BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

12-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
masamune
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Lease return questions

I need new tires on the rear and was thinking of putting on 275/35's that are all-season. Will BMW make a stink about it on lease return since they aren't 265/35 and summer tires? Will they even care at all? The things I've read about tires have been mixed with no clear answer.

Secondly, I'd like to put on an exhaust. Not sure what exactly yet, but I like the Eisenmann. Obviously this would need to come off again before lease return. I am not too savvy in the whole process of installing and removing an exhaust so bear with me. But would it just be a matter of re-welding back the old exhaust with connecting pipes? I've read about others that are bolt on - is there no welding involved in those?

Thanks!
      12-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
etrillion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Some might care about the tires, some don't... I returned my MB with a crack bumper and they didn't care. My dealership now is telling me I have to return the M3 with the same tires, but we'll see what happens when/if I return it.

Just keep the summer tires in the garage and re-mount them right before you return it.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

BMW doesn't care about the tires so long as you put the same type back on, and the tread depth is where it's supposed to be. Since the M3's don't have run flats the most common problem isn't a concern.

The dealerships say that because your lease return most likely will end up a CPO, and which if the tires are not proper spec the car will have to sell as it sits or tires need to be replaced to meet CPO standards.

The only time I've seen issue is if someone returns a vehicle with regular tires when the run flats were the original spec.
Appreciate 0