BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

02-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Money2536
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 | 992 GT3 Touring

Orlando Eisenmann or Vanguard Owners

I just ordered my e92. I'm leaning toward Eisenmann race as M3 won't be my daily driver. I like the idea of how light the Vanguard exhaust is, but think it may sound a bit raspy. Is there anyone in Orlando with either of these exhausts that may give me a quick ride around the block. I've heard all of the videos, but I can't seem to make up my mind.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

I guess that I'm going to have to buy one of them and be the local resource.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
M3Gator
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536 View Post
I guess that I'm going to have to buy one of them and be the local resource.
Sorry Money2536, mine is stock. There aren't many of us in Orlando. I have an '09 and up until about a year ago, I only saw the same 4-5 e92 M3s in Orlando. And very few people on this forum from here. Lately, I've seen a few more. My buddy at Field's says they sell quite a few, but I don't see them. Who did you order your car from at Fields? Good luck and enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #4
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
I like the idea of how light the Vanguard exhaust is, but think it may sound a bit raspy.
Dude it's an M3; Raspy is a tradition!!

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Gator View Post
Sorry Money2536, mine is stock. There aren't many of us in Orlando. I have an '09 and up until about a year ago, I only saw the same 4-5 e92 M3s in Orlando. And very few people on this forum from here. Lately, I've seen a few more. My buddy at Field's says they sell quite a few, but I don't see them. Who did you order your car from at Fields? Good luck and enjoy.
I scheduled a test drive at Fields in late '09 to test drive a Manual M3 and 335i as I was interested in possibly conceding the M3 and getting a 335is when it came out. I get there after confirming twice that they had a manual in both to drive; and when I arrive, they tell me they don't have any manuals to drive. Then the CA proceeds to start telling me I didn't want a manual and that the sport auto in the 335 was the way to go. I explained that wasn't want I was looking for, but he wasn't backing down. I then decided to test drive the auto anyway, and the 15 year BMW "expert" starts telling about the SMG transmission in the current M3. BMW as 6 models. How can you sell a product and not know every single detail about each one of the cars they sell?

I also stopped by the one in Lakeland a few months after that to see if they had a MT. I'm a younger looking 30 year old guy. They had a used '08 e92 MT. I asked to drive it. It was drizzling, and the guy blew me off saying they don't test drive cars in the rain. I handed him my business card and politely to call me if he ever wants to sell a car. I wasn't ready to buy that day, but obviously I did. He called me back as I was walking away, and I said that's okay and left.

Needless to say I didn't buy from them. Believe me I tried. I ordered from David Aviles from Eurocarsonline.com. He is an enthusiast and was fantastic to work with. I have a soft spot for supporting local businesses, but I just can't take laziness or lack of effort. The few that I had spoken to a Fields were very weak. I hope the guys at Fields troll the forums to fix their issues.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

By the way, I'm going to order the Vanguard as soon as I sell the APR exhaust for the S4 that I canceled.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
M3Gator
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
I scheduled a test drive at Fields in late '09 to test drive a Manual M3 and 335i as I was interested in possibly conceding the M3 and getting a 335is when it came out. I get there after confirming twice that they had a manual in both to drive; and when I arrive, they tell me they don't have any manuals to drive. Then the CA proceeds to start telling me I didn't want a manual and that the sport auto in the 335 was the way to go. I explained that wasn't want I was looking for, but he wasn't backing down. I then decided to test drive the auto anyway, and the 15 year BMW "expert" starts telling about the SMG transmission in the current M3. BMW as 6 models. How can you sell a product and not know every single detail about each one of the cars they sell?

I also stopped by the one in Lakeland a few months after that to see if they had a MT. I'm a younger looking 30 year old guy. They had a used '08 e92 MT. I asked to drive it. It was drizzling, and the guy blew me off saying they don't test drive cars in the rain. I handed him my business card and politely to call me if he ever wants to sell a car. I wasn't ready to buy that day, but obviously I did. He called me back as I was walking away, and I said that's okay and left.

Needless to say I didn't buy from them. Believe me I tried. I ordered from David Aviles from Eurocarsonline.com. He is an enthusiast and was fantastic to work with. I have a soft spot for supporting local businesses, but I just can't take laziness or lack of effort. The few that I had spoken to a Fields were very weak. I hope the guys at Fields troll the forums to fix their issues.
That sucks. I will definitely let my buddy at Field's know about their screw up. I always understand when I'm shopping for a new car that I know far more about the car than any salesman. But, it is frustrating when they know so little about the cars they are selling. When you get your beast, you should bring it out to the monthly Cars and Cafe at Route 46 in Sanford. It's the last Saturday morning of every month. Lots of sports/exotics. Hosted by Orlando Automotive Club. I've only seen one other e9x out there, but usually some e46s show up.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Gator View Post
That sucks. I will definitely let my buddy at Field's know about their screw up. I always understand when I'm shopping for a new car that I know far more about the car than any salesman. But, it is frustrating when they know so little about the cars they are selling. When you get your beast, you should bring it out to the monthly Cars and Cafe at Route 46 in Sanford. It's the last Saturday morning of every month. Lots of sports/exotics. Hosted by Orlando Automotive Club. I've only seen one other e9x out there, but usually some e46s show up.
Yeah, I've heard about that meet. I'll have to show up when I get it.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #9
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Just ordered Vanguard Ti Exhaust from Eric @ PYSpeed for $2,500. I'm pumped!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #10
wdd1040
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3

How do you like the Vanguard Ti Exhaust?

I'm local and haven't really found too many other local Orlando guys. I know there is an AW e92 in the Rollins area with AA exhaust, but other than that they're all stock that I've seen.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #11
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdobry View Post
How do you like the Vanguard Ti Exhaust?

I'm local and haven't really found too many other local Orlando guys. I know there is an AW e92 in the Rollins area with AA exhaust, but other than that they're all stock that I've seen.
It's exactly what I wanted, super light and loud enough. I highly recommend it. I'm glad I didn't go Eisenmann Race. I'd imagine it would be entirely too loud. Are you in the market for an exhaust? I'd be happy to meet up if you wanted to hear/see it.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #12
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G80 M3 Comp

Sorry to hear about your experience man! I went to Braman BMW with my best friend both of us looking for M3's and our salesman didn't even know what a DCT transmission was or what it stood for lmao. My friend ended up bursting out at him asking him how he could sell a car that he knows nothing of.

In the end we went to South Motors BMW

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0