BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

12-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW/Fox 6MT E90 M3

AA Race Xpipe

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 1,200.00

Item Interest
I will be switching exhaust systems this week and will have my AA Race(Catless) xpipe off on Saturday. Been on my car for about 4K miles. Looking for 1200 shipped or 1100 local pickup. It will be taken off at ACM in Fair Lawn NJ and will probably be there for a few days. Any local sales can pick it up there and potentially have it installed. Or I can meet somewhere local.

E90 M3 AW/Extended FR•Ohlins•Borla•ACM•K&N•IND•BBS•Vredestein•Velos Designworks•Vorsteiner•BMW Performance•Lux AE•Arkym

Last edited by Castr_85M; 01-04-2013 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep

Pic bump

E90 M3 AW/Extended FR•Ohlins•Borla•ACM•K&N•IND•BBS•Vredestein•Velos Designworks•Vorsteiner•BMW Performance•Lux AE•Arkym
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
JDUb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

Why are you switching? And what are you switching to? Is the race xpipe much louder than the version with HFCs?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUb View Post
Why are you switching? And what are you switching to? Is the race xpipe much louder than the version with HFCs?
My neighbors in my complex are all old hags and I get up rather early so their has been several complains to the board about my exhaust. Cold starts are pretty loud but that goes with any setup. I put oem xpipe with ACM testpipes. Never head the HFC version. Make offer!

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
JDUb
Private First Class
Rep

Ah ok, gotcha. I currently have the AA axleback. I was trying to decide between your AA xpipe or a secondary cat delete on the OEM xpipe. Since you've gone down this road before, are there any gotchas I should consider?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Ah ok, gotcha. I currently have the AA axleback. I was trying to decide between your AA xpipe or a secondary cat delete on the OEM xpipe. Since you've gone down this road before, are there any gotchas I should consider?
Well with my oem modded exhaust it was loud. It's basicly a straight through exhaust unlike your AA axleback which has the chambers on the side to reduce the drone. I can tell you first hand that the Xpipe produces a better sound and noticeably quieter with the AA axleback from hearing it on a member on here AA supercharged M. He is running the full AA setup. Nick can chime in if he wants.

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
JDUb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alofoque View Post
Well with my oem modded exhaust it was loud. It's basicly a straight through exhaust unlike your AA axleback which has the chambers on the side to reduce the drone. I can tell you first hand that the Xpipe produces a better sound and noticeably quieter with the AA axleback from hearing it on a member on here AA supercharged M. He is running the full AA setup. Nick can chime in if he wants.
Yes Nick... chime in!! Does the AA xpipe with axleback sound like this?

I can't tell from the description if this has the HFC or straight pipe option.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep

Quote:

His sounds like that. I'm willing to bet he is running the race pipe since it is Supercharged. Having cat's up front produce a deeper tone regardless if they are hfc or not. This has that glorious high pitch F1 sound. Mine didn't sound that good with my modded OEM exhaust.

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep

Quote:

If you keep looking through his vids you can see he has older vids of the car without the xpipe. The sound is much different, same as stock kind of tone just louder.

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #10
JDUb
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah, I just listened to his other vids, with the OEM xpipe. It definitely sounds a lot like my current setup. The sound with the xpipe is amazing though, no doubt. I'm just a little worried about the volume. People already talk about me when I pull into the parking lot at work. LOL! I'll let you know this weekend...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #11
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I just listened to his other vids, with the OEM xpipe. It definitely sounds a lot like my current setup. The sound with the xpipe is amazing though, no doubt. I'm just a little worried about the volume. People already talk about me when I pull into the parking lot at work. LOL! I'll let you know this weekend...
kkk no problem

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #12
JDUb
Private First Class
Rep

PM sent!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #13
zhangx01
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Hi. I living in Philly, I think I can local pickup. Did you sold it?
Appreciate 0