BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #23
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu1 View Post
The 5.0 is FAST. A lot of people on this site rip on the car, make statements on how the 335i with a tune is faster and such. The several 5.0's I have drove should not have a problem competing with a 335i at the drags or in the handling.
I can't imagine what the car would be with 1K in mods.

There really aren't many people on this site that are ripping on it...no matter where you go you'll find a minority that do. but here the 5.0 is given some respect.

As for your statement about the 335 with a tune being faster.....well not to sound like a douche...but it is. Stock 5.0 vs an aggressive otherwise-stock JB3 tuned N54...the N54 is faster.
Not by much at all, but it is.

Again, love the car, it's a freaking blast. I just don't want to start the opposite trend to start.

but yes, the mustang is greatly UNDERRATED for its handling capability (but also real-world overrated by some magazines)
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #24
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
I like the new mustang but if I'm going American muscle the only car I would consider is corvette. I know two different cars but that's my opinion.
I was that way at first, until the 5.0 came out. The 5.0 will be my temporary car till I get a vette
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #25
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirat87 View Post
I just traded my 2011 Mustang GT with the brembo package and 3.73 rear-end for an 08 328i Coupe.

I don't regret it at all. This was my second Mustang, and I loved them both, but the BMW offered more of what I wanted. The only thing I miss is the sheer power I had. That 4.3 0-60 was definitely fun, and that car could take some turns but, I'm very happy with the change.
I'll bite....seeing as there was a "pirat" that was just banned a couple of days ago for being a troll.

The step down from an '11 GT to a 328i would be momunemental and only made by someone who was off their meds.

The new Mustang is a huge improvement over previous generations....including the interior.

Like an earlier poster pointed out, the lack of telescopic is a joke. I wasn't a fan of the retro gauges or the amount of body roll (I had a 'vert) but it was a great "bang for your buck" car.

BTW, why is this discussion in OT???....this forum is typically far more entertaining.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #26
jaco
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 SSII

I drove a 5.0 over the weekend with only the CS package and on the premium model. I thought about the change from the 335 to 5.0, but the interior and sheer size of the car is a downfall. With the 335 you can tell exactly where the corners are, but with the 5.0 it's extremely hard. Even with being a bigger car the back seat is a lot more cramped.

If the 5.0 had a little more interior refinement I would consider the change, but I love my sport seats and materials in my car to much to change.

Maybe after a HPFP failure my mind will change.....

2015 Chevy SS In
2011 E90 M3 DCT SSII Out
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 06:42 AM   #27
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
I drove a 5.0 over the weekend with only the CS package and on the premium model. I thought about the change from the 335 to 5.0, but the interior and sheer size of the car is a downfall. With the 335 you can tell exactly where the corners are, but with the 5.0 it's extremely hard. Even with being a bigger car the back seat is a lot more cramped.

If the 5.0 had a little more interior refinement I would consider the change, but I love my sport seats and materials in my car to much to change.

Maybe after a HPFP failure my mind will change.....

FWIW i never once had a HPFP failure, but still jumped ship
If interior refinement is key to you though, I can see how the mustang wouldn't be your cup o tea.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #28
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I was that way at first, until the 5.0 came out. The 5.0 will be my temporary car till I get a vette
My next car will either be next gen M3 vert or vette vert.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #29
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
The new Mustang is a huge improvement over previous generations....including the interior.
Most definitely. The short-in-depth dash seems a little odd at first, but the fit and finish and materials are much better than previous generations, handling is better, and output is better.

Progress is good.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #30
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Love the exterior styling. The interior materials left more to be desired.(Reminds me of the C63 AMG). Overall, one hell of a car.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #31
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

I havent gotten a chance to test drive the new 5.0 but i did drive the 2010 GT and I was impressed, I could only imagine the 5.0.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #32
jaco
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
I havent gotten a chance to test drive the new 5.0 but i did drive the 2010 GT and I was impressed, I could only imagine the 5.0.
That motor will make you forget everything negative you might have thought about a Mustang. Its ability to rev and the sound it makes is great.

If I can find a brembo package 5.0 to test drive I might consider the swap to an American car.

