BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-06-2011, 12:04 AM   #155
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Casey Anthony Team Parties At Bar After Not Guilty Verdict (Video)

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28453358/detail.html

Guess the prosecutor was right about one thing! Back to partying!!!

Last edited by Optherion; 07-06-2011 at 12:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #156
iNinja
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330i

^^I don't see her at that bar?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #157
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNinja View Post
^^I don't see her at that bar?
Key word, "Team"

She still has to serve for the lying, she wasn't set free that moment like the movies.
      07-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #158
iNinja
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Key word, "Team"

She still has to serve for the lying, she wasn't set free that moment like the movies.
From what Optherion posted before he edited, I was under the impression he was referring to her.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #159
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNinja View Post
From what Optherion posted before he edited, I was under the impression he was referring to her.
Was referring to the defense team, but I see how it was misunderstood. She might not be guilty, but her child is still gone. Not sure if that truly calls for any celebration in my book.
      07-06-2011, 12:34 AM   #160
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
Was referring to the defense team, but I see how it was misunderstood. She might not be guilty, but her child is still gone. Not sure if that truly calls for any celebration in my book.
The partying is because Jose Baez just won the largest case next to the OJ Simpson case. To win something that big so early in your career is kind of a big deal. He really doesn't care about Caylee. IMO
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #161
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
The partying is because Jose Baez just won the largest case next to the OJ Simpson case. To win something that big so early in your career is kind of a big deal. He really doesn't care about Caylee. IMO
I agree, but that is the job. You dont ask questions you don't want to know, you do your job for the paycheck. There are a lot of lawyers that do this everyday just not as big media wise. He just won the case that set him for life, he will never have to accept a low paying case, or even a possible lost. He will choose easy cases that pay an ass ton, and be famous.

That is if he can live with himself after this, which I would assume he will be able to.

Bottom line, it isn't the lawyers job to get personal with the client, it's there job to take the evidence they have and defend their client.
      07-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #162
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

YES! A little girl is dead! PARTY TIME!

Fucking dirtbags.
      07-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #163
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
No problem with the Defense team celebrating. Everyone can keep trotting out Caylee at every possible argument like Nancy Grace, but don't think for one moment the Prosecution wouldn't have done something celebratory if they one. Even though they didn't, they still held a presser jerking everyone off from the state side.
Baez addressed and brought up Caylee in his presser, did the Prosecution? No.
The Defense just won a three year long case they all had been living. They have the right to celebrate if they want. Don't judge them as so many of you all had pre-judged Casey.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 07:50 AM   #164
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
Don't judge them.
I'll judge them any damn way I please.

They're scum. They love being scum.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #165
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
What should their defense have done? Walked up and said "ladies and gentleman, this is woman killed her daughter... thank you?" They are tasked with defending a client and they painted her as a lying irresponsible psychopath. It's not like they got up and said that she was mother of the year and should be given an award. Their JOB was to poke holes in the story of the prosecution which was, unfortunately for Caylee, extremely easy to do given the lack of irrefutable evidence in this case.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #166
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I have a feeling some enraged lose screw types are filling their clips/magazines.
      07-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #167
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Bottom line, it isn't the lawyers job to get personal with the client, it's there job to take the evidence they have and defend their client.
Bingo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
What should their defense have done? Walked up and said "ladies and gentleman, this is woman killed her daughter... thank you?" They are tasked with defending a client and they painted her as a lying irresponsible psychopath. It's not like they got up and said that she was mother of the year and should be given an award. Their JOB was to poke holes in the story of the prosecution which was, unfortunately for Caylee, extremely easy to do given the lack of irrefutable evidence in this case.
Exactly. I wouldn't doubt if the defense team thinks she actually did it. But they were getting paid to convince the jury that she did not kill her daughter.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #168
Epacy2
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I'll judge them any damn way I please.

They're scum. They love being scum.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #169
turb0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g05 x5 45e

it's better that a few guilty are set free than one innocent convicted. I believe she's undoubtedly guilty, however our system works so that even if there is an ounce of doubt in the jury, they will no convict a person in fear of imprisoning an innocent person. Shit system, but makes sense I guess.
e92 JB/CR 335 // CF GTR Hood // CF HM Splittters // CF Ericcsson Trunk // CF HM Quad Diffuser // Shadowline Trim // Matte Black 19" Vortex VT996 // JB Reflectors // Black Grills // 20% Tint // JB3 2.0 // DCI
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 09:06 AM   #170
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Bingo.

