn betalink, I've considered having them (splitters, diffuser, trunk spoiler) all sprayed to match. IDK...
Mineral White here also. I love it and many have complimented specifically on the splitters when looking at the overall car. I personally have not had any issues with hitting/scraping them. I always back into spaces which helps. But obviously one does have to be careful on aprons as you mentioned. Whatever you decide on doing it will look great and smart choice in Mineral White.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2018, 11:27 AM   #24
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

I am amused by cosmetic carbon parts like the rear “diffusers”. 1.5-2lb of extra lightness

The oem front splitters probably add about half a pound of front downforce until you smash them on a parking bollard so that’s nice I guess

Ironically the oem mirror covers might be the most functional piece I remember reading somewhere they are like 45 grams lighter (total)
      03-04-2018, 02:03 PM   #25
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
I am amused by cosmetic carbon parts like the rear “diffusers”. 1.5-2lb of extra lightness

The oem front splitters probably add about half a pound of front downforce until you smash them on a parking bollard so that’s nice I guess

Ironically the oem mirror covers might be the most functional piece I remember reading somewhere they are like 45 grams lighter (total)
What about the “power dome”? Do you like that cosmetic part?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 04:13 PM   #26
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
Cf on white is the M owner fanboy special. Surprised you dont like it. So the CF is "fanboy special"? And you are surprised I don't like it? Why? Do you like it?
OP, welcome to the forum...seems you found a really nice car! I would suggest, sitting back, read LOTS of posts both current ones and archived ones to get a feel of the board...you'll learn LOTS of good info. You might even see a few names that pop up that offer good advice from time to time and you can make mental notes of who those folks are. You can always IM a member and ask a question privately if you don't want everyone else to see it.
One thing to remember, everyone on here has an opinion...right, wrong or indifferent. Perhaps the key is to look, listen, learn and then make up your own mind irrespective of what someone else does or says. After all it's your car and you have every right to make it your own.
Do understand that some on here are humorous and others more serious...it's a good thing to allow what others say to roll off your back like water on a duck...Most of us are good chaps, like a few laughs, are more than ready to help another member out, and enjoy sharing our love for these incredible cars that we own!
Appreciate 2
      03-06-2018, 01:47 PM   #27
Brownd3max
Brownd3max
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E92

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
"Loveskiing"- Thanks for those words! This is my 3rd forum to join- After giving up on dragracing my supercharged dragbike a few years ago, I retired early, and began my "project car" quests. First, I acquired a '77 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40(joined forum) that I restored & sold. Then I found a nice '69 Chevelle SS396(w/454). Joined forum, restored & sold that, bringing me to this '12 M3. I have always lurked around the forums for months before joining until now. Jumped in here immediately! I'm a little wary of the high costs and complexity of doing some things I've easily done in the past to other "simpler" cars. Just finding the right replacement fluids is daunting unless I just go to the stealership and hand them my wallet!LOL! I've already found alot of valuable info here, thankfully. FWIW, I like a stealthy look, and was in error that I could easily remove any CF doodads I didn't care for, until I learned about the Betalink used. Can one have CF painted? Haha, jus' kiddin'(kinda?)
      03-06-2018, 07:16 PM   #28
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

FYI working around the engine on maintenance items is very easy. The plenum takes 15 minutes to remove and once you take it off it more resembles an engine again. Plugs, brakes, filters, fluids etc... are a snap to do.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2018, 07:57 PM   #29
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
FYI working around the engine on maintenance items is very easy. The plenum takes 15 minutes to remove and once you take it off it more resembles an engine again. Plugs, brakes, filters, fluids etc... are a snap to do.
I wouldn’t say “easy” mechanically easy yes but my back always hurts after being hunched over in there
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2018, 08:04 PM   #30
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
EJ makes a lot of sense here, typically if you take them off you are installing new parts or having the area repainted. People would kill for CF pieces, you may have to just enjoy them. And I'm surprised you do not like the look. CF looks awesome with white. Obviously that's subjective to our own tastes.
I agree, looks friggin awesome in white cars

