BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

08-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #45
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakimano View Post
KEEP IT OFF THE STREETS!

Just kidding. But seriously, i would love to see both cars at Cayuga dragstrip. If you ever go, PM me.
I was suppose to go this past sunday, my wheel bearing was totally shot on one side so I decided not to attend. The next date is September 22, I will be attending for sure. We are also trying to get some guys who may be interested in going for a test and tune day. Let me know if you know anyone in the GTA.
|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Nitto NT05R |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon V1 Endurance|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot - 566WHP, 371WTQ |
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #46
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axol View Post
Seriously who cares if your car is faster or not. You both have sweet rides. Just leave it at that.
Hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #47
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92livin View Post
Nicely said Tightie.. Facts are facts.
Fact: I got a 92mm pulley for free and installed it and the car made no more power on the dyno. I did a write up and everything on it. So my 625 kit with the smaller pulley made the same power as my off-the-shelf 625 kit. Why? probably because of more belt slippage and the tune.

The reason why Josh's car and my car were faster than the other 625 cars is because we are running full catless exhausts. The other guys weren't.

Just thought you'd be interested in teh facts.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #48
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Fact: I got a 92mm pulley for free and installed it and the car made no more power on the dyno. I did a write up and everything on it. So my 625 kit with the smaller pulley made the same power as my off-the-shelf 625 kit. Why? probably because of more belt slippage and the tune.

The reason why Josh's car and my car were faster than the other 625 cars is because we are running full catless exhausts. The other guys weren't.

Attached Images

|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Nitto NT05R |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon V1 Endurance|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot - 566WHP, 371WTQ |
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #49
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
Adam,
I have nothing negative to say about you or ESS. U are a awesome guy, I have nothing but respect 4 u also. Your my buddy.

With all due respect, Gintani does get knocked down every time they do well in something. Not by you directly, but by other ways/people. Your car was not a standard off the shelf 625 kit and we both know that. But yet it was posted as it was. You spanked a normal 625 kit at that event with your 625 kit with a 650 pulley.

Your car is a beast but it isn't a normal 625 kit.. That's all I was saying. It's great that gintani has made a nice product to compare with other vendors but i tried running that 625 kit car that you killed that day and he wouldnt run me after our run.. Before I ran you, he called me out and was ready to run.. Then he went in hiding. We both know that. It just goes to show u how the politics go on the forum.

I could have threw on a smaller pulley, and raced everyone also but i kept it the same way I drive, same file, same everything. To this day, I'm stll running the same file, same pulley, just switched to the self contained blower. I also have put 8,500 miles on the car since that event.

Im not a straight line kinda guy, you know that. I live to track this car. I stepped away from the forum since it wasn't fun anymore since it was all about politics. I was spending more time on the forum reading about this company, that company and was taking away from my work...

I just wanted to put my .02 cents in.

Either way if Gintani did a great product at the end of the day, it would get knocked down, a excuse or something would happen. (Not directing this towards u adam, at all - just saying how everyone thinks one brand is superior to the other)

They are different kits, different qualities and have different levels of building.

I'm friends with any one with a VF, AA, ESS, Gintani, Evolve, whogives a crap what SC u run. I really dont care. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a stand up guy.bI daily drive my M3, I track it on the weekends, and I just have fun with it. If anyone wants to run, sure, I can careless. It's all fun and games. At the end of the day if company X or company B makes 2 more horsepower or is .005 faster, I really don't care. I get zero benefit from it or sexually excited over it.

I don't know why other people care either, it just never made sense for me.

Now when we talk about lap times, heat soaking, etc. I'll be there having fun, shooting the shit with you guys!!

Everyone enjoy your kits, I hope to see everyone at the track

I'll be at Shift Sector with the same setup, It's all fun n games fellas.

Keep modding!!
Hey Josh! Thanks again for the awesome hookup on the Apex/RS3's. Soooo looking forward to the upcoming track season bro.

Your car has always been an inspiration for me. I remember seeing it and meeting u for the first time back in Nov 2011 when I had my 335 and I was like fuuuuuuuuu I got to get me that. The sound of the Gintani release valve was crazy and your car was just such a great set up at the track.

I ended up not even considering Gintani back last summer when I was shopping for SCs however because of the prior issues, but it appears that is all behind them. Your car, Mark's and others are a testiment to the power and reliability their kits are making...and that sound! Glad there is another awesome choice out there for the M3s night now. If I was to do it all over again now, I would consider ESS and Gintani only.

On this thread, I had to comment because there is no way a 650 kit would perform that way...and as it turns out, I was exactly right. If this 650 M3 that ran e92livin couldn't even pull on a stock turbo 335 on the same night then it's majorly screwed up. Did the OP post this? No and that's why I came into this thread. Thankfully the 335 owner joined the thread to let everyone know the truth.

I'm all about transparency here. Ive posted all my mods and dyno's and try to help others as to what things work well and what things don't. And this thread was anything but transparent. Plus the OP seems completely dilusional so setting the record straight by calling this out as BS was the right thing to do for the community. Assuming the same tranny, a Gintani Stg 2 with no cats is probably on par with the ESS 625 with no cats. A Gintani Stg 2 with meth + no cats is probably a little quicker and would assume it's on par with the ESS 650 no cats. But the OP thinking the Gintani Stg 2 no meth no cats is faster than an ESS 650 no cats (running normally) isn't right.

