BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

02-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #177
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WeissBlitz76 View Post
Also, and I am still reading and learning about all the GTR "lingo", but could you please tell me what exactly DBA means? I've seen the term quite often on gtrlife, but haven't quite figured it out yet...
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...g-the-dba-r35/
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #178
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Thanks!

I tried searching on just DBA, but it told me my search term was too short.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #179
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WeissBlitz76 View Post
Hi guys, I'm back, and well, Godzilla is SERIOUSLY on the brain now. I had only thought about him before, but now I'm obsessed. I have to have one. I know the answer to the next question that I have will likely generate a very seriously polarized response, but here goes anyway.

Do you all think that I would regret giving up my e92 M3 (2013, just a shade under 10k miles, still 2 yrs warranty and free maintenance remaining, last NA M, only V8 M3 ever, and all that good stuff in mind), if I sold it or traded it now, to get in a GT-R?

I have quoted you two guys above, because I really appreciated your responses, and I think you guys might have the most to be able to offer me, in terms of advice, condolences, or whatever.

I still have not driven one, and at the rate I am going, it looks like nobody is going to let me until I have signed paperwork. I did get a chance to finally sit in one on Saturday, and I did notice that the seatback wasn't as comfortable as my M's (and, apparently, isn't adjustable--like the Ms is), but the seat bottom was probably more comfortable. So I think I see what you mean, krzykk.

If I do get a GT-R, I hope I don't get bored with it as quickly as I have my M3 and my S5. Alas, I'm afraid I MIGHT be a serial car-changer...
I am one of those people who truly love the S65 v8 m3, and i hate most turbo engines out there. but the GTR for some reason i really grown to like. I like the exterior, interior, like how they are rare on the road in my area, i also think its cool what some tuning and exhuast work can do. the most important thing, i think a GTR sounds good. the f80 M3 on the other hand, sounds like shit. period.

with that said, I would ditch my e92 for a GTR any day. and thats just what i am probably going to do. looking to buy one at the end of winter. lots of great deals on GTRs right now since Nissan offers those discounts
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 06:40 PM   #180
MDREDev
Banned
Rep
Drives: Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
I am one of those people who truly love the S65 v8 m3, and i hate most turbo engines out there. but the GTR for some reason i really grown to like. I like the exterior, interior, like how they are rare on the road in my area, i also think its cool what some tuning and exhuast work can do. the most important thing, i think a GTR sounds good. the f80 M3 on the other hand, sounds like shit. period.

with that said, I would ditch my e92 for a GTR any day. and thats just what i am probably going to do. looking to buy one at the end of winter. lots of great deals on GTRs right now since Nissan offers those discounts
Will you please promise to leave this forum when you get the GTR? Your constant bitching, pissing and moaning about everything F80 is really tiresome. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 08:32 PM   #181
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Had a GTR and a E92 at the same time. If you can keep both, do it.

If you can only keep one - GTR. It's a great car and worth experiencing. You won't get what it's really like in a short trip, short drive or short flog.

Only knock on the car is the upkeep costs. It may be a $90-100K for the performance of $250K supercars but the upkeep costs are are a little WTF. Luckily the aftermarket s there so you can get better for marginally less.

The car needs some tweaking if you're gonna go at it hard (DCT Cooler, Brake Ducts).

If you're going to get one, definitely get the DBA the car's improvements are much better.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 11:00 PM   #182
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDREDev View Post
Will you please promise to leave this forum when you get the GTR? Your constant bitching, pissing and moaning about everything F80 is really tiresome. Thanks
nothing is 100% on me getting a GTR, i am simply looking into them right now. but usually when i get a different car i tend to only be active on that forum of the car i drive.

This is the E90 section. I think its fair to find some dislike for the F80 here. Its not like i am over in the F80 section posting crap over there.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 06:20 AM   #183
MDREDev
Banned
Rep
Drives: Gremlin

Quote:
nothing is 100% on me getting a GTR, i am simply looking into them right now. but usually when i get a different car i tend to only be active on that forum of the car i drive.

This is the E90 section. I think its fair to find some dislike for the F80 here. Its not like i am over in the F80 section posting crap over there.
I kinda figured that after you failed to purchase the Vette you said you were going to.

You may be posting in the E9X section but all your posts are related to the F8X. Yeah, we get it. You don't like the sound of the F8XM. I think every fucking member of this forum knows that already. You're like a broken record.

Last edited by MDREDev; 02-17-2015 at 06:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #184
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDREDev View Post
I kinda figured that after you failed to purchase the Vette you said you were going to.

You may be posting in the E9X section but all your posts are related to the F8X. Yeah, we get it. You don't like the sound of the F8XM. I think every fucking member of this forum knows that already. You're like a broken record.
Just because someone says they are getting a new car, doesn't mean they are getting it tomorrow. I am waiting for winter to end. you like I don't drive a M3 or something. i am just some random person who says he is getting a nice car while driving a honda civic.... just not the case here.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 03:56 PM   #185
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:

I gotta agree.
I bought the M3 because of S65 high revving V8 engine. Although I am not a huge fan of turbo, GTR and 911 Turbo is one of the turbos I would consider buying.

Only thing is that I would NOT give up my E93 M3 for GTR. Either I will have E9x M3 only OR have GTR+M3.
      02-17-2015, 06:13 PM   #186
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
I gotta agree.
I bought the M3 because of S65 high revving V8 engine. Although I am not a huge fan of turbo, GTR and 911 Turbo is one of the turbos I would consider buying.

Only thing is that I would NOT give up my E93 M3 for GTR. Either I will have E9x M3 only OR have GTR+M3.
if i could, my E92 would stay with me forever. Its really one of the only cars i would love to hang on to.

For me though, i will probably be getting rid of my M3. but going to buy another one later in life though. the S65 is going to be something to talk about for years. while the GTR is a cool car, its just another twin turbo engine that everyone is making. although i still want one.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 11:26 PM   #187
BOOstJunkee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Turbo/335awd

Quote:
if i could, my E92 would stay with me forever. Its really one of the only cars i would love to hang on to.

For me though, i will probably be getting rid of my M3. but going to buy another one later in life though. the S65 is going to be something to talk about for years. while the GTR is a cool car, its just another twin turbo engine that everyone is making. although i still want one.
I'm not sure I would consider an engine that can make 2000hp, just another engine that everyone is making.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 12:03 AM   #188
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOstJunkee
Quote:

I'm not sure I would consider an engine that can make 2000hp, just another engine that everyone is making.
With everything going turbo I think we are going to see some huge builds coming.

The r35 engine is for sure one of the best turbo engines around. Although I think years from now people are going to look back at the GTR and say it was a Lamborghini killer. People will look back at the v8 m3, and think back to a N/A engine era where gas and emissions were less of a concern.

But like I said, I look forward to possibly owning a GTR in the near future.
Appreciate 0