BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

09-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #23
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez/Fox Red E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIS4 View Post
I can only imagine what it will be like when I get my M3 in November. I already get the dirtiest looks when I pull up to a handicapped parking stall in my S4. I guess handicapped people can't have nice cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
You should be banned - 2 reasons why:

1st You drive an Audi and they suck and have no business on an M3 forum

2nd Your comment about handicap people is just so shallow it requires you being banned from not just this site, but from all car forums

Oh, I also think I hear Starbucks calling your name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstyle71 View Post
Umm what if he is handicapped??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoinksM3 View Post
That's how I read it too
yup me too
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 10:54 PM   #24
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

I've been getting the cupped-hands smudges too :mad:

Not many stares yet though...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #25
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Only people who know notice, and that is how I like it.

It does not really stand out in the sea of 3 series out there.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 11:48 PM   #26
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I get so many it's almost embarrassing.
+1

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #27
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoinksM3 View Post
Wow, I never thought about the pump-your-own states. That's a nice perspective for those of us with self serv. Probably fun for a while, but must be an annoyance over time.
Yah, it really sucks. I always get out and open the cover and cap myself. I've had to buff out the places where somebody with dirty, grimey hands have left their traces on the paint of the cover. Then I have to stand there and wait so they can stick the card in (like I'm not capable of doing that myself) and select the grade, (which I have to watch to make sure they get it right; sometimes they don't). At that point, the law says the consumer can finish it up themselves, which I do, without spilling gas all over the side of the car, and then I can put the cap on myself, which means I know it gets put on right. It's a pointless, stupid law that nobody seems to know why it exists.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 12:02 AM   #28
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
You should be banned - 2 reasons why:

1st You drive an Audi and they suck and have no business on an M3 forum

2nd Your comment about handicap people is just so shallow it requires you being banned from not just this site, but from all car forums

Oh, I also think I hear Starbucks calling your name.
1. M3 is on order and I'm selling the Audi.

2. I am handicapped. The entire left side of my pelvis was removed due to bone cancer.

3. I hate Starbucks.

Any other comments?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #29
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
I worked for a handicapped for years and he made a huge success with his mind and a statement as general as handicaps drive crappy cars is just shallow. Sorry, I'm chilled but that's just ignorant.
Well, that's the impression I get everytime I park in a stall. People look at me like I have no business being in a car like that or parking it in that stall. You might have worked for someone who is handicapped but you have no idea what it's like to be in that situation and have people stare at you because you're different. So I suggest next time you either read a little closer or keep quiet.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 02:19 AM   #30
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

60 year old East Indian fellow hitting his wife to tell her to look at the car as he did a complete 360 turn to follow the car as I drove past. My wife and I laughed for 5 minutes after that happened.
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 03:08 AM   #31
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 M-dct SG

Lots of stares and + 1 000 000 on the 'i dont want to be seen looking at that car, but will look when i think no one will see' thing.

yesterday whilst leaving work i have to drive out of the complex at about 5mph, there were about 10 people blantantly staring all the time as if i was naked and not driving a car. Ive got tints so it makes it a bit easier but what do you do? its difficult not to smile.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 03:29 AM   #32
Tosh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

I would much rather not get any publicity.

Some soulless individual dump some sort of soda/juice on the left side the other day. I wasn't there to witness the event but I picked it out right away.

The only positive comment I've gotten so far is from a white VW Jetta driving chick with black rims. She said, "Is that your BMW? (yes) Wow, sick car man."

I think my town is rather automotively ignorant. i.e. the bmw badge stands more for anything else... it could be a 118i, a 760Li or a standard 3 series. I get the same attention in my 3er as the M.

I think an Aston Martin would get less stares really... a V8 Vantage in a sensible color. The townsfolk may see the badge and think Chrysler.
      09-09-2008, 03:49 AM   #33
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep
Drives: g16M850;f30M550;f80M3-ED;e90M3

Funy that this was mentioned... I was on the 101 by Universal today heading to the valley in traffic. I notice this 200? Vette Bright Yellow with the top off on the frontage road next to me about 50 yards off. That guy rubber necked soo hard I though his head spun around. Then speeds up a touch and slows as I catch up to him (mind you Im on the freeway in LA traffic and he is on a frontage road) Again rubber neck... He does this 4-5 times before the frontage road rises up and away from the 101.

I laughed after the fear of him causing an accident went away...

