BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #67
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
There are too many people in this thread w/ economic interests at risk that will prevent any rational discussion from occurring (4 pages long on this sub-forum is proof of that). This is typical of any thread involving negative info regarding Vorsteiner.

Vorsteiner has had severe QC issues in the past, and whether they've been rectified now is an unknown to me. Let's say they don't have those QC issues anymore...great. What's unnecessary is every vendor dogpiling onto the OP like he's a criminal. In my eyes, the owner of a company that takes the time to make an image detailing why someone he doesn't know is a "slanderer" is immature, extremely unprofessional, and shows he might have something to hide.

Last edited by eclipsisNA; 04-02-2011 at 08:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #68
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremepower View Post
Lol this thread has gone on long enough. I second that.

I will also offer the same as Jlevi:

"Do not believe the misinformation being presented to you here. I challenge any of you to come to our shop and look at the Vorsteiner products on display - feel them with your own 2 hands"

We are in So Cal and would be happy to let you guys check out the Vorsteiner products we have in stock. There is no defective product anywhere.

I guess this is the internet....u get the good info, you get the bad info and you get the useless info
the only misinformation here was the price. but the quality control i dont think it was spot on... yes you did provide photos of the products after being painted from a body shop. but i wonder how many hours it took them to make it right or perfect fit? all im saying cause to be honest i have seen every vorsteiner products out there and for the price its just not worth it. plus they claim its 100% CF... BUT we all know its not. funny how you say there is no defective product anywhere? are you sure about that. i have no doubt that the vors product have nice finishes but we are talking about fitment. TO BE HONEST AND SEEN PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING ON THE MEET, BIMMERFEST, AND MFEST AND EVERYONE THAT OWNS ONE complained that they had to do quite a lot of work to make it work or fit perfectly. is that not defective to you?

if you want wait till MFEST AND TALK TO GUYS THAT OWNS VORS PRODUCT AND YOU WILL SEE.

dont get me wrong i love all the design. the hood the lip the rear diffuser but to be honest fitment is just crap. sorry but when i got my ///M3 2 years ago the first thing i looked at was VORS until i spoke to people who owns and was planning to buy said that its not worth it... then realized why.
      04-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #69
nathan@cc
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
the only misinformation here was the price. but the quality control i dont think it was spot on... yes you did provide photos of the products after being painted from a body shop. but i wonder how many hours it took them to make it right or perfect fit? all im saying cause to be honest i have seen every vorsteiner products out there and for the price its just not worth it. plus they claim its 100% CF... BUT we all know its not. funny how you say there is no defective product anywhere? are you sure about that. i have no doubt that the vors product have nice finishes but we are talking about fitment. TO BE HONEST AND SEEN PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING ON THE MEET, BIMMERFEST, AND MFEST AND EVERYONE THAT OWNS ONE complained that they had to do quite a lot of work to make it work or fit perfectly. is that not defective to you?

if you want wait till MFEST AND TALK TO GUYS THAT OWNS VORS PRODUCT AND YOU WILL SEE.

dont get me wrong i love all the design. the hood the lip the rear diffuser but to be honest fitment is just crap. sorry but when i got my ///M3 2 years ago the first thing i looked at was VORS until i spoke to people who owns and was planning to buy said that its not worth it... then realized why.
I promise that this is the last thing i will say on this thread. It would be interesting to poll these Mfesters that are "unhappy" and find out who did the installation. I have corrected many supposed defective parts with as little as 5-10 minutes of proper alignment. I would put $100 out to any amateur DIY to come to shop and install and align a OEM BMW front hood or trunk. It takes alot more skill than most think. Alot of so called professional body shops and even tuner shops cannot properly install OEM parts let alone aftermarket parts which everyone knows never ever ever never fit as well as OEM. Think about the companies that make aftermarket sheetmetal parts for the collision industry. They have invested tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars into their equipment and processes and the parts still dont fit. So please give credit where credit is do.

And to clarify im not saying that their parts are perfect but i would say that for all of the kits and parts ive ever worked with, and thats alot, Vorsteiner is definitely the cream of the crop. They are very few that can compare when all things are considered: price, quality, fit, service
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 03:48 AM   #70
Hershey
CLU KINGSMEN
Rep
Drives: '66 Shelby GT 350

okay....jus read the thread. I don't know what to think of Vorsteiner but will hold off on purchasing a set of front lip/diffuser until all is confirmed.....I also specifically remember running into this thread.....

