BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

03-14-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

help with tire pressure for NRing

I'm planning on going to Nring this friday (first time this season), and was wondering what tire pressure should I put in tires? I have stock 18's, with stock rubber. I don't want to kill my tires, so something optimal. Last time I was there, this guy with a gt3rs was helping me out, but I think he putted a bit too low (he had slicks, so he used the same ideology). I am planning on doing 2-3 laps, with 15 - 20 minute breaks in between (to let the brakes and tires cool off). I drive pretty fast, my first ring visit I did 8:30 from ring entrance, up to the final straight.

Also, on another note, the temperature around here have been around 50's(F) for past 2 weeks or so. Is this a safe temperature to go to the track? How cautious should I be? Ideally I know it'd be better to go later in the year, but I'm craving Nring! I PCS'ed here in september, and didn't get the car till october, so I was only able to go there once last season
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

anyone?
Appreciate 0