BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

05-16-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Arrow No more patience, I'm ordering '09!!!

I was seriously planning on waiting and ordering the 2010 E90 M3, but I don't have the patience to wait that long unfortunately. I'm now planning to order my 2009 E90 M3 very soon. Here are my specific options that I'll go for:

*Interlagos Blue Metallic
*Anthracite & Black Cloth/Leather
*Titanium Shadow Trim
*Anti-theft alarm system
*6 speed manual
*18 inch standard wheels

The MSRP w/destination & handling comes to $56,625

-How much do you think I can save on this specific M3?

I'm most likely not getting the Tech pkg since all I want in this car is the pure driving experience....Unless you can persuade me on the benefits of having the Tech pkg. I know that it has the M mode, nav, and also comes with EDC.....But as much research as I've done so far, I still only want the performance, handling, and the purity of the driving experience.

I seriously plan on keeping my M3 for 5 + yrs....So I'm not really looking at the resale value. Do you think I'll regret not getting the Tech pkg? I mean, will I be missing something special about the car if I don't get it? I can get the Tech pkg., but will I lose any performance or benefit in the driving experience if I don't get it? My main goal is to keep my M3 pure & simple in its performance and drive, that's why I ask these questions.

Thank you for all of your help since it will make a major difference in my order and purchase .
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
if you wanted a bone stock m3 why would it make a difference to get 2010 vs. 2009?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
Splinter4784
414 little horsies
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

get the tech package, if ur considering having this car for 5 + years ,u definetly want it fully loaded

btw ditch the 18"s get the 19"
      05-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
if you wanted a bone stock m3 why would it make a difference to get 2010 vs. 2009?
Good question. I wanted to wait because the 2009 has been here for majority of its year already, and the 2010's ordering will take place in just a few more months....But by that time, I'll have my '09 M3. Another reason I wanted to wait was because BMW may perhaps do some minor brush-ups or make a few minor, positive changes in the exterior or interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter4784 View Post
get the tech package, if ur considering having this car for 5 + years ,u definetly want it fully loaded

btw ditch the 18"s get the 19"
I don't know why, but I just don't see myself comfortable with having a "fully loaded" M3. I guess I'm just too simple of a person.

I've compared the 18"s vs the 19"s, and most M3 owners I believe have the 19"s, and it's starting to get very common. But the main reason I'm going for 18"s is because I've seen some key photos where they look much better than the 19"s when the car is lowered on springs and spacers. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Last edited by Nawaaz; 09-22-2009 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 01:10 AM   #5
Adonislike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius

Good choice on the color . I went with the stock 18"s because I knew I would eventually be upgrading to an aftermarket wheel and lowering it. Hence I felt it would be better put into other options on the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 01:27 AM   #6
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonislike View Post
Good choice on the color . I went with the stock 18"s because I knew I would eventually be upgrading to an aftermarket wheel and lowering it. Hence I felt it would be better put into other options on the car.
Thanks for the support! Every bit of help really makes a HUGE difference in my major purchase. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 02:07 AM   #7
akssriva
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 (E90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
I don't know why, but I just don't see myself comfortable with having a "fully loaded" M3. I guess I'm just too simple of a person.

Well, by buying an M3, you're already stepping out of the simple zone so might as well spend a little more. The Tech Pkg is highly reccomended.
      05-16-2009, 03:37 AM   #8
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

I'm in love with a stripper

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #9
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

If you want a "stripper" then:

- why do you get Leather seats? You should get the speed cloth (which btw looks very sporty).

- Alarm system is useless in my opinion.

- The tech package is a more tricky answer to answer:

* the Nav system is not the best and it is easier to upgrade your Tom/Tom or Garmin when it dies.
* MDM mode is not the most important; whether you drive it with DSC or not (if you are a good driver).
* On the other hand the EDC, Servotronic and Power controls could be more useful if you plan on going on a track from time to time, but again, not key for everyday use.

