BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

01-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

LOSING weight!!...any pros? please read

6 feet tall

current weight 234 pounds and losing fast...(never guess it)

Weight as of jan 1st-246 pounds

Current diet: 1500-1600 calories intake
cardio: 500 calories DAILY
Pills: 4 pills of lipo 6x daily 2 in morning and 2 30 mins before last meal.

My goal is 190-200 pounds by April 1st

Then from April 1st-june 1st the lifting and toning and getting cut begins. I know i can do it.

In highschool i was 185 pounds full athletic body, playing on the ball team. its time i look like that again..

This summer got a lot of trips and plans so gotto look good!

GOTTA LOSE THEM CALORIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Current diet intake:
breakfast
lean cereal cup and half- 180 calories
8 oz 1% milk-100 calories
orange/fruit-100 calories
20 oz water

10am break:
special k bar-90 calories
st8 coffe 5 oz- 0 calories

12am lunch:
2 chicekn peta sandwichs with saltfree turket- 300 calories
salad w fat free dressing-75 calories
fruit-100 calories
20 oz water-0 calories

3am break:
granola bar OR veggies:100 calories
st8 coffee 5 oz- 0 calories

Dinner:
6 oz chicken- 120 calories
brown rice-100 calories
salad-100 calories
20 oz of water

after workout:
protein shake: 120 calories..

Plz let me know....what you think of this?

I obviously switch it up and around and blah blah w tuna or chicken breast or such...
5 oz s
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
2 chicekn peta sandwichs with saltfree turket

thats too much i believe but i have a friend that is drinking some kind of tea and thats all he drinks right now for 2weeks i forgot what it is called but everything you have on there is good except for the 2 chicken peta sandwichs..

Oh yea Im 6'1 i weigh 185 and play soccer every sunday and go to the gym 2 times a week..

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
D1911
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 S2k

You're on the right track!!! Everything looks good.

You've actually written out your diet plan which is the biggest part of succeeding a goal.

Your diet looks good. You have a nice mix of carbs, proteins, and fats... plus you're eating at the right intervels. Make sure to eat a lot of green veggies (broccoli, celery, leafy stuff) and a variety of fruits (bananas, apples, pomegranate, cranberrys, kiwi, grapefruits)

Keep up your positive attitude.
Losing weight is hard... and you'll eventually start to plateau. That's when you know it's time to change your routine up a bit.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

i cant waitto plateau so i can start doing 700-750 calories a day of cardio lol

wen i say 2 sandwiches of chicken its w one piece of bread about 60 calories each....

and veggies i eat for dinner im sorry...

Also bro i heard 2 much fruit is bad what u recommend?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
marty_mcfly
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

damn i would kill to be that weight
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

whats plateau?

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #7
D1911
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 S2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
i cant waitto plateau so i can start doing 700-750 calories a day of cardio lol

wen i say 2 sandwiches of chicken its w one piece of bread about 60 calories each....

and veggies i eat for dinner im sorry...

Also bro i heard 2 much fruit is bad what u recommend?
Fruits have a lot of sugar but it's a natural sugar and not synthetic like in candy.

I guess it's possible to consume to many fruits but when I posted to eat more fruits i didn't necessarily mean eat all those i suggest in one sitting lol.

You could have a banana as a snack in the morning and eat another piece of fruit later in the afternoon ... there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
whats plateau?
Plateau is when you reach a state of steadiness... no change or progress.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Do you lift in addition to your cardio? Just wondering because if preserving muscle is anywhere near the top of your list then you are probably eating way too little, especially with a fat burner. I'm currently cutting to lose some BF (I'm currrently 170lbs at 13%bf), and I am cutting at 2100 cals per day (but I weigh 65lbs less than you though!!!). I would say to up your cals, and consider having a refeed every week or so where you can bump up your carb intake drastically and overall cals to around maintenance for the day (keep protein and fat relatively low for that day) to help trick your body and help raise your leptin levels. Do you have any idea what your BMR is (how many cals you need to maintain your current weight)? I would calculate that and then subtract 500 cals from that. Of course you can take this with a grain of salt as I am not a professional, but this is what works for me when I look to cut fat, but preserve as much lean mass as possible. Just think that after you drop the weight you don't want to be one of those skinny fat people who just looked to make the scale move at any cost.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #9
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife 335I 2008 View Post
2 chicekn peta sandwichs with saltfree turket

thats too much i believe but i have a friend that is drinking some kind of tea and thats all he drinks right now for 2weeks i forgot what it is called but everything you have on there is good except for the 2 chicken peta sandwichs..

