BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #45
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
If wishes were fishes we would all have a great fry. Problem is, the numbers you are stating don't add up. The above car would whip a GT3 RS and cost... well proportionally more than a GT3 RS.
Jeesh, you people. What's wrong with setting a nice target?

If it ended up at 460/375/3300 I would be happy. The car almost exists today. A more aggressively tuned 135 with LSD and M type suspension is almost there, and could be done.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #46
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 View Post
Look at the difference between manual and dsg, and you can expect something more special from bmw

I am not denying the differences between DSG and a stick, but I would believe that the advantage is much greater, or at least have the potential to be much greater, with a turbo car because of the systems networking with the turbo(s), which-of course-minimizes lag time between shifts.

My 997tt is a perfect example of this, which is why the auto is quicker 0-60 than the stick.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #47
2002 Tii
Private
Rep
Drives: Cooper S JCW

What's with the title of this thread? If anyone hated the E92 M they wouldn't even bother with this forum, unless they needed medical help.
Every one of us has an interest in one form another in the car. Now some people including myself have been some what dissapointed by the latest reviews. At the end of the day we buy magazines to inform ourselves, anything wrong with that?
$60-$70,000 is a lot of dough at least for me, so am I hater for just because I'm not running down to my BMW and leaving a check? I don't think so, based on information recieved so far, it seems logical to test drive the M and few of it's direct competitors before signing the check, no hating but no blind faith either.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #48
M3onTwomps
First Lieutenant
Iraq
Rep
Drives: '02 E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Tii View Post
What's with the title of this thread? If anyone hated the E92 M they wouldn't even bother with this forum, unless they needed medical help.
Every one of us has an interest in one form another in the car. Now some people including myself have been some what dissapointed by the latest reviews. At the end of the day we buy magazines to inform ourselves, anything wrong with that?
$60-$70,000 is a lot of dough at least for me, so am I hater for just because I'm not running down to my BMW and leaving a check? I don't think so, based on information recieved so far, it seems logical to test drive the M and few of it's direct competitors before signing the check, no hating but no blind faith either.
If you aren't a hater, then this thread wasn't aimed at you. Some are obviously trolling here.

If the shoe fits....
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #49
schhay07
Rep
Drives: blue 3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
I was worried when I saw the M3 concept. I thought it looked like an IS-F coupe. Weird bodykit, big pimple on the hood, guppy mouthed front spoler, rear that looks like something from an aero-kit. The side gills that look like a handle from a 50' fridge, weird sideskirts, the wheels were just CSL.
agree...hate the power dome...why can't they make it like the x5?...slightly elevated off the hood....would have been more appealing.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #50
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by schhay07 View Post
agree...hate the power dome...why can't they make it like the x5?...slightly elevated off the hood....would have been more appealing.
PD is needed, engine won`t fitt in without PD...................
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 12:35 AM   #51
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manz_UK View Post
...a better driving experience than the new M3

um? you do realise both C63 and ISF will have Auto boxes only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 View Post
If you don't like the new M3 than don't get it! Instead get an C63 CLK63 ISF RS4 RS5 or what ever you'll be happy with, but be sure of one thing. When the new ~DSG M3~ comes out you will be very sorry. Because on the streets tracks or anywhere we E92 M3 owners gonna whoop your ass
Thats quite a bold prediction considering Mercedes, like BMW, is working on their own DCT transmision. It's hard to argue against the C63's 457 hp horsepower and a earth shaking 442lbs of torque. Reports also say, though I don't believe it, that the 6.2 liter motor weighs about the same as the M's 4 liter. Good luck on the streets in a drag race or at a track with long straights against the C63 becuase you will surely need it.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 04:18 AM   #52
RussianM3_dude
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: B7 Audi RS4

Apparently it weighs 3 kilos less, it'a 199kgs AFAIK.
Appreciate 0