BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

12-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #23
noxredna
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 M3, 1M, F10 M5

The subpar wheels that I mentioned above were actually Forgestars.. You should pay extra attention if you intend to buy light cast wheels from a relatively new company. Had some trouble with the wheels for street driving..

Might be a okay for the track if it is well paved and you don't intend to mount the curbs aggressively.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #24
ACG San Diego
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
The subpar wheels that I mentioned above were actually Forgestars.. You should pay extra attention if you intend to buy light cast wheels from a relatively new company. Had some trouble with the wheels for street driving..

Might be a okay for the track if it is well paved and you don't intend to mount the curbs aggressively.
Forgestar is iForged. Far from new company. What was the problem with your wheels? "Sub-par" is not the best description when something is wrong with the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #25
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACG San Diego View Post
Forgestar is iForged. Far from new company. What was the problem with your wheels? "Sub-par" is not the best description when something is wrong with the wheel.
Interesting. I didn't know they were the same company. I had iForged Aeros on my last car an I thought they were good wheels but their customer service sucked so bad that I would never buy another iForged wheel again.