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481103

POST #16.... has pics of a Vorsteiner lip being cut and revealed the inside to be fiberglass /cloth, which in turn talks about this thread....

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183380[/URL]

I...along with numerous members of this forum are following along......but for the price that Vorsteiner charges, one would think that quality should not be an issue, right??
      04-03-2011, 04:15 AM   #71
brizzom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post

If you're just joining us for today's presentation of "Fishy Drama From Vorsteiner Competitor," We are live with a sketchy competitor who registered an account last week and has 6 posts to his name. Amusingly enough, people are actually buying it!

Also in the studio today, we have a professional installer who has been in business for decades, who states that Vorsteiner's quality is top-notch and the claims in this thread are ridiculous. We also have numerous companies with over 20 years of combined experience, who sell not only vorsteiner but their competitors' products, too, confirming the tip-top quality of Vorsteiner products.

We go now to more people being mislead by false claims, despite thousands of satisfied customers worldwide. Back to you in the studio, Jerry.
not this again
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 04:28 AM   #72
brizzom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
For some reason I feel it so be offensive that you think the OP is full of shit just because of the number of posts he has. I bet you wouldnt care how many posts he had if he wanted to buy something from you.

..."Now hear this....JLEVI SW will only conduct business with forum members that have over 3000+ posts."
so true

vendors should not make these types of accusations.. makes them look so petty IMO
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #73
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzom View Post
so true

vendors should not make these types of accusations.. makes them look so petty IMO
Agreed, vendors shouldn't ever make accusations against a forum member publically for any reason, other than it just making them seem unprofessional.

I've been around this forum for a while and think that as of late, some vendors have been a little "loose" with their comments. Between this and the Gintani/OE thread, I start reading and I'm like, "I can't believe a business owner/sales rep would say that!" Guys, it's really not a good business decision to publically insult a member of a massively large pool of potential customers (even if you are totally right).
It just shows me that the economy is kicking their ass and their aggresive posts are just signs of frustration.

Vendors: If you ever want to get an idea about real professional conduct on a forum, pay very close attention to anything posted by IND. Those dudes are as good as it gets.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #74
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsis View Post
What's unnecessary is every vendor dogpiling onto the OP like he's a criminal. In my eyes, the owner of a company that takes the time to make an image detailing why someone he doesn't know is a "slanderer" is immature, extremely unprofessional, and shows he might have something to hide.
church....

stay classy vendors...

perhaps the OP's friend did get a kit that slipped passed QC, accidents happen, but I'm curious to know how it was handled after the fact by the vendor and/or Vort...as of right now, certain vendors seem to be more defensive and aggressive rather than proactive....real professional...

Last edited by geneatals; 04-03-2011 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #75
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Agreed, vendors shouldn't ever make accusations against a forum member publically for any reason, other than it just making them seem unprofessional.

I've been around this forum for a while and think that as of late, some vendors have been a little "loose" with their comments. Between this and the Gintani/OE thread, I start reading and I'm like, "I can't believe a business owner/sales rep would say that!" Guys, it's really not a good business decision to publically insult a member of a massively large pool of potential customers (even if you are totally right).
It just shows me that the economy is kicking their ass and their aggresive posts are just signs of frustration.

Vendors: If you ever want to get an idea about real professional conduct on a forum, pay very close attention to anything posted by IND. Those dudes are as good as it gets.
+1 Agreed. Arrogance will never get you customers nor accusing them of being a libeler. Being humble is what makes a vendor succeed. The OP stated his opinion of being Vorsteiner's product horrendous. Opinions aren't wrong; it's the vendors that are wrong for telling him he is wrong for how he feels. Shame on them.

Last edited by chungdae; 04-03-2011 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #76
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Just FYI, "slander" is verbal. Libel is written. Libeler would be the correct term.
      04-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #77
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

^Fixed!
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #78
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

if vorsteiner products were really 100% carbon, they'll show their entire production process. i think thats the best way to end all doubts.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 01:53 AM   #79
Hershey
CLU KINGSMEN
Rep
Drives: '66 Shelby GT 350

very interesting thread just got more interesting imo.

I want to believe some of the vendors here and continue on with my life of "wasting" my money on my car (lol) but will have to hold off on Vorsteiner parts which I was planning/interested in buying or using.

