BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

11-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
///Mfurious
Rep
Drives: 09' E92 ///M3

Color Choice Help

im having a struggle between colors....Interlagos Blue or Melborne Red.......i had interlagos blue on my e46 i loved it...and also im a huge blue fan...all my cars are blue....
i was lookn at the melborne red on ind''s aka eisenmann's website it looks really hot....plz help
      11-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
RCKe90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mfurious View Post
im having a struggle between colors....Interlagos Blue or Melborne Red.......i had interlagos blue on my e46 i loved it...and also im a huge blue fan...all my cars are blue....
i was lookn at the melborne red on ind''s aka eisenmann's website it looks really hot....plz help
Help you what?

You are the one who has to live with the color. Go look at them both in person and make a decision that fits your style and taste.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
///Mfurious
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKe90 View Post
Help you what?

You are the one who has to live with the color. Go look at them both in person and make a decision that fits your style and taste.
well an opinion....they arehot in person....im just ughhh, i can buy em both but then id have a few grand in my bank just to live in my house for a couple months lol
      11-17-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
M3-loverboy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan

You like blue....try Jerez Black.....a whole new spin on blue

Personally, I'm not a fan of red.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Melbourne Red is Hotness
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
you should get IB coz i like IB and i do not like red, and since im paying for your car, and im driving it, you should get the color that _I_ like. thxbai
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #7
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
MR

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

I'm a dark gray and medium silver guy. I almost pulled the trigger on Interlagos blue but chickened out at the last minute and got Jerez black, which appears black, blue and even purple in certain lights. I could not be happier with the color I ended up with for my sedan... but had I been painting a coupe it would have been Interlagos blue. I think the IB NEEDS the silver 19's though.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #9
CUD
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

MR with Bamboo Beige interior and carbon Fiber trim looks awesome.

Either way, it is your car and you need to love it !!!!!

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #10
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez/Fox Red E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
you should get IB coz i like IB and i do not like red, and since im paying for your car, and im driving it, you should get the color that _I_ like. thxbai
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #11
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Out of those 2, I say go with MR. Have you considered Space Gray? Check out eas's project car. I totally fall in love with that color after I saw that thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #12
DakarE36
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Dakar yellow '95 e36 m3

Quote:
i asked this same question when i joined the forum and, to be quite honest, noone can awnser this for you. It wasnt until i saw my dream m3 in person that i realized this. Its what makes your jaw drop, m3 or not, go for the car that makes you say.... damn, i can see myself in that.

For ME, its an AW e92 avec carbon fiber roof Extended Fox Red leather, Carbon Leather trim and all the options, but you have your own preferences so follow your heart.

Think of it this way, do you have to be told if your a tits or ass guy, i think everyman knows for himself. Whether he admits it or not.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 12:36 AM   #13
///Mfurious
Rep

dang......i need to see em in person...next to eachother....i like colors that show the IB and MR standout most from bmw m3 color chart its just there so dam sexy its hard to choose....boy i wish i was rich....but im not and im going to have to choose.....ugghhhhh....

if i were rich id take the JB an AW after u got the IB and MR.....the rest of the colors are justplain or least notice able to my opinion.....i hope they make pheonix yellow again i thought it was nice

BMW M3's most special colors.....IR,MR,IB,LSB,PY,DY but the best is Laguna seca blue,interlagos blue, imola red....those are for the slashes of the ///Mblem
      11-18-2008, 12:47 AM   #14
///Mfurious
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarE36 View Post
i asked this same question when i joined the forum and, to be quite honest, noone can awnser this for you. It wasnt until i saw my dream m3 in person that i realized this. Its what makes your jaw drop, m3 or not, go for the car that makes you say.... damn, i can see myself in that.

For ME, its an AW e92 avec carbon fiber roof Extended Fox Red leather, Carbon Leather trim and all the options, but you have your own preferences so follow your heart.

Think of it this way, do you have to be told if your a tits or ass guy, i think everyman knows for himself. Whether he admits it or not.
lol....TRUE.....i dont know what i am...i like asses butshes gotta have nice tits nice round c's oe d's.....nice and firm.... and a tight ass round and screwable....LMAO....im nuts or can say ///MNUTZ
      11-18-2008, 01:01 AM   #15
samM376'
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

I'm torn right now between Le Mans Silverstone and Space Grey right now
I've seen them all but they're all so different nobody could really decide for me

It's going to come down to the wire for you like everyone else, or you could just flip a coin. But out of those two I think the MR looks hot on the M3

http://chitownm.com
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 01:06 AM   #16
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
I was torn between Dakar Yellow, MR and Space Gray. Dakar is great but it is a love & hate thing and it is begging for attention and I am not.

MR, is a great color but the resale might be tough and the only BMW red I like is Imola..... I fell in love with Space Gray the min I saw it and could not get enough of it on my 335.....so I ordered the M3 in Space Gray. Go with what you really like.....in your case the IB
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 02:24 AM   #17
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
I was torn between Dakar Yellow, MR and Space Gray. Dakar is great but it is a love & hate thing and it is begging for attention and I am not.

MR, is a great color but the resale might be tough and the only BMW red I like is Imola..... I fell in love with Space Gray the min I saw it and could not get enough of it on my 335.....so I ordered the M3 in Space Gray. Go with what you really like.....in your case the IB
This whole thing is very subjective. I think Dakar is terrible. An E36 color that should have ended there.

To the OP, only you can decide. Just go to dealers and check them out. If you are honestly undecided, just flip a coin...if you are truly right in the middle, you'll be happy with either one.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 11:03 AM   #18
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
This whole thing is very subjective. I think Dakar is terrible. An E36 color that should have ended there.

To the OP, only you can decide. Just go to dealers and check them out. If you are honestly undecided, just flip a coin...if you are truly right in the middle, you'll be happy with either one.
I have to agree that indeed this is very subjective. One persons dream car will be someone else's nightmare combination.

Personally, I think that Dakar looked good on the e36 and only on the e36. Even then it took a long time for it to grow on me. Then BMW came out with their new yellow, Phoenix yellow and sorry to say, that looked more like to me (IMHO).

I'd say to go with a colour that will not attract too much attention, will give a hint of understated elegence, and will fetch the most in resale. IMHO both Space Grey and Interlagos Blue fit the bill.

Either way, you're getting yourself one heck of a car!

Cheers!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #19
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

If you're not concerned about speed, any color will do. Everyone (should) knows that Space Gray is the fastest.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #20
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Just curious, since you are getting an '09, why did you rule out Le Mans blue? It's probably worth looking at.

You can't go wrong with any of the three though.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #21
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
If you're not concerned about speed, any color will do. Everyone (should) knows that Space Gray is the fastest.
+1
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #22
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Both look great. I think the red would draw too much unwanted attention (you know, from those folks that like to measure your speed). Blue, less so. Other than that, I don't know what to say.