Gotta love that...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 06:20 AM   #34
alpineweissM3
I love my beautiful wife!
Rep
Drives: e90 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
I get starred by a guy who has the same car same color as my ZHP in my hometown.
I am like, dude you have the same car!!
I would stare when I would see another alpine white 325i driving down the road. I looked because the car looked so damn good in motion...and I never got to see mine in motion!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 06:47 AM   #35
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:

2. I am handicapped. The entire left side of my pelvis was removed due to bone cancer.

3. I hate Starbucks.

Any other comments?
Quote:
Well, that's the impression I get everytime I park in a stall. People look at me like I have no business being in a car like that or parking it in that stall. You might have worked for someone who is handicapped but you have no idea what it's like to be in that situation and have people stare at you because you're different. So I suggest next time you either read a little closer or keep quiet.

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 06:49 AM   #36
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I got "WIFEOKD" on my plate. that gets more attention than the car. although it completely kills any chance of women actually coming up to me now. oh well, I'll just cry in my car.
Nice vanity plate!

Here in the Detroit Michigan area, I get more scowls in my M3 or even in the 335i than I get looks of approval. As you might imagine people are very partial to domestic brands around here. Of course living in a largely blue collar suburb with many people employed in the auto business does not help either.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 07:22 AM   #37
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

Quote:

3. I hate Starbucks.

Any other comments?
Congratulations on your M3 order! You will love it. Disregard insensitive remarks on this forum.
      09-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #38
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Nice vanity plate!

Here in the Detroit Michigan area, I get more scowls in my M3 or even in the 335i than I get looks of approval. As you might imagine people are very partial to domestic brands around here. Of course living in a largely blue collar suburb with many people employed in the auto business does not help either.
I just read that GM was losing money. They lose money on every car they sell. Tell your neighbors you are actually doing them a favor by buying a BMW. If you had bought a GM, they just would have lost more money.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #39
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez/Fox Red E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
Yah, it really sucks. I always get out and open the cover and cap myself. I've had to buff out the places where somebody with dirty, grimey hands have left their traces on the paint of the cover. Then I have to stand there and wait so they can stick the card in (like I'm not capable of doing that myself) and select the grade, (which I have to watch to make sure they get it right; sometimes they don't). At that point, the law says the consumer can finish it up themselves, which I do, without spilling gas all over the side of the car, and then I can put the cap on myself, which means I know it gets put on right. It's a pointless, stupid law that nobody seems to know why it exists.
WOW! That sucks! What a stupid law!
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #40
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
We have full service stations in NJ and I just get out and open the fuel filler door for them. Although, in the winter its mighty convenient
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #41
MacDaddy
Rep
Drives: e93 M3

At first, I thought the M3 would be so commonplace that most of the Europeans would igonore it, but on my ED it was funny to see just how much of an impact it made.

I was waiting in line to make a left-hand turn at a light in Bad Gastein. One young man made the turn from the opposite direction and stopped dead in the street. His window was rolled down and he was biting his knuckle so hard I could see white. He was trying to slap his friend on the shoulder to look at my car, but only succeeded in slapping his face each time he tried to turn to the driver's side. Would have made a good Three Stooges episode. I had the top down and just gave a smart salute and pulled on through the turn.

At another time, I had pulled into one of the many overlooks to take in one of the Alpine lake views (I'm ready to relocate). I had a burly guy riding in a Mercedes bop up and start the 360 Tango around my car. When I walked back, he started gesturing and talking the local lingo in what was my approximation of the "wanna trade cars" ritual. I only speak English and Bad English, so was only able to get across that while I appreciated his Mercedes I would stick with my ride. He upped the anty by grabbing his wife (girlfriend, mistress, concubine??) and seeming to throw her in to the trade. Before I could decline, she performed the Bavarian Bitch Slap across his face and then slinked to the front of the car and put her arms around me. I turned beet red and tried to retreat with as much dignity as possible. As I was leaving the overlook, I could see them arguing all the way back to their car.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #42
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 RS

Garage List
yup more stares than my 335i convertible ... was very surprised about that

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #43
synclastica_86
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F32 435i, E92 M3, S550

Garage List
what do you expect? It's an ///M. Or maybe it's just your "unique" looks.

Current: BMW F32 435iA M-Sports; BMW E92 M3, M-DCT; Mercedes W221 S550 4matic; Ford Fiesta ST; Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
Retired: BMW E93 323iA; BMW E85 Z4 3.0i, SMG; Lexus IS 250 AWD; Lexus GX 470; Mercedes W203 C230 Sportscoupe; Peugeot 206 S16; Peugeot 206 RC
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #44
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)

Well, I still have to explain to every non-BMW-enthusiast why this car is not like any other 3 series and that the my sticker of the Nurburgring Nordschleife is not a map of Alaska...
Appreciate 0