What other options do we as car guys have?? OEM splitters? besides Arkym or Revinora?

04-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #80
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
if vorsteiner products were really 100% carbon, they'll show their entire production process. i think thats the best way to end all doubts.
Already done.

My Tour of Vorsteiner's Manufacturing Process (with Photos)
*This is most likely why the OP felt the need to bash Vorsteiner's rep down a few pegs. Also, Vorsteiner never claims their products are 100% carbon - they claim they are carbon & DVWP, which is exactly what the OP's photos show. Furthermore you can see they use NOMEX in that thread - which is not carbon fiber. Google it.

So, there's that. Click for detailed explanation of Vorsteiner's production process.

In regards to the accusations re: professionalism, I respectfully offer a "PUH-LEEEZZE." You're kidding right? To the best of my knowledge, our company continues to be an exemplar of customer service and respectful conduct on this and about 8 other forums - when there is a legitimate complaint. The OP creates an account and then INSTANTLY posts this thread? You don't find that suspicious?
We offer the same high level of service whether you have 2 posts or 2,000. We don't care. But if you are a libelous (thank you for the correction), lying, dishonest scam artist out to hurt hard-working honest business people and damage their reputations, well, I have NO interest in your business - neither does my company.

To that effect, the OP is, quite simply, a phony. And you all know it.

If there were a problem with the kit, and someone spent $24,000, they would have called Vorsteiner and asked for a replacement - which they would have NO DOUBT received (as people in this thread testified, sometimes parts don't fit right, but Vorsteiner always replaces them free of charge). I doubt their first course of action would have been to have their buddy create an account on M3Post and post photos bashing Vorsteiner.

The simple facts:
  • There is NO record of this customer registering a complaint with Vorsteiner
  • There were NO attempts made to contact Vorsteiner for replacement parts or help installing
  • Photos clearly show the fenders, hood, etc painted flawlessly. Furthermore, this is the car featured at the Tokyo Auto Salon (which, by the way, won the best of show trophy)

To the original poster. I challenge you to post a photo of your "friend's" invoice here. $100 of my PERSONAL cash says you cannot do it - because it's not your friend.

The photo of the invoice must have all EXIFF data, including a geotag, preserved in the file, to ensure integrity. I suggest taking it with an iPhone or Blackberry.

I will not post in this thread again, unless I have the opportunity to post a "paypal payment sent" receipt"

I'm done in this thread. If the OP materializes as a legitimate forum member, someone PM me the evidence. I will draft a full apology and send it with a check or paypal payment.

Thanks to those legitimate customers who have reached out.
JL

Last edited by SV Concepts; 04-04-2011 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #81
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
I can see why a company that manufactures parts would keep some of the process a secret because it may be proprietary information.

But where I seriously have doubts is when I read Vorsteiner's claims that they have an autoclave. That's a hard one for me to believe without seeing it.
      04-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #82
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I can see why a company that manufactures parts would keep some of the process a secret because it may be proprietary information.

But where I seriously have doubts is when I read Vorsteiner's claims that they have an autoclave. That's a hard one for me to believe without seeing it.
HAHAHA... i have addressed it several times on the thread but for some reason they response back to my post except they always left the autoclave part.

HERES WHAT AUTOCLAVE IN JAPAN (ASM) IS ALL ABOUT / now show us your entire shop that you say you guys use AUTOCLAVE.

HERE IS THE FINISHED PRODUCT USING AUTOCLAVE

04-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #83
ooowowizstev
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
^Baller
      04-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #84
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

^^Now that's CF

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #85
chris328i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

I would not have accepted the parts as they are obviously defective. Why do companies even ship stuff like this?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #86
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris328i View Post
I would not have accepted the parts as they are obviously defective. Why do companies even ship stuff like this?
I dont think the parts are defective... with a lot of mods tweaks here and there it should be good in no time. oh and its 24k body kit... but for 24k i expect to be 100% fitment. NOT IN THIS CASE...

Last edited by Grail05; 04-05-2011 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #87
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

Yea, 24k. If I had a e92m3, I would be allover this kit hands down =)

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #88
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

I have a VRS Type 2 and well... I don't think it's the best quality thing out there

I don't think it's bad by any means... but it's not crazy.
I honestly feel my Revinora is better built

The VRS feels really flimsy. but it looks sick so i like it
Appreciate 0