BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust

03-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #573
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 6MT

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
Bought the ACM test pipe/BPM stage 2 bundle, been testing car out for past day and a half.
I noticed an instant power gain, pretty substantial actually car really pulls now. Then tune seemed to really smooth the engine out for lack of better term, 1st is wayyy less jerky when easing clutch out. Seem to have less lulls in the powerband as well.

I like the changes in the stearing feel as well as the changed throttle response, overall the car is more responsive/powerful and overall just a better ride.
If you want the best bang for your buck by far get yourself a bpm tune with test pipes you wont regret it for one second.

4.4L LC stroker/ESS VT2-625/Volk te37 sl's/AA exhaust/DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft/ARH Headers.. etc
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #574
Superfly_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
Talking of customer service, I recently did a dyno run with the BPM Stage II and test pipes and was losing power from 7200 rpm because it was running too rich. Just asked Mike about this and with his replied arrived a new tune correcting the problem.

I didn't ask for a fix ... it could have been a problem with the car but the gentleman he is and keeping up with his excellent customer service, he was proactive in addressing what he thought was an issue.

Mike, sorry to park this here but people need to know the kind of service you offer. Thank you!
I vouch for the above mentioned quality and professionalism of Mike's service.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #575
AcExSpades
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: 11 MW E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 Subaru WRX STi  [0.00]
Well, I have to give a million thumbs up to Mike and BPM. With me being a very needy/picky customer Mike had to retune 2 different times for my needs and without any extra charge! The changes weren't made because of issues with the tune it was because of me adding/removing features.

I couldn't be more thankful and I can't wait for the new features to arrive. I'm glad I was swayed to BPM as opposed to the other guys.

Thanks again Mike!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #576
ki_daniel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White F80 Comp

any dyno charts?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #577
JJM335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I have been on the fence about getting a tune for a few years, but now that my M3 is out of warranty, it was time. I echo all of the good things so many people have said about Mike. As for the tune, it is everything I hopped it to be. The first word that comes to mind is better...everything is just better. Throttle response, steering feel, power and even the sound are all noticeably better but not overwhelming. It baffles me why BMW cannot do this from the factory. Maybe they should just hire Mike.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #578
rickyboycz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E70 X5 35D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki_daniel View Post
any dyno charts?
Look on the first page and there's a link with more information on the tune.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 07:14 AM   #579
ki_daniel
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboycz View Post
Look on the first page and there's a link with more information on the tune.
They are all just reviews with butt dynos

No actual numbers I saw. I'm really interested in this tune but I'd like to see actual results instead of just "feels quicker" because the tune just made the throttle more sensitive
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 10:29 AM   #580
M3Pedal
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Just as a quick teaser - before we officially release the information:

1) Euro MDM Activation + Battery Reset Capability + Further Stealth from Software Flashing in upcoming software release. Ability to clear airbag lights and faults in other modules.
2) New Cables - Differences will be discussed on release
3) Custom Cold start Changes
4) Crackle/Burble etc.. that people have been asking about
5) Motorsport DCT software release
6) Custom Traction Control Modifications (amount of intervention / type and form of reduction)
7) Extended Protection for hot oil, coolant, and transmission oil temps
8) Valet/Transport mode with the press of a button
9) Selective ignition reduction in cylinders / optimized knock control

This is just the tip of the iceberg. We will release more information on this when load calms down. I can assure everyone that these things will be well worth the wait and will surpass any other offerings out there.

Also looking forward to releasing the 2014 F10 M5 Stage II Dynos.

These are just bullet points of something that will be much larger. I will hold off on mentioning a few other things until the above is officially released. Previous customers will be entitled to a number of these benefits, and this will be detailed in our release.
Any update on this release?
      03-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #581
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Pedal View Post
Once we finish our current work on our website launch, these things are next in the pipeline. Thanks for the interest!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #582
nicebraces
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E93 M3/'14 Cayenne Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Pedal
Quote:

1) Euro MDM Activation + Battery Reset Capability + Further Stealth from Software Flashing in upcoming software release. Ability to clear airbag lights and faults in other modules.
6) Custom Traction Control Modifications (amount of intervention / type and form of reduction)
9) Selective ignition reduction in cylinders / optimized knock control

This is just the tip of the iceberg. We will release more information on this when load calms down. I can assure everyone that these things will be well worth the wait and will surpass any other offerings out there.

These are just bullet points of something that will be much larger. I will hold off on mentioning a few other things until the above is officially released. Previous customers will be entitled to a number of these benefits, and this will be detailed in our release.
^ +1
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #583
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
They are all just reviews with butt dynos

No actual numbers I saw. I'm really interested in this tune but I'd like to see actual results instead of just "feels quicker" because the tune just made the throttle more sensitive
The tune actually does not change the throttle response maps, unless the customer requests that. If you search, you'll find dynos:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748613

Second dyno is stage I
Attached Images

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #584
ki_daniel
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The tune actually does not change the throttle response maps, unless the customer requests that. If you search, you'll find dynos:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748613

Second dyno is stage I

thanks for the reply Mike

I did see this thread but I noticed it was mainly your car and on a dynapack

I'm curious as to how the same tune would perform on other cars on a dynojet as there would be some differences in results.