I can't stand it on black though... it looks off, too similar
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2018, 12:00 AM   #31
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
"Loveskiing"- Thanks for those words! This is my 3rd forum to join- After giving up on dragracing my supercharged dragbike a few years ago, I retired early, and began my "project car" quests. First, I acquired a '77 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40(joined forum) that I restored & sold. Then I found a nice '69 Chevelle SS396(w/454). Joined forum, restored & sold that, bringing me to this '12 M3. I have always lurked around the forums for months before joining until now. Jumped in here immediately! I'm a little wary of the high costs and complexity of doing some things I've easily done in the past to other "simpler" cars. Just finding the right replacement fluids is daunting unless I just go to the stealership and hand them my wallet!LOL! I've already found alot of valuable info here, thankfully. FWIW, I like a stealthy look, and was in error that I could easily remove any CF doodads I didn't care for, until I learned about the Betalink used. Can one have CF painted? Haha, jus' kiddin'(kinda?)
I hear you bro...FWIW the 69 Chevelle 396 w 454 Chevy was the SHYTE! Lots of power to spare...my grandparents told me that anyway
And like you, I too am more about stealth than carbon fiber everything and mods up the kazoo that to me scream "Hey Officer, if you haven't anything better to do, you can always notice me and give me a ticket for sumthin"
Or "Hey thieves, if you're looking for a nicely tricked out car to snatch and load onto your container to ship overseas, how about picking me?"

We're glad your here to share your wisdom and learn from everyone...that's why I enjoy coming up here...
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2018, 12:02 AM   #32
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sweet....how soon can you get here to do my plugs, brakes, filters, fluids etc. and did I hear it right that you do if for a case of beer and all the compliments we can throw at you?
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2018, 06:19 AM   #33
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveskiing View Post
Quote:
Sweet....how soon can you get here to do my plugs, brakes, filters, fluids etc. and did I hear it right that you do if for a case of beer and all the compliments we can throw at you?
It would be an honor to meet up and give you you a hand. The S65 does look daunting with the plenum on but it truly is an easy engine to work in with easy access. Headers would be about the only thing I wouldn't want to mess with due to access. Let me know when you have ordered your 100% warrantied service items from FCP Euro and I'll book my ticket.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2018, 06:21 AM   #34
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I hear you bro...FWIW the 69 Chevelle 396 w 454 Chevy was the SHYTE! Lots of power to spare...my grandparents told me that anyway
And like you, I too am more about stealth than carbon fiber everything and mods up the kazoo that to me scream "Hey Officer, if you haven't anything better to do, you can always notice me and give me a ticket for sumthin"
Or "Hey thieves, if you're looking for a nicely tricked out car to snatch and load onto your container to ship overseas, how about picking me?"

We're glad your here to share your wisdom and learn from everyone...that's why I enjoy coming up here...
Stealth is a nice look. But let's not forget that CF is part of the ZCP package.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #35
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Stealth is a nice look. But let's not forget that CF is part of the ZCP package.
Stealth also precludes tooling down the highway, top down in a e93 with a bevy of top models in the car...
Just sayin...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 09:33 PM   #36
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Stealth also precludes tooling down the highway, top down in a e93 with a bevy of top models in the car...
Just sayin...
Guilty as charged sir.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 02:33 PM   #37
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Guilty as charged sir.
Let the record show on this glorious day, March 9th in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Eighteen, BOOF has admitted his crimes against humanity and will be excommunicated forever and a day...
Sentence to be carried out on next February 30th...May God have mercy on his ill repentant soul...
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      03-09-2018, 04:03 PM   #38
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Let the record show on this glorious day, March 9th in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Eighteen, BOOF has admitted his crimes against humanity and will be excommunicated forever and a day...
Sentence to be carried out on next February 30th...May God have mercy on his ill repentant soul...
lean sentence if you ask me. something involving hard labor would be more appropriate
Appreciate 1