BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

03-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #23
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
That's old news. They broke the record again with their 1600HP GTR. It ran 8.6's at TX2K12.
WTF? 1600hp? How is the rest of the car coping with that? Do they have a rebuilt tranny, differential etc?
      03-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #24
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhan View Post
WTF? 1600hp? How is the rest of the car coping with that? Do they have a rebuilt tranny, differential etc?
Not sure. I know it ate up a few bumpers though.

Here's the thread.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....ady-for-texas/
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #25
kwike92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
There is no end to this. Just buy a jet and your pretty much you can beat anyone
hahahaha for real... bottom line is...dollar for dollar...this thing is a fckin beast!!! damn! impressive,

but it is true, it is an aftermarket set up. ive seen aftermarket zr1s pushing 1200 hp, aftermarket 911s etc making serious power ..

i just thought this was kinda cool. i still love my m3..
      03-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #26
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

A friend (former M3 owner and forum member) took me for a ride and let me drive his 2010 GTR. It is modded with about 100 extra HP. Just a ----ing beast! I would love to take that car to the track. Does make my M3 feel small. Amazing technology.
Attached Images

03-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #27
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
I am a JDM guy, so the GT-R would be my natural selection. I just like to keep things fair on the forums, coming from the JDM world, and seeing cars like the supra, evo/4663/etc, it just seems weird to see people shit their pants over 10 second cars especially a high powered GT-R. For years it's been common to see 500whp tuner cars smoking ferraris and porsches, so to hear people boast about a 100k+ heavily engineered stock car GT-R, then modded, comes in conflict with my past experiences of what is awe worthy. Think about it, guys were pulling this kind of stuff with 4 cylinder cars!

GT-R is a better performance car than my m3 100% true, but not a better daily driver. This is obvious to most who have driven a GT-R , while bearable, the GT-R certainly can be daily driven, but not at the comfort level of an M3. I don't think any non-biased person can argue otherwise

Why am I not in a GT-R or a z06/zr1? Well, I was going to buy a GT-R, but for fear of reliablity and daily driving it, I decided to get an M3.
Yes you would be ill or insane to drive a GT-R and ZR1 daily. I sure wouldnt!

It is still impressive that the new 2013 has already Gone 11.0 in the quarter bone stock. Being out only a few weeks the car is definitely capable of pulling off a high 10's BONE STOCK. Now that is impressive no matter what vehicles have done in the past. My grandpa ran 9's at the track 50 years ago in muscle cars, but who the hell would want to do it the way he did? Nearly killed himself trying. Now you can do it with the radio on and heated seats.
      03-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #28
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
I never hate on the GT-R, it just annoys the hell out of me when people go around thinking that the GT-R is the fastest car on earth and talk about how it smokes everything around.

Also, nothing annoys me more than talking about 0-60 times.

I think most people that own a specific car get carried away in touting and defending it (just look at all the nonsense spouted about the M3). The GTR is no different.
But I can say out of all the nice cars I have owned I have never encountered such a strong negative reaction that the GTR brings out in some people. Its just flat out weird.
And yes 0-60 time is a very limited measure. It's all about traction and launch. I think 0-100, 60-130 and quarter miles times/trap speeds give a much better indication of raw performance.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #29
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

The GTR is a beast, I want to like it but it does nothing for me. I have total respect for the engineering but something is missing...I don't care if it can run circles around me, I love my M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #30
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
are you sure? Cause i remember lapping about 5 Z06's and a ZR1 a few months back with speed ventures lol. I dont think they forgot it either. They are still whining about it lol.

Im tired of being put in unlimited class with a bone stock car and street tires lol!

Its not fanboys. There are 2 stereotypes of members on M3post.

A: Those who own one e92 M3 and nothing else. Hate just about every other car other than the M3, but in reality is probably all they can afford.

B: Those of us who have M3's along with our other toys.
I am in no way doubting your ability to drive, however, I know that there are a fair amount of individuals at speedventures who aren't pushing it anywhere near 100% out there. I personally have not driven the GTR, however, I have driven a z06 and ZR1 fairly extensively on the track and from what I understand they may are a bit more difficult to extract the performance that they are capable of. I would often find myself in 3rd in the ZR1 knowing fully well I should be in 2nd for my best time. However, there is something a bit nerve-racking about 638hp going through 2 (although gigantic) rear tires in a 6 figure car that is not your own.

While I in no way doubt your driving abilities (you seem to have quite the stable and therefore quite the ability to destroy tires, bring different vehicles and learn on various platforms) I do doubt others who are driving GTRs as well (yes I know there are corvette guys out there who don't know how to drive as well but I guess the bottom line is there are always guys out there who have cars that are far beyond their capabilities which usually make these track day 'kill' stories pointless).

(so therefore I will go ahead and add another story ) I essentially outran a GTR in a stock c5z06 due to the driver. Should he destroy me? yes. did he? no. Would I have obliterated him if i was in the GTR and he was in the c5z06? I believe I would.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #31
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskamatt View Post
I am in no way doubting your ability to drive, however, I know that there are a fair amount of individuals at speedventures who aren't pushing it anywhere near 100% out there. I personally have not driven the GTR, however, I have driven a z06 and ZR1 fairly extensively on the track and from what I understand they may are a bit more difficult to extract the performance that they are capable of. I would often find myself in 3rd in the ZR1 knowing fully well I should be in 2nd for my best time. However, there is something a bit nerve-racking about 638hp going through 2 (although gigantic) rear tires in a 6 figure car that is not your own.

While I in no way doubt your driving abilities (you seem to have quite the stable and therefore quite the ability to destroy tires, bring different vehicles and learn on various platforms) I do doubt others who are driving GTRs as well (yes I know there are corvette guys out there who don't know how to drive as well but I guess the bottom line is there are always guys out there who have cars that are far beyond their capabilities which usually make these track day 'kill' stories pointless).

(so therefore I will go ahead and add another story ) I essentially outran a GTR in a stock c5z06 due to the driver. Should he destroy me? yes. did he? no. Would I have obliterated him if i was in the GTR and he was in the c5z06? I believe I would.
Don't take me too serious Sometimes I like being a sarcastic prick on the forums. My first 3 track days in the GT-R, there were boxster's and bone stock carrera's faster than me. I just like giving someone a rash who is so far stuck on the M3 The ZR1 is absolutely a handful. I had one for about 5 months. It is stupid fast. I can extract more from the GT-R because the extra grip the car has, I never feel it will spit me into the wall. Much like a viper or Vette can be unforgiving to an inexperienced driver like myself. No I am not some pro. A lot of people on here have never even been to a track event.

I have to agree though, I have never seen so much hate for the GT-R.
      03-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #32
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

what speedventures event were you at? I have been at the past few auto club speedway events.

I drive in the black group (black c5z06). Lots of fun, there are some M3s on here with slicks that give me quite a run for my money even though I weigh half a car less than them.

I also found out today that the pilot sport cups the '12 vettes are running these day have an 80 tread wear rating. Absolutely insane if you ask me.

Also, this may be weird, but were you at chuckwalla about a month ago? I met a guy there that had an r8, gt3 (I think it was a gt3 but i forget), and a scud. Very similar to your lineup.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #33
Mookster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 ZR1 & 2020 Supra GR LE

Why is the qtr mile time so weak?
      04-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #34
chasing-infinity
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S

GT-R is an amazing car. M3 is better daily driver though.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #35
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing-infinity View Post
GT-R is an amazing car. M3 is better daily driver though.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #36
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

GTR is fast. Needs a nose job though. Ass is a-ok.
Appreciate 0