Exactly. I wouldn't doubt if the defense team thinks she actually did it. But they were getting paid to convince the jury that she did not kill her daughter.
Problem is its not about YOU, or what YOU think, or what ANYONE thinks.

Its what they can prove, and they couldn't prove shit.

/Thread
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #171
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Problem is its not about YOU, or what YOU think, or what ANYONE thinks.

Its what they can prove, and they couldn't prove shit.

/Thread
They couldn't prove shit for the charges they brought up. And that is where the mistake was. If they went for lesser charges (negligent homicide, aggravated child abuse, etc.), she would have been found guilty based on the fact that she lied about where her daughter was, failed to report her missing (if she was missing) and in turn neglected her safety.

Bet big, lose big. But as everyone can see, it shouldn't be right to fault the prosecution for betting that anyone with common sense can see that something very wrong happened to Caylee and that Casey had something to do with it. It's when you zero in on premeditated murder and the defense tells the jury "You better be damn sure" that doubts can be raised and rightly so. And I think they should have known that before they went to trial.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #172
fredwlau
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: JB3 e90 335i, e92 SG 6MT M3

The prosecution had 3 years and all the resources the state of Florida had to offer and they still couldn't come up with a convincing case then they do not deserve to have Casey convicted.

Furthermore, I don't think people understand that Jose Baez is a CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY. It is his JOB, follow the bouncing ball now, to DEFEND (taken from the DEFENSE aspect of his title), alleged CRIMINALS (also taken from his specified TYPE of attorney).
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #173
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredwlau View Post
The prosecution had 3 years and all the resources the state of Florida had to offer and they still couldn't come up with a convincing case then they do not deserve to have Casey convicted.

Furthermore, I don't think people understand that Jose Baez is a CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY. It is his JOB, follow the bouncing ball now, to DEFEND (taken from the DEFENSE aspect of his title), alleged CRIMINALS (also taken from his specified TYPE of attorney).
He is also pretty good at it.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #174
Epacy2
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
They couldn't prove shit for the charges they brought up. And that is where the mistake was. If they went for lesser charges (negligent homicide, aggravated child abuse, etc.), she would have been found guilty based on the fact that she lied about where her daughter was, failed to report her missing (if she was missing) and in turn neglected her safety.

Bet big, lose big. But as everyone can see, it shouldn't be right to fault the prosecution for betting that anyone with common sense can see that something very wrong happened to Caylee and that Casey had something to do with it. It's when you zero in on premeditated murder and the defense tells the jury "You better be damn sure" that doubts can be raised and rightly so. And I think they should have known that before they went to trial.
They didn't convict her of lesser murder/neglect charges either.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #175
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

The partying doesn't really bother me too much. Caylee didn't die because the defense won.

Also, imagine being their shoes: spending probably 80+ hours a week for 3 years, and with the end result being a significant career achievement. Don't you think they should be entitled to celebrate a bit? No different than, say, a large contractor winning a bid worth billions of dollars after spending millions of $ and man-hours on R&D (meaning a competitor, also spending millions, lost the bid and will probably have to lay off employees); I don't see people crying over the competitor's laid-off employees.

I do think, however, that they should probably have been more cognizant of public perception (like AIG planning lavish corporate outings to the Ritz in 2008 - though AIG did eventually cancel the trip). If I were the lead partner of the case, I probably would have had the celebration in the office away from cell phone cameras, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #176
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
He is also pretty good at it.
With all due respect, I beg to differ on this point. If you review the proceedings and hear from other defense attorneys, they do not feel he did a particularly good job. He was lucky that the prosecution could never determine a true cause of death, and that was the main point.

Jose made some very damaging statements about other family members at the beginning but never offered proof for these allegations. Thats why the defense was on their heels for much of the trial because he could not prove his claims that he made at the beginning of the trial.
With that said, he did correctly identify that a true cause of death had not been shown, and this is what created doubt in the minds of the jury (at least that is as much as we know at thispoint from what has been released through the media).
I agree that negligent homicide, or some equivalent, should have been the goal from the beginning. For 3 years they knew that they could not prove that Caylee did not drown, so this should not have been a surprise here at the end.
Appreciate 0