2015 Chevy SS In
2011 E90 M3 DCT SSII Out
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #33
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
If I can find a brembo package 5.0 to test drive I might consider the swap to an American car.
They're all over here at the dealerships in Chicago. Hell, there's even a GT500 with the SVTPP that isn't yet spoken for that I got to take a spin in... All I can say is wow....
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #34
Polarbear83
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 Alpine White 323i

I'm thinking of taking my mustang-loving gf to test drive it. She'll be thrilled to hear there's a 2011 model!

of course, I'll be giving it a run too ... but I'll always be an M3 man
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #35
jaco
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
They're all over here at the dealerships in Chicago. Hell, there's even a GT500 with the SVTPP that isn't yet spoken for that I got to take a spin in... All I can say is wow....
Indy doesnt have any but CS package cars. I didnt realize the brembo car's have a different suspension. The stock suspension has a lot more roll.

I could see an all black one in the driveway.

2015 Chevy SS In
2011 E90 M3 DCT SSII Out
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #36
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Indy doesnt have any but CS package cars. I didnt realize the brembo car's have a different suspension. The stock suspension has a lot more roll.

I could see an all black one in the driveway.
The Brembo package equipped cars still have a decent amount of roll. My advice would be to get the FRPP suspension installed on delivery. It's fantastic and inexpensive. My dealer even promised to warranty it along with the car's bumper-to-bumper warranty as long as it was installed before I took delivery (although normally you'll get only 12mo on the FRPP stuff).
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #37
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
The Brembo package equipped cars still have a decent amount of roll. My advice would be to get the FRPP suspension installed on delivery. It's fantastic and inexpensive. My dealer even promised to warranty it along with the car's bumper-to-bumper warranty as long as it was installed before I took delivery (although normally you'll get only 12mo on the FRPP stuff).

yep brembo you're not going to notice much of any difference (if any) in roll and general handling.

again it's still not that bad though, but it is there.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #38
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

I don't like most Ford products, but the new mustang is awesome. Raced the gt500 or whatever the real fast one is... only saw tail lights. Thing was chirping the tires hard during shifts, even at highway speeds.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #39
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
I don't like most Ford products, but the new mustang is awesome. Raced the gt500 or whatever the real fast one is... only saw tail lights. Thing was chirping the tires hard during shifts, even at highway speeds.

my only complaint about the gt500, is I'd rather get a corvette with that high of a pricetag.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #40
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
my only complaint about the gt500, is I'd rather get a corvette with that high of a pricetag.
I'd never buy one, but for Ford enthusiasts it's probably a wet dream.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #41
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
I'd never buy one, but for Ford enthusiasts it's probably a wet dream.
gt500 is no joke. my friend has a supercharged GT500 from 2007 or so, and that car is scary fast. makes my car feel anemic.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #42
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
gt500 is no joke. my friend has a supercharged GT500 from 2007 or so, and that car is scary fast. makes my car feel anemic.
its funny seeing chevy being a step behind ford. even with the gt500, the zl1 is supposed to be the contender, but that's still virtually at least 1 or 2 years behind the GT500. and the camaro has already been bested by the 5.0

Again the reason why the only GM i'll ever buy again is a vette constantly at the top, and constantly ahead of the curve. It's about the only are they focus on truly excelling at.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #43
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
having not driven a Shelby, I can't speak to that...but I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to in terms of engine drone/noise.

When you WANT to hear it, you can hear it...but if you're commuting/don't want to hear it and shift short, you don't hear much, if anything, at all.
The GT500 may be a bit more opened up, but I can certainly tell you the Mustang is NOT that way at al

Here is what I am talking about, and trust me grew up on cars like this, I still own a 53" F100 with 300HP HP289 in it with almost straight pipes and do enjoy the sound. But inside the cabin you hear it all the time. Grant if you want to attract attention to yourself it works. However I like the fact with the BWM I can produce as much power without it attracting people's attention or hearing it inside the car on a daily bases.

Grant it this is not stock, but it close to what I experience the sound is great, but day in and day out it can gets a bit much.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #44
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Here is what I am talking about, and trust me grew up on cars like this, I still own a 53" F100 with 300HP HP289 in it with almost straight pipes and do enjoy the sound. But inside the cabin you hear it all the time. Grant if you want to attract attention to yourself it works. However I like the fact with the BWM I can produce as much power without it attracting people's attention or hearing it inside the car on a daily bases.

Grant it this is not stock, but it close to what I experience the sound is great, but day in and day out it can gets a bit much.
I agree then, but remember that's the GT500. getting a GT500 as a DD is something I'd never do definitely nothing like that on a 5.0
Appreciate 0