BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

EXXEL Distributions

12-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
TheDefinition
TheDefinition
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Coupe, Grey

Body Shop and Service in San Diego

I've just found a small body problem under my air dam that I need to get fixed. Does anyone have a Body shop they can recommend? I didn't see much after searching...

Normally I guess I would go to the dealer, but b/c I am supercharged I'm hearing that I shouldn't bring the car there. Does anyone have any suggestions on service and places in SD to bring the car to when I have a problem?
      12-04-2011, 02:00 AM   #2
SD-E93-11
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Black

You might want to try Amato's body shop. They are pretty much THE shop in SD for high-end autos (for example they're the only certified Aston Martin body shop in SD). If you're paying out of pocket, then know they're not cheap. They were recommended to me by Pioneer Porsche when I needed some work done, and they also did repairs on my Merc SL. They're pretty well known so have a lot of reviews on Yelp.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
dapopa9
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I have used a few body shops in San Diego for my M3s including Amato's but from my expeirence the best was Philip Thearle's Autowerks. They did the best work by far and had very good communication with keeping me updated and involved in the repair process.

I had a bumper repaired at Amato's and when I first picked up the car they had forgot to plug the foglights in and tried to blame the aftermarket Angel Eyes in the headlight for the reason the fogs weren't working, brake duct was falling out, and the turn signal actually fell out the day after I picked it up. Basically Amatos messed up everything and were real @sses about it all.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #4
SD-E93-11
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Black

Dapopa, YMMV, but I agree to the extent that I was more pleased with the work they did than with their service.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #5
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDefinition View Post
I've just found a small body problem under my air dam that I need to get fixed. Does anyone have a Body shop they can recommend? I didn't see much after searching...

Normally I guess I would go to the dealer, but b/c I am supercharged I'm hearing that I shouldn't bring the car there. Does anyone have any suggestions on service and places in SD to bring the car to when I have a problem?
Not sure about a body shop, but for service, definitely ask for Natasha at South County BMW. She is very nice and mod friendly, and as long as your mods didn't cause the problem, she will take care of you!
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
VelocityM3
Brian
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 ///M3

I've personally heard nothing but good things about West Coast Specialties.

I plan on taking my car there to have them install a body kit.

http://westcoastspecialties.net/index.shtml