BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

02-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

DYE & BMW Performance wheel

I should probably leave this one to the pro's. However, I'm going to ask anyway. Anyone ever dye their own bmw performance wheel stripe from yellow or blue to another color? IND will for $150 which I might do since the wheel cost over $600 new. Didn't know if any DIY's had done this before.

Thanks
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
Ken37.73
Private 1st Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jet Black

You know I've been struggling with the same dilemma as I'm not keen on the stripe. I've decided to fix a strip of black leather on with double sided tape and see how it goes. Leather is coming from a pair of gloves that my Mrs bought but they don't fit ! Plan to re-do it with glue if I'm happy. It would kill me to pay 150 quid to do the same thing.

PS - gotta love M3post. I thought I was special / a freak until just now !!
      02-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Are they dying or just having the stripe reupholstered?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken37.73
You know I've been struggling with the same dilemma as I'm not keen on the stripe. I've decided to fix a strip of black leather on with double sided tape and see how it goes. Leather is coming from a pair of gloves that my Mrs bought but they don't fit ! Plan to re-do it with glue if I'm happy. It would kill me to pay 150 quid to do the same thing.

PS - gotta love M3post. I thought I was special / a freak until just now !!
There are others... You're not alone lol
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH
Are they dying or just having the stripe reupholstered?
They dye it. You can buy the chemical kit for about 40-50 bucks for 8 oz just scared i'll mess up i guess
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
At least yellow is the easier of the two to dye another color.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Here is the the Leatherique website.

http://www.leatherique.com/oem-color-samples/bmw.html

Might email them and get their input. If its simple i'm going for it!

Last edited by Nati Beastcat; 02-14-2013 at 07:01 PM..
Appreciate 0