BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #23
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

I wish sport hunters would move to Michigan and clear out that fucking deer population. I can't stand driving anywhere in that state at night, any time of year, when it's dark.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #24
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I wish sport hunters would move to Michigan and clear out that fucking deer population. I can't stand driving anywhere in that state at night, any time of year, when it's dark.

Same here, though our state's deer population is not high right now...and then you've got the (often suburban or urban) PETA types who think it's actually possible to relocate the herds or limit their reproduction...keep on dreaming.
      06-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #25
PsychoSlug
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

What is really sad is that the lion is probably now a stuffed hide, with it's innards rotting in the African sun. What a waste of life. Speaking of a waste of life, that "hunter" is an asshole, plain and simple. If he ate the cat, I stand corrected.

I'm all for hunting predators such as lions, tigers, grizzly bears, and polar bears. However, the only weapon allowed should be a knife. Now that is a contest.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #26
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpratt34 View Post
What is really sad is that the lion is probably now a stuffed hide, with it's innards rotting in the African sun. What a waste of life. Speaking of a waste of life, that "hunter" is an asshole, plain and simple. If he ate the cat, I stand corrected.

I'm all for hunting predators such as lions, tigers, grizzly bears, and polar bears. However, the only weapon allowed should be a knife. Now that is a contest.
If I ever was cool enough to hunt and kill an animal like that, I would eat every bit of it. But that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #27
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:

If there is a man that could hunt and kill a grown male lion with just a knife, i would make sure to never get on his bad side. One swipe of the lions paw could damn near decapitate someone.
      06-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #28
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

How is that a contest? Do you know how strong those animals really are? A single claw will do more damage than a knife.

1,000 lb grizzly with sharp claws and teeth vs. 180 lb human with a knife = fair contest?
      06-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #29
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
If I ever was cool enough to hunt and kill an animal like that, I would eat every bit of it raw. But that's just me.

Fixed that for ya
      06-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #30
PsychoSlug
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
How is that a contest? Do you know how strong those animals really are? A single claw will do more damage than a knife.

1,000 lb grizzly with sharp claws and teeth vs. 180 lb human with a knife = fair contest?
It is a fair contest because the asshole with a knife, pumped on testosterone, would get his clock cleaned by an animal that shouldn't be hunted in the first place. Everyone one of the animals I listed is threatened or endangered.

I was being facetious.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #31
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

watch this shit, this is why lions and tigers are so dangerous and i wouldnt fuck with them. He came out of fucking nowhere

06-19-2010, 10:40 PM   #32
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
too bad the Lion didn't take out that "hunter'...i figure if i'm going after any beast ill go mano a mano or not f with it....we got way more fat dudes than lions anyways..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #33
PsychoSlug
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
watch this shit, this is why lions and tigers are so dangerous and i wouldnt fuck with them. He came out of fucking nowhere

Notice that it didn't go after the elephant. It new exactly who was fucking with it. And people call them dumb animals....

I've encounter both black and grizzly bears while hiking in the backcountry. Both did everything possible to get the hell out of my way, because I know how to handle myself in bear country and make plenty of noise while hiking. Hunters, on the other hand, get themselves into trouble because they get cocky and rely on a firearm. Could you hold a gun steady with a 500 pound, pissed off grizzly charging within 10 yards because you surprised it in the bush? I couldn't; which is why I rely on bear spray, which isn't overly reliant on accurate aiming. Plus, it is a non-lethal deterrent.

EDIT - my comment regarding hunters was a bit too pointed. Not all hunters are like this. Some have a head on their shoulders and know how to conduct themselves.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #34
e92m3ftw
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92m3

Quote:

Like they say the ones you dont see coming are the ones that get you.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 12:18 AM   #35
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

I agree with many about hunting being terrible. I feel disgusted and terrible after seeing it, even though I've seen it before.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 12:41 AM   #36
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
Getting a shot off when being charged by one of the big five is not easy...you'll seldom have time to reload..
That's why they were carrying "double rifles". 2 barrels, each loaded with a big ass cartridge like a 470 Nitro or a 458 LOTT or something along those lines.

Quote:
I say we all go on a hunt for the fucks that were hunting him, see what the think about it...and when they scream "why are you doing this??" we reply "I have some empty walls that you guys would look nice on." See how they like it

I think they'd fuck your shit up before you even got close....
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 01:15 AM   #37
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post

I think they'd fuck your shit up before you even got close....
Still sounds like a good idea. they sure as hell deserve being hunted.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #38
mkaaes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 C4S

The dude who shot the lion probably shit himself...I know I would.
      06-20-2010, 03:02 AM   #39
shuarma
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e92

although i do feel bad for the lion, the dude didn't really have a choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaaes View Post
The dude who shot the lion probably shit himself...I know I would.
yeah i would poop my pants
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 07:20 AM   #40
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuarma View Post
although i do feel bad for the lion, the dude didn't really have a choice
Yes, he did. He didn't have to be there hunting the lion. That was a choice.

And to all that have suggested a poacher hunt, this actually happens in Africa. My dad works for the U.S. Navy and buys and sells Navy vessels. A while back, on of his assignments was to sell hovercrafts to the Kenyan gov't that had .50 cal machine guns mounted on them. Their only purpose - to hunt and kill poachers, no questions asked. If you looked like you were poaching, you were shot with a f**king .50 cal. Africa's a mean place!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #41
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Damn I felt bad for the lion too...That's like watching Simba die.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #42
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
My sentiments echo those of several other posters in this thread. If you're going to consume the animal after killing it, then I'm fine with that. Killing animals for it's own sake is a waste of life. Ironically, cats are one of the only other species that hunt purely for sport.
Unfortunately, many of the hunters who hunt big game are small dicked losers who need to feel powerful over something. I have encountered several of these over the years, and they are inevitably "Touched" in some way. They love to tell about their brushes with death as if they were a badge of honor.

These "near death" encounters are usually caused by bad tactics and this hunter did the same thing. He's lucky to be alive, not to mention that he almost got mauled anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #43
Gesler
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

I had seen the video in the OP's post before on discovery/animal planet/etc. If i remember correctly, the lion was a maneater and they were hunting to kill/capture it.

of course, it is human encroachment into these animals' territories that leads to this.
      06-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #44
BillLee
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [9.00]
damn, that was a big ass lion! would have been funny if the lion stood up and pulled out his ak-47 and shot all those guys.
Appreciate 0