Oh yea Im 6'1 i weigh 185 and play soccer every sunday and go to the gym 2 times a week..
Too much? Are you kidding? If 60-100 cals are from a pita then that would mean he is eating around 5oz of turkey. 300 cals for a meal is nothing, and also an all tea diet is probably not the best way to lose weight.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #10
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Your protein shake isn't 120 calories guaranteed.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 08:52 PM   #11
Heinzftw
Major
Rep

I dropped down to 200lbs from 250lbs. I did a 2 month creatine + whey protein cycle. I gained 40+lbs of muscle. Get dedicated to that shit or whey protein will literally fucking screw you. Don't mess with creatine until you drop all the weight you want. Then to get yoked you can start. Best of luck dude!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #12
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

You're starving yourself. I guarantee your body rejects 1500 calories daily, and you don't go anywhere. It's the classic eat less, exercise more recipe that never works. The people that lose weight long term actually EAT. You won't lose weight by being malnourished. No resistance training? Only cardio?

Why coffee? Not the best choice in my opinion because it create a massive stress response for hours in the body. Never will a good diet plan include a cup of coffee nor lipo 6. I'm in SoCal if you want professional dietary and fitness/wellness info.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
Your protein shake isn't 120 calories guaranteed.
If he isn't adding any carbs to it (which he should post workout) and he mixes it with water then 120 cals is right for one scoop for most whey protein brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damadama View Post
+10, probably 200 from the milk alone, those things usually have tons of sugar in them also. Not a bad thing to supplement but don't overdo it if you aren't lifting theres no point.
Not really... milk, yes, all of its carbs are sugar, but most whey proteins have 1 or 2g of sugar max unless you go with a brand that pushes the broscience of needing half a pound of malto or dextrose in their pwo blend. I'm assuming that he plans to mix it with water, but he should definitely add some carbs to his pwo shake/meal.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #14
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
You're starving yourself. I guarantee your body rejects 1500 calories daily, and you don't go anywhere. It's the classic eat less, exercise more recipe that never works. The people that lose weight long term actually EAT. You won't lose weight by being malnourished. No resistance training? Only cardio?

Why coffee? Not the best choice in my opinion because it create a massive stress response for hours in the body. Never will a good diet plan include a cup of coffee nor lipo 6. I'm in SoCal if you want professional dietary and fitness/wellness info.
i am not starving myself at all, if i was i would never do it. Clean food really doesnt have much calories. In the last year ive learned every fitness trainer always say different things and have learned to do whatever works for ME.

I did this 6 months ago and lost 25 pounds, and gained it back because my stupid ass starting drinking eating so wrong!! and not doin one ounce of cardio.

Also its pretty funny you say LIPO doesnt work. Ive done it and 3 of my friends and it worked for all of us....
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #15
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
i am not starving myself at all, if i was i would never do it. Clean food really doesnt have much calories. In the last year ive learned every fitness trainer always say different things and have learned to do whatever works for ME.

I did this 6 months ago and lost 25 pounds, and gained it back because my stupid ass starting drinking eating so wrong!! and not doin one ounce of cardio.

Also its pretty funny you say LIPO doesnt work. Ive done it and 3 of my friends and it worked for all of us....
If you're eating 1500 calories at 230+ lbs., you're definitely starving yourself. Your body will rebel.

Lipo 6 and caffeine are going to cause massive amounts of internal stress. You want your BODY to burn fat NOT lipo 6. What's going to happen when you stop taking lipo 6? Why not try cocaine? That helps with weight loss too.

A lot of "fitness trainers" are full of shit. I know; I work with them. Fitness trainers are often times clueless about diet. They are "certified" to design fitness programs not diets.

You're strategy isn't good in my opinion. My guess is you will have yo-yo weight gain, and your previous experience will repeat itself (lose weight, gain it back).
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2009, 03:20 AM   #16
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
whats plateau?
It means tapering out or bottoming out, kinda like where I'm at now. It's easy to lose weight when you first start off, but it gets harder later on.