I signed up for Shift-S3ctor and looking at the list it looks like I'll be one of the lowest HP cars there! No matter as I'm looking forward to being the underdog by racing cars in the high 500's to mid 600's wheel HP range. I'll probably lose most but win some. I've shown that a blown DCT M3 at 3,700 lbs can rival cars that are lighter AND have the same or more HP. Anyway I see that there are some other SC M3's that have signed up as well so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out there and having a blast! I didn't see you signed up Josh but no worries as I'll see you at the track!
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #50
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:

Even when you posted that vid against the Gintani Stage 2 at AA3, you were accused of creative editing to make it appear a certain way, and so was I, lmao. The conspiracy stuff, being overly defensive and hyperbole is getting old. Your car is PROVEN, you actually go out and show us what it makes, what it can do with dozens of comparo runs, win or lose, you are by far one of the most transparent enthusiasts I've ever seen on the forums, it's a shame you are being called a hater, it's the farthest thing from the truth. Keep up the good work brother.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #51
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Hey Josh! Thanks again for the awesome hookup on the Apex/RS3's. Soooo looking forward to the upcoming track season bro.

Your car has always been an inspiration for me. I remember seeing it and meeting u for the first time back in Nov 2011 when I had my 335 and I was like fuuuuuuuuu I got to get me that. The sound of the Gintani release valve was crazy and your car was just such a great set up at the track.

I ended up not even considering Gintani back last summer when I was shopping for SCs however because of the prior issues, but it appears that is all behind them. Your car, Mark's and others are a testiment to the power and reliability their kits are making...and that sound! Glad there is another awesome choice out there for the M3s night now. If I was to do it all over again now, I would consider ESS and Gintani only.

On this thread, I had to comment because there is no way a 650 kit would perform that way...and as it turns out, I was exactly right. If this 650 M3 that ran e92livin couldn't even pull on a stock turbo 335 on the same night then it's majorly screwed up. Did the OP post this? No and that's why I came into this thread. Thankfully the 335 owner joined the thread to let everyone know the truth.

I'm all about transparency here. Ive posted all my mods and dyno's and try to help others as to what things work well and what things don't. And this thread was anything but transparent. Plus the OP seems completely dilusional so setting the record straight by calling this out as BS was the right thing to do for the community. Assuming the same tranny, a Gintani Stg 2 with no cats is probably on par with the ESS 625 with no cats. A Gintani Stg 2 with meth + no cats is probably a little quicker and would assume it's on par with the ESS 650 no cats. But the OP thinking the Gintani Stg 2 no meth no cats is faster than an ESS 650 no cats (running normally) isn't right.

I signed up for Shift-S3ctor and looking at the list it looks like I'll be one of the lowest HP cars there! No matter as I'm looking forward to being the underdog by racing cars in the high 500's to mid 600's wheel HP range. I'll probably lose most but win some. I've shown that a blown DCT M3 at 3,700 lbs can rival cars that are lighter AND have the same or more HP. Anyway I see that there are some other SC M3's that have signed up as well so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out there and having a blast! I didn't see you signed up Josh but no worries as I'll see you at the track!
Your car made about the same as my VT625 did as well as many others, and you are right around the same psi based off the DJ logs. It appears they are not all created equal, this is hardly an anomaly, I had no trouble with 458's and Tuned Turbo S PDK's but some VT625's do.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #52
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
I was suppose to go this past sunday, my wheel bearing was totally shot on one side so I decided not to attend. The next date is September 22, I will be attending for sure. We are also trying to get some guys who may be interested in going for a test and tune day. Let me know if you know anyone in the GTA.
E92livin,

I will hit the strip with you guys. I've done over 100 passes in the S4 but zero in the new E92 M3 and itching to break her in. When it gets closer to the date please let me know what time you guys plan on heading down.

Saki,

If you make it down on the 22nd we'll do some runs and see if you'll keep your perfect record against the E92 M3 (stock anyway). If not we'll set something up on AZ.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #53
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Nobody has seen that race with the 335 and M3 which is why I had nothing to say about it. I will let the people who were actually involved in it such as the M3 owner to comment. I totally agree with you that a ESS 650 car should had performed much better than it did the day we raced. I am not trying to take a false victory here ... which is why the owner of the ESS car and I agreed to race again after he installs his meth kit. You have done a lot of comparos and such for the M3 community which I respect, I have been watching your runs before I bought my kit. We both bought different s/c's and I am just as curious as anyone else in this thread about how they compare against each other. At the end of the day I want to record a solid comparo run between the two kits for everyone to use. It is long over due and people are still curious such as myself.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #54
sakimano
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi RS4

Quote:
yeah dude for sure. I will bring a handful of Audis. RS4s, modified B8 S4s etc.

Test and Tune for sure. ALso consider Wednesday night as

a) it's cold which helps with density altitude
b) it's not as busy as the weekends
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #55
sakimano
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi RS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
E92livin,

I will hit the strip with you guys. I've done over 100 passes in the S4 but zero in the new E92 M3 and itching to break her in. When it gets closer to the date please let me know what time you guys plan on heading down.

Saki,

If you make it down on the 22nd we'll do some runs and see if you'll keep your perfect record against the E92 M3 (stock anyway). If not we'll set something up on AZ.

Sounds good. I need some videos of my RS4 beating a DCT E92 M3. Just have vids beating a manual E92 and DCT E93.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #56
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakimano
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
E92livin,

Saki,

Sounds good. I need some videos of my RS4 beating a DCT E92 M3. Just have vids beating a manual E92 and DCT E93.
Easyyyyyyy haha
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #57
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakimano View Post
Is your RS4 boosted?
Appreciate 0