By no means am I trying to bash your product as I am VERY interested in it.
I just want to research all my options before purchasing.

I would be glad to be one of the first people in line to purchase this new tune you have in store and then get it dyno'd for the members on here as well.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 02:45 AM   #585
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
thanks for the reply Mike

I did see this thread but I noticed it was mainly your car and on a dynapack

I'm curious as to how the same tune would perform on other cars on a dynojet as there would be some differences in results.

By no means am I trying to bash your product as I am VERY interested in it.
I just want to research all my options before purchasing.

I would be glad to be one of the first people in line to purchase this new tune you have in store and then get it dyno'd for the members on here as well.

The other charts posted were not my vehicle, and one chart was a dyno jet, and the other a dyno dynamics.

The E60 M5's pick up even more: http://bpmsport.com/M5Dyno.pdf

There is no doubt that the Stage I and Stage II software adds power and torque. There are many things that can be done to try and force power to be mode. At the end of the day, squeezing every last horsepower out has negative consequences. From daily drivers to dedicated track cars, our software is up to the task and will add as much power as the car can safely make. We don't dumb down any factory safeguards. We focus on drive-ability, smoothness, reliability, and features.

There are plenty of videos of stock vehicles vs BPM tuned cars that show results in the real world rather than numbers on a paper. Chasing numbers is not realistic. How the car performs when you drive it is the most important aspect.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #586
ki_daniel
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The other charts posted were not my vehicle, and one chart was a dyno jet, and the other a dyno dynamics.

The E60 M5's pick up even more: http://bpmsport.com/M5Dyno.pdf

There is no doubt that the Stage I and Stage II software adds power and torque. There are many things that can be done to try and force power to be mode. At the end of the day, squeezing every last horsepower out has negative consequences. From daily drivers to dedicated track cars, our software is up to the task and will add as much power as the car can safely make. We don't dumb down any factory safeguards. We focus on drive-ability, smoothness, reliability, and features.

There are plenty of videos of stock vehicles vs BPM tuned cars that show results in the real world rather than numbers on a paper. Chasing numbers is not realistic. How the car performs when you drive it is the most important aspect.
My mistake on the other charts.

I am a fan of your product so please excuse my post as I misread info.

Keep us updated on the new tune, as I will be more than happy to be a customer.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #587
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
My mistake on the other charts.

I am a fan of your product so please excuse my post as I misread info.

Keep us updated on the new tune, as I will be more than happy to be a customer.

You can't go wrong with the BPM tune because Mike-Benvo is the "best" and that's 4sure !
I was thinking and doubting for almost one year,and damn i regret that time, it's like losing time without the BPM tune !
And i can assure you it will put a "very" big smile on your face says the man even on the other side of the world !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 09:22 AM   #588
marcb910
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Sparkling Graphite sold

Got my Stage 2 Tune yesterday! The car pulls so much harder through the full RPM range, it no longer run out of breath up top or seems to fall on its face during lower RPM pulls. The car is really vicious with power delivery now. To top it all off customer service by Mike is the BEST, he really does treat you like a friend instead of just another customer. Review coming soon, id like to give the tune more adaption time.
Attached Images

Last edited by marcb910; 03-22-2014 at 07:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 02:55 AM   #589
ki_daniel
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

6) Custom Traction Control Modifications (amount of intervention / type and
9) Selective ignition reduction in cylinders / optimized knock controlform of reduction)

how will the button for Valet mode work? Will you need a nav screen or will there be another way to activate it?

looking forward for the release as I am sure many others are
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #590
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
how will the button for Valet mode work? Will you need a nav screen or will there be another way to activate it?

looking forward for the release as I am sure many others are
At first it will be a change in the software for the computer that lets you activate it on the fly with the press of a button, instead of flashing the car with a valet tune itself.

After that is completed we will work on ways of integrating it into the vehicle's controls.

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #591
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcb910 View Post
Got my Stage 2 Tune yesterday! The car pulls so much harder through the full RPM range, it no longer run out of breath up top or seems to fall on its face during lower RPM pulls. The car is really vicious with power delivery now. To top it all off customer service by Mike is the BEST, he really does treat you like a friend instead of just another customer. Review coming soon, id like to give the tune more adaption time.
Glad you're enjoying it Marcus! Let us know when you're ready to load the DCT software in

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 05:02 AM   #592
Tkiss
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: m3 e92 2010 DCT

What is VALET mode?
      03-25-2014, 07:48 AM   #593
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkiss View Post
What is VALET mode?
A mode to leave your car with confidence at Valet Parking.
They can not rev the engine high nor run at a high speed, just slow for valet.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #594
jagman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTek View Post
A mode to leave your car with confidence at Valet Parking.
They can not rev the engine high nor run at a high speed, just slow for valet.
Also good if you have a kid that might borrow it (allowed or not)!
Appreciate 0