BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

08-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #111
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Smooth, no wonder your team director of the Troll racing league.
you're one smart a$s. I have seen quite a large herd of posters come and go on M3post since I joined in 2007 (i was lieutenant general before I got involved in a little too much policing the forum...). Somehow I think you would much rather fit in a mustang or corvette forum than german cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #112
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
you're one smart a$s. I have seen quite a large herd of posters come and go on M3post since I joined in 2007 (i was lieutenant general before I got involved in a little too much policing the forum...). Somehow I think you would much rather fit in a mustang or corvette forum than german cars.
I kind of am. I learned it by watching team plutonium. I would like a z06 as a track car. I still outrank you don't talk back to your superiors. Are you friends with longwong or purple derple?

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 08-05-2013 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #113
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I kind of am. I learned it by watching team plutonium. I would like a z06 as a track car. I still outrank you don't talk back to your superiors. Are ytou friends with longwong or purple derple?
no, but they're probably good sidekicks to your clowning act.
I see seniority by joining date not counting how many snide comments or sarcastic remarks was made (applies well to you). It shows dedication in a way, but gets tiring to read quick.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #114
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Awesome performance figures, but I can't get past the styling (exterior and interior).

I really don't care much for GTRs, but an italian beauty will always get my head turned. Just like a Lambo or Ferrari will
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #115
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR

Quote:
Great input. Glad you are in good hands and getting plenty of that good southern hospitality at your dealership. However I doubt this is typical. Long ago I owned a nissan in Texas and I shiver at the thinking of leaving a GT-R with them. I don't think there is written rule that only the service manager is allowed to drive a GT-R. Two dedicated GT-R people in the whole dealership is thin. If they're getting sentra's and frontier trucks all week long and a GT-R shows up on late friday afternoon, good luck. Habits are hard to beat.

Second, you cannot really judge their positioning on warranty until say you have a broken transmission. Meanwhile count on them to take note that you've modded your car.
i run a shep stage 3+ transmission with a full PPG gearset. I dont think my transmission warranty matters at this point
8.97@164 - 206.99 half mile - 1401whp 1095tq Road Race Prepped Monster Killed on Hellbender 28
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #116
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
Aren't Japanese-spec cars limited to 120mph or something like that, with crazy short gearing?

So the Veyron should pass this thing in the higher end...
I don't know japenese specs, but in this case, the GTR is definitely not limited by gearing. It may have an electronic limiter but that can be removed.

But still with that being said, the Veryon will still pass this car at higher speeds.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #117
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
This thread is full of LOL's with Team Plutonium and 1MOREMOD. I just need Mdosu to join the party
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #118
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Some more thoughts:

1. If you have driven a modern Porsche for any length of time, you will realize this fact: They are simply in a league above BMW, Mercedes, and Audi in terms of overall execution. New, however, they are a poor value. You have to pay a lot more to get just a little more than the comprable BMW, Audi, Mercedes offerings.

2. Nobody questions the GTR's performance at all. It is criticized for it's styling and lack of refinement. That is all. At this price point, in this day and age, you expect some degree of artistry to the design as well as more thought into the subjective feel of the driving experience. Give me a GTR and $50k to do cosmetic interior and exterior mods, and to make it a better sounding beast overall, and I will take it. Of course, then I could just get a 991 turbo S and have it all properly done from the factory.

3. From a value standpoint, the M3 is virtually unbeatable. Nothing else gives you so much in overall execution at it's price point.
      08-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #119
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
no, but they're probably good sidekicks to your clowning act.
I see seniority by joining date not counting how many snide comments or sarcastic remarks was made (applies well to you). It shows dedication in a way, but gets tiring to read quick.
what i post is funny and what you post is just dumb.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #120
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
I'm so happy that I started this thread...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #121
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsal View Post
yeah good work!

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #122
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep

WTF moment:

In this thread, I sense anger I do.

GODZILLA

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #123
s65e90
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90

Quote:

ehhh
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #124
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s65e90 View Post
ehhh
Okay I quit!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #125
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
well it's not bad that it look 7 pages befroe it blew up. If I got involved, it would have blown up on page 1. So I think you got some value added discussions, no?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #126
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
well it's not bad that it look 7 pages befroe it blew up. If I got involved, it would have blown up on page 1. So I think you got some value added discussions, no?
Valid point!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #127
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Red GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Maybe you misunderstood. I like the GTR but the owners are always dicks and act like they are so much better and now it's going to be worse with a bunch of guys who can't drive them being even more annoying then usual.
Nice generalization.

<-GTR owner who isn't a dick.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #128
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaforever View Post
Nice generalization.

<-GTR owner who isn't a dick.
I don't like generalizations either..

Wasn't there just a thread about calling M3 owners this as well? I believe it is more of a society issue as you will find many on all forums and all locales regardless of class.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #129
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
Quote:
Ahh yes, you came late I'm afraid
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #130
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
i run a shep stage 3+ transmission with a full PPG gearset. I dont think my transmission warranty matters at this point
That is a well thought upgrade Let you enjoy the car guilt free and to the limit. Do you indulge a lot in launch starts ? Have you seen that interview video (all in Japanese) where the Nissan master engineer explained that the launch start was only meant to unstuck the car if it gets stuck in the snow. That car is awesome for snow driving by the way (except the clearance).
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #131
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Au Contraire mon amie. Porsche 911 is as good of a daily driver as an M3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
The 911 is a perfect daily driver if you don't need a large trunk or usable rear seats.
Mechanically and functionally it is probably compatible with most people definition of a DD. But have you read about the guy who sold an R8 V10 to get an M3 (I know the R8 is not much of a DD) but being followed and having a group of people around your car asking your life story everytime can be too much. Maybe a Porsche is just a little less conspicuous (but not a GT3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Some more thoughts:

2. Nobody questions the GTR's performance at all. It is criticized for it's styling and lack of refinement. That is all. At this price point, in this day and age, you expect some degree of artistry to the design as well as more thought into the subjective feel of the driving experience. Give me a GTR and $50k to do cosmetic interior and exterior mods, and to make it a better sounding beast overall, and I will take it. Of course, then I could just get a 991 turbo S and have it all properly done from the factory.
Agreed 100% and well phrased.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #132
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Smooth, no wonder your team director of the Troll racing league.
Quote:
I kind of am. I learned it by watching team plutonium. I would like a z06 as a track car. I still outrank you don't talk back to your superiors. Are you friends with longwong or purple derple?
Quote:
Like most of your posts, snide remarks often on the verge of vulgarity.
And BTW You've contributed absolutely nothing to this thread except tr*sh talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
You do realize that you are the troll here, right? Unprovoked you stepped outside the GT-R argument, and made a comment about how Porsches are overpriced, etc... purely because we are disagreeing about the GT-R, was that the capstone of your argument?
Absolutely not, you started things off as I was commenting on the GT-R I had briefly quoted a few other people not represented in the thread. You started with an unprovoked insult and put someone else's quoted words into my mouth then called me liar. I kept my cool, gave a direct link to the source.

Secondly, This is a M3 vs... section of the forum. Given that you got rid of your M3 and have moved to a porsche (which are obviously great cars) it occured to me reading your eager positioning on the GT-R side that you might be trying to self justify your move away from an M3. I think it was a valid poke on my part to test you on that. I think you got that right first bouncing the ball back at me for buying a new M3 instead of a 2010 GT-R. I have absolutely zero doubt on my choice. If anything was childish it was your first insult.
Appreciate 0