- also, are the folding seats still an option on the e90? I would recommend you get that if you want to load skis or something in your car someday.

My 2 cents.
      05-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
Silvertige
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 e92 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW 535i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post

- why do you get Leather seats? You should get the speed cloth (which btw looks very sporty).

* the Nav system is not the best and it is easier to upgrade your Tom/Tom or Garmin when it dies.
* MDM mode is not the most important; whether you drive it with DSC or not (if you are a good driver).
* On the other hand the EDC, Servotronic and Power controls could be more useful if you plan on going on a track from time to time, but again, not key for everyday use.

- also, are the folding seats still an option on the e90? I would recommend you get that if you want to load skis or something in your car someday.

My 2 cents.
+1. Might as well save on the Alarm if your going the stripper route.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Sup man? Glad you decided to go with an '09! I would really suggest you to still go with the tech package...i can give you a call whenever I'm in the area and give you a ride and what not in my car if you want...since the dealership won't really let you get on it there lol

BTW, awesome color choice! I have yet to see an Interlagos Blue in person!
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #12
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

i much prefer the 18s to the 19s, maybe it has to do with a dark exterior. if the 19s were stock and the 18s were the 2k option, i would probably get them, they make the car.

i would get an 08 if i were you; you arent looking for lots of options, you seem price-conscious, and i dont know if you are really fussy, but i see no reason in ordering unless i know exactly what i want to the tee.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #13
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

-

Good for you!

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akssriva View Post
Well, by buying an M3, you're already stepping out of the simple zone so might as well spend a little more. The Tech Pkg is highly reccomended.
Man! It's becoming more and more harder to skip the Tech pkg....But I guess I'm still not so much of a fan for the Tech stuff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab5er View Post
I'm in love with a stripper
Same here...hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post

My 2 cents.
i am getting the "speed cloth". It's a cloth and leather combo. I've also heard that the BMW nav is not all that. The rear folding seats may not come of any use to me. The alarm I feel may come useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertige View Post
+1. Might as well save on the Alarm if your going the stripper route.
Maybe...but the Alarm lets me know that my M3 is secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Sup man? Glad you decided to go with an '09! I would really suggest you to still go with the tech package...i can give you a call whenever I'm in the area and give you a ride and what not in my car if you want...since the dealership won't really let you get on it there lol

BTW, awesome color choice! I have yet to see an Interlagos Blue in person!
Thanks Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post
i much prefer the 18s to the 19s, maybe it has to do with a dark exterior. if the 19s were stock and the 18s were the 2k option, i would probably get them, they make the car.

i would get an 08 if i were you; you arent looking for lots of options, you seem price-conscious, and i dont know if you are really fussy, but i see no reason in ordering unless i know exactly what i want to the tee.
Same here. i think the 18"s are seriously under-rated. I'm choosing to order since it'll let me have it exactly the way I would like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
-

Good for you!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #15
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Question what does everyone think on this price quote?

A local dealer quoted me $53K + gg tax + ttl. My configured e90 M3 came up as $56,625. Do you think I'm getting a great deal? Honestly, I think I can do much better. What does everyone else think about the price quote that I recieved?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #16
RyanS
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi M-Sport

You should check out www.bmwonline.com. I have no affiliation with the site or the guy. I found out about him on here and think it is an awesome deal for anyone ordering a BMW. I plan to use him to order a 2011 550i for my wife next year.

I went ahead and did the numbers for you on your build. Go to his site and fill out the form to get an official quote.

Invoice = $50460
*Interlagos Blue Metallic = $500
*Anthracite & Black Cloth/Leather =$0
*Titanium Shadow Trim = $0
*Anti-theft alarm system =$365
*6 speed manual = $0
*18 inch standard wheels = $0
* Destination & Handling = $825
* Gas Guzzler = $1300
Total Invoice = $53450 , before tax, tag and license

Last edited by RyanS; 05-19-2009 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #17
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

2009 E90 M3 finally ORDERED on May 18th, 2009 for $56K out the door!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Appreciate 0