Back in Sept. 1st 2008, I was 210 lbs at around 30% body fat. 5'10'' is my height for reference.

As of last Saturday, I'm 164 lbs at around 15% body fat. I used to melt off 3-4 lbs a week easily, until I hit the 170 mark. It became a lb a week, if that.

I don't keep count of calories like the OP. I just do the obvious..cut out alcohol, fast food, fried food. I think of it as a change of lifestyle, so it's not a diet for me. I still have ice cream or a piece of cake. Normal daily intake is around 1,500 calories. I also don't take supplement pills or shakes, just not comfortable with it.

I used to do Muay Thai until a recent injury to the instep of my left foot so I'm out of commission for a couple of months. I now go to the gym 6-7 days a week, 2 hours per session. I usually run 6 miles each session, that accounts for an hour, and the other hour includes lifting and shadow boxing.

I never starve myself as well.

As stated in another thread I made, I just want to get down to the low 10% body fat. I don't care about weight because now that I'm lifting, it may go up since muscle mass weighs more than fat.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2009, 03:27 AM   #17
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
A lot of "fitness trainers" are full of shit. I know; I work with them. Fitness trainers are often times clueless about diet. They are "certified" to design fitness programs not diets.
I agree. You don't even need a degree to be a fitness trainer, just be certified. When I first joined the gym, they were pushing hard for me to buy the package with personal trainer. I guess this is because I got the deal through Costco, and not through the actual gym so they weren't making much off it. I looked at the trainers...exactly what I thought. Guys in spandex shirts with love handles and beer belly, just big arms. Like I would pay $100 per session for those guys!

You need to go to a nutritionist for a proper diet consultation IMO.

I have a friend of mine who was relatively small...5'8'', always around 145 lbs. He wanted to bulk up so he started lifting like crazy and take protein drinks and stuff. He got up to be around 180 lbs within a couple of months. The dude was built, looks like smaller version of LL Cool J or 50 Cent, lol. He got injured at work and couldn't visit the gym for a while, and he lost all that muscle fast and went down to 145 lbs.

I have no idea on the supplement stuff so I can't say anything about it, just posting up what happened to my friend.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #18
ruxp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

you're not getting enough calories.. up your calorie intake to 1700, at least
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #19
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
If you're eating 1500 calories at 230+ lbs., you're definitely starving yourself. Your body will rebel.

Lipo 6 and caffeine are going to cause massive amounts of internal stress. You want your BODY to burn fat NOT lipo 6. What's going to happen when you stop taking lipo 6? Why not try cocaine? That helps with weight loss too.

You're strategy isn't good in my opinion. My guess is you will have yo-yo weight gain, and your previous experience will repeat itself (lose weight, gain it back).

... you need to up your cals, and realize that sometimes eating less is working against you.

Quote:
Anyone who drinks those protein powders in straight water is looney... that shit tastes awful
It really depends on the brand... I have a few that taste good in water, which is usually how I like to take them because I like to eat most of my calories.

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #20
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

refeeds.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 03:47 AM   #21
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your friend went from 145 to 180 in a couple of months? And it wasnt 80% fat gain? I call complete bullshit. Most people who know what they are doing and using tons of supplements aim for a maximum of like 1.5lbs of muscle gain per week. And these are people who wake up in middle of night to down protein shakes.
Personally that's what he said, I had nothing to gain by having him proof himself to me. He definitely gained muscle mass, but he still didn't look 180 lbs to me. This is again, his words.

Michael (BoostedBMW) - what do you think of eating fruits like watermelon and orange after working out. I usually work out at around 10-11PM for 2 hours, so it's early in the morning when I get home. I usually get a bit hungry so I eat up slices of watermelon, strawberry, and oranges. I go to sleep at around 3AM or so and wake up at 10-11AM, if that matters. (Yeah, my sleeping pattern is all weird now, lol).
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 04:34 PM   #22
Heinzftw
Major
Rep

Quote:
Anyone who drinks those protein powders in straight water is looney... that shit tastes awful
What the hell are you drinking?
Get a 24oz shaker container. Half scoop then add 12oz water then finish off with other half scoop. Shake vigorously and it's not bad at all.
Appreciate 0