BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

08-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #23
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Don't forget Sony, they are coming out with their tablets very soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 04:53 PM   #24
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
vid
............................... ..

Honestly though im hoping it might have some ps3 functionality.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 05:18 PM   #25
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
i just played with this Asus EEwhateverthefuck. It feels like a plastic fisher price toy.
Screen is nice and everything, but i could not get over that hollow plastic feeling.
      08-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #26
lithium1330
Private
Rep
Drives: fiancee's 135 when she lets me

I bought the Galaxy Tab 10.1 when Staples offered a $100 off. It's a great tablet and I can't imagine going back to other, bulkier Android tablets. While some every other Android tablets have built-in HDMI and SD card readers, etc... I really haven't had a need for either of those things since I bought it. The battery life allows me to run 2 to 3 days without charging. I use it primarily for browsing, email and once a while connect to my Windows 7 virtual desktop at work without firing up the laptop. The 10" screen makes a desktop usable. As for apps... I have most of the apps I will use/need. The apps argument is moot, IMO. The core apps most people use on daily basis are available on Android. I got my email, gmail, flash, quick office, kindle, dropbox, evernote, pen memo (handwriting app), all the googles labs stuff, various angry birds, air hockey, puzzle games, Netflix app and a slew of video players, etc. No native facebook app yet, but www.facebook.com solves that. Wifi is everywhere and I can turn-on wireless tether as fall back.

A few improvements/things you may need to get accustomed to:
- the touch/pointer take a little to get used to. It's sometimes difficult to know which you're click on (e.g., browsing the forum and clicking on the page number that's the size of the pin head in the browser). It appears nicer implemented on the ipad and even the defunct touchpad
-processing of flash can sometimes mix up the browsing experience... e.g., when you have those flash-based menu pop-up/drop down (like the subforums here).. some times the browser appears to get confused and think you're clicking on the bottom most layer of the page, instead of the menu overlay. I saw this once or twice.
- some sites appear laggy... but I attribute that to loading of flash content on the page (flash support is great, but it's certainly not free).

Overall, I like the galaxy tab 10.1. My fiancee will likely get the ipad at some point... but even if she has one, I see no reason at this point for me to be jealous.
Appreciate 0