BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

07-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #45
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Its very nice, but if i have that kind of cash....would spend it on something else maybe my own par 3 in the backyard
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #46
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Yea i figured u got it from stocks n shit, thats nice but too bad ull never learn what an honest days work feels like. Inheriting stocks, etc. isnt work, thats play. Working 40-50 hours in a 100 degree kitchen for an asshole boss that doesnt pay you near nuff..thats work.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #47
kaskade22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 f430. 2010 458 italia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Yea i figured u got it from stocks n shit, thats nice but too bad ull never learn what an honest days work feels like. Inheriting stocks, etc. isnt work, thats play. Working 40-50 hours in a 100 degree kitchen for an asshole boss that doesnt pay you near nuff..thats work.
My parents know absolutely nothing about investing, I'm the one who does all the research and puts in the time and effort to create profits. But I understand what you mean, however my father probably spends more time on a plane in a week travelling for business (which is not fun btw) then you work in a week. So it goes both ways.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #48
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Wellll i dont invest, but I do know that you need to be atleast 18 to invest in anything or control stocks...

So if ur 18 NOW, and supposedly accrued all this money from stocks, means u mustve been doin this for a number of years..that only points to either taking parents stocks or handmedowns, or bullshit
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 06:07 AM   #49
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaskade22 View Post
My parents know absolutely nothing about investing, I'm the one who does all the research and puts in the time and effort to create profits. But I understand what you mean, however my father probably spends more time on a plane in a week travelling for business (which is not fun btw) then you work in a week. So it goes both ways.

It's his hard work that bought the house you live in and the cars you posted and you are saying he knows nothing about proper investments...

Regardless of your stressing that it is you making the money I think others get it now. Finally.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #50
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
It's his hard work that bought the house you live in and the cars you posted and you are saying he knows nothing about proper investments...

Regardless of your stressing that it is you making the money I think others get it now. Finally.
+1... it's not the OP making the money... all of these niceties are his dads... not his.
I'm sure he inheriting quite a nice sum that he uses to invest...but not a dime actually came *from* him.

Thought the concept was decent till I realized that it wasn't the OP's cash....
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #51
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Where are the pics of all the others car's he's talking about, I can't see any in this post?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #52
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Oh, ok, so lucky spoiled kid. Got it! I kept wondering....
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #53
blueberryyumyum
Spoolin Up
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

now this is how its done
      07-17-2010, 02:11 AM   #54
Cloud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 2009 E92 6MT

Don't really get the logic? Jealousy? The kid's fortunate and born in a wealthy family. He didn't get to pick his parents. Be realistic guys, if god let u pick which family to be born into, would you choose to be born in a poor family?

Why does everyone insist that he must go through hard labor and earn his own money? Based on similar logic, I guess every scientist should start from scratch and not use knowledge from previous generations. That won't get you far.

If one generation of hardwork won't make your family successful, then continue the work for as many generations as required. Eventually you'll get there. Keep rolling the snowball and it'll get bigger. Of course, rolling it takes effort but when its big enough, just appreciate it. It's up to you whether you want to further expand what you have at that point.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 02:56 AM   #55
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Because those of us who make our way through life by working hard doing what we love, can realize the benefits and end results in ourselves, as opposed to just being handed everything and becoming weak in personality and not growing into the ability to self sustain and actually "grow up"

Sure id love to have a family with 8 cars and 10 garages and be 26 and never worked a hard day of my life and always given what i wanted, blah blah blah. But I know for a FACT I wouldnt be who I am today if that was the case. Id prob be a 500lb mindless idiot, parading his inherited shit around to whoever he can find to make himself feel important.

No thanks, ill take semi-poor and happy over that any day
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 03:17 AM   #56
Cloud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 2009 E92 6MT

Well, a well educated child in a wealthy family will not display spoiled behaviors and I believe will be not any less successful given the head start of having capital to begin with. He also has to work hard too when family business is passed down otherwise I doubt the company will survive and he'll be in trouble by then.

Just my thoughts. No more input on this. Sorry for thread jacking OP.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 04:20 AM   #57
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Less talking and more pictures of your mansion and all that other shit.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 06:54 AM   #58
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Don't really get the logic? Jealousy? The kid's fortunate and born in a wealthy family. He didn't get to pick his parents. Be realistic guys, if god let u pick which family to be born into, would you choose to be born in a poor family?

Why does everyone insist that he must go through hard labor and earn his own money? Based on similar logic, I guess every scientist should start from scratch and not use knowledge from previous generations. That won't get you far.

If one generation of hardwork won't make your family successful, then continue the work for as many generations as required. Eventually you'll get there. Keep rolling the snowball and it'll get bigger. Of course, rolling it takes effort but when its big enough, just appreciate it. It's up to you whether you want to further expand what you have at that point.
The logic stick needs to be pointed at him. He joins a BMW forum, BMW on order..., and posts all the material items and allows some viewers to stay in a position to assume they are his. Not until some direct questions come in does he begin to disclose the truth.

"Don't make me show you my FCNA card" ??? It's not even his Ferrari nor or any of the others but he still has not said that.

He read the "Your the man" "You are my hero" type posts and went with it, which is what he wanted and needed. Deny it all you want OP I don't think it matters anymore. Maybe try a Ferrari or Merc site and see how far it goes.

And to say his father is oblivious to investing is just in poor and, IMO, ungrateful taste. I could give a hoot if he has a solid gold tooth brush but don't try and BS people. 18 and has an attitude already when someone questions him. "Go f yourself" "Go f yourself"
Pure class yes?

It's one thing to have and be a gracious young gentleman then there is this...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #59
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Those who have and are humble about it are secure about themselves and their place in the world. Those who require constant attention are an unnecessary weight on the rest of humanity.

The OP seems to have proven that arrogance is of less value than humility and integrity by the responses he's been getting here. I'm surprised that he chose this route instead of simply being humble and honest. You know, like someone you might want to really be friends with and not just tolerate because they have money.

No man is an island. But this kid seems doomed to be alone.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #60
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Judgemental occupancy limit exceed.

Cool car wash!

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #61
328iguy
Rep
Drives: 328i

that's pretty awesome!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #62
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Those who have and are humble about it are secure about themselves and their place in the world. Those who require constant attention are an unnecessary weight on the rest of humanity.

The OP seems to have proven that arrogance is of less value than humility and integrity by the responses he's been getting here. I'm surprised that he chose this route instead of simply being humble and honest. You know, like someone you might want to really be friends with and not just tolerate because they have money.

No man is an island. But this kid seems doomed to be alone.
Well said - was thinking the same thing. This kid reminds of someone I went to school with...mine, mine, mine. Oh well, nice toys - I am sure his dad works hard for it.
Appreciate 0