BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

07-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
jonr-
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

supersprint race help.

Hello! Is there anyone that bought and mounted the supersprint race for e92 M3 ?
(only the rear end).

I posted a link to a norwegian site that claim they have this for the e92 m3 for only 2000 dollars. (I really dont know if that is cheap, but the eisenmann is about double the price, and I think I know that thoose brands are almost the same regarding the price)

The reason why I post this thread is to clarify if this is "supersprint race exhaust for M3". Or is it a universal type?

On the link, just scroll all the way down. It is the two last items. (I have to buy both the left and the right.)

http://www.schmiedmann.no/3_serie/E9...e10.htm#paging

http://www.schmiedmann.no/3_serie/E9...e10.htm#paging
      07-04-2011, 02:42 AM   #2
ysv
Private
Russian Federation
Rep

I have ss race full system, and as appears to me, those a M3 spec only back section. My look the same.
      07-04-2011, 04:32 AM   #3
jonr-
Rep

thank you very much guys. Im looking forward to the exhaust. What can you tell me about the sound, ysv? What do people say about the ss race? (I think the back section would give alot lesser sound than all the way. Hopefully it will give enough
      07-04-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
ysv
Private
Russian Federation
Rep

At first i had only back section, the sound improved at that moment a lot. It is quite a great difference between only back section and full system. Start with back, then, if youd love it, continue with x-pipe and downpipes, the quality of the sound will be the same, but the volume, good luck!
      07-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
jonr-
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysv View Post
At first i had only back section, the sound improved at that moment a lot. It is quite a great difference between only back section and full system. Start with back, then, if youd love it, continue with x-pipe and downpipes, the quality of the sound will be the same, but the volume, good luck!
thank you very much! I loved to read your opinion. It made me finally decide 100%. Im going for the supersprint !

I dont like it " to much", but on the other hand I think the stock exhaust is a bit to silent. Hopefully the back section would give me smiley's all the way from 0-60

edit: do you have a soundclip of yours with just the back section ?