BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

EXXEL Distributions

01-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Find, reserving and pay for parking with BMW ParkNow

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Find, reserving and pay for parking with BMW ParkNow
COMMENTS
Name:  Parknow.jpg
Views: 2545
Size:  884.4 KB

With its premium ParkNow service, BMW i has devised an exceptionally customer-friendly and convenient solution to the problem of parking in urban centres – for drivers of all makes of car. ParkNow covers both on-street and off-street parking.

The all-encompassing approach optimises all key steps in the process. If the customer is interested in an off-street parking space, for example, it can be easily found, booked and paid for, all with ParkNow. The booking can be made either in advance from a PC or smartphone or, in the near future, even en route by means of the navigation system. The multistorey car parks in the ParkNow network can be filtered by price, distance or availability of services such as charging stations or car washes. Once the selection has been made in the navigation system, the driver is directed straight to the selected car park and an electronic ticket is generated that grants access to the reserved space. Tedious searching for a free parking space and the pollution caused in the process are therefore a thing of the past.

Added convenience right down to the finer details.
If parking on the street, there is no longer any need to hunt around for change, walk to the parking meter and carefully position the ticket in the car. All the customer has to do is enter the number of the parking zone in the ParkNow app or the navigation system and the parking process starts. The customer also receives notification before the parking time expires and can extend the parking time while away from the vehicle if necessary. Payment takes place automatically.

With ParkNow LongTerm, meanwhile, BMW i additionally offers the possibility of renting a long-term parking space with charging facilities close to home or the workplace.

Collaborations with car park operators are spurring on the international expansion of the network. ParkNow has real-time access to 4,200 multistorey car parks offering 5.6 million parking spaces in hundreds of cities across North America. In addition to this, there are 2.8 million on-street parking spaces in more than 200 cities in the USA alone.

01-06-2015, 03:11 PM   #2
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Ok, now we're cookin with gas here! :-). Not sure how seamless this would work, but if they implement this in ATL, I'd give it a shot.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #3
Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

This works on the street? I know there is something like that in Galveston, TX run by the city.
      01-06-2015, 03:56 PM   #4
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
That's quite useful
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 04:54 PM   #5
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Minus the garage thing, the city of Calgary already has this. I pay from my phone and will even get a message when my time is running low. No need to walk to the meter, I just add more time from my device.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 10:00 PM   #6
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix
Minus the garage thing, the city of Calgary already has this. I pay from my phone and will even get a message when my time is running low. No need to walk to the meter, I just add more time from my device.
Same in some places in Toronto
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0