BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

01-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
stuntman314
Rep
Drives:

Can you guys help me with my purchase?

Ok so I went today and bought this vehicle my dad didnt think it was a good deal and told me I should bring it back. I was doing a trade in and I did not give them the title to my mercedes c230 just yet, so i drove it back up to them and gave them the car back. Tomorrow my dad is going with me to negotiate on the price, I am 18 and will be paying for this car on my own. The car was badass and the paint was in great condition there was just minor wear in the interior. Since the car has 72k miles do you guys think it would be a good idea to purchase this car?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/1547675089.html
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
dgraham1023
Rep
Drives: E46, E36

I personally would not own an SMG car. Way too many expensive items to go out when the vehicle has higher mileage. I would possibly own one under factory warranty though. I would have lot where you are possibly purchasing this vehicle put a paint depth gauge on every panel of this vehicle to verify that it has not had any paint work. Very common to have bodywork and not show up on Carfax. It is also hard to find one of these vehicles that has not been driven hard and abused. Take your time and go over it from bumper to bumper. Also see if they can put it in the air for you, or pay the $150 and take it to the dealer for a used car inspection. I am a BMW tech, and I find way too often that people bring a vehicle in to the dealer for a used car inspection that they have already bought! Needless to say, they are not very happy when they get a page or 2 page estimate sheet. Also be aware that this vehicle will eat some tires. Specifically, two pair of rears for every one pair of front. Good luck, Dave.
Appreciate 0