BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

01-11-2016, 02:23 PM   #23
svinfinity
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 JEREZ M3

Just wanted to confirm that the problem is water leaking through the taillight? How can i check on the amp? just remove the carpet on the left side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64 View Post
So ended up with a damaged amp and three blown speakers.

If this is happening to you, disconnect the battery as soon as possible and check the amp area for water. Remove the amp and dry the area. Once the amp dries out, if no permanent damage occurred, the amp will play normal.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 10:01 PM   #24
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by svinfinity
Just wanted to confirm that the problem is water leaking through the taillight? How can i check on the amp? just remove the carpet on the left side?

Quote:

If this is happening to you, disconnect the battery as soon as possible and check the amp area for water. Remove the amp and dry the area. Once the amp dries out, if no permanent damage occurred, the amp will play normal.
Yeah, just pop the panel in the trunk on the drivers side. Check under and around the amp.
      02-19-2016, 07:53 AM   #25
BGBF18
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Great thread, thanks. Just had this happen this morning.
      01-27-2020, 10:59 PM   #26
YasminTaaa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

help!!

Quote:
Had the stereo system looked at. Looks like water is the confirmed culprit. If you've had these symptoms before or you're just curious, I'd advice you to take a look at your amp area for water and/or this white residue (left side of the trunk). If you have residue, might want to hit your seals up with some kind of a sealant. Currently, my subwoofer under the driver's seat, right rear door speaker, and left rear deck speakers are the only ones that work. My right rear deck speaker is definitely blown and is pictured below. Still waiting to see if this is going to be covered under warranty. Initial assessment is that it won't be because water caused the damage. My point is that BMW didn't properly seal their car, so how is that my fault?
I found water underneath my amp and almost all my speakers are making a static sound. what would be my best course of action to fix this.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 10:55 AM   #27
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by YasminTaaa View Post
Quote:
Had the stereo system looked at. Looks like water is the confirmed culprit. If you've had these symptoms before or you're just curious, I'd advice you to take a look at your amp area for water and/or this white residue (left side of the trunk). If you have residue, might want to hit your seals up with some kind of a sealant. Currently, my subwoofer under the driver's seat, right rear door speaker, and left rear deck speakers are the only ones that work. My right rear deck speaker is definitely blown and is pictured below. Still waiting to see if this is going to be covered under warranty. Initial assessment is that it won't be because water caused the damage. My point is that BMW didn't properly seal their car, so how is that my fault?
I found water underneath my amp and almost all my speakers are making a static sound. what would be my best course of action to fix this.
I had to file a claim with my insurance company as a weather incident. Unless you can somehow prove the seal was sealed under warranty.
      04-21-2022, 09:40 AM   #28
rody1285
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:

Hello, I have a 2010 BMW M3 convertible and it sat in the rain over night. Next morning cracking and noise from the speaker even when the car was off. Amp was soaked and submerged. I sucked out all the water and bought a used amp off eBay but the speaker now crackles when I turn up the volume. The constant noise even when the car was off is gone.

Did the damaged amp damage the speakers? Please give me your thoughts. There is like 3-4 speakers that seem affected.
Appreciate 0