BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #45
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

I don't know how BofA works but if you deposit cash in a wells fargo ATM, throughout the whole transaction you can ask for your bills back if something goes wrong.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 12:58 AM   #46
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Who deposits "cash" in an ATM?
not I.

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #47
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

First you are only 7 days into this and they may need a little more time than this, I am not making excuses for the bank trust me, since I will hammer anyone who messes with my money.

As it was pointed out the ATM are audited and reconciled from time to time, not sure if they do it daily or weekly or how often but it is done. When this is done, if the machine has more cash then was put in by customers or the bank itself than it should show in the audit report. This is what you want to see is the audit report. The best way to handle this is to go to your local branch where you have your account set up. They are more motivated to help than the person on the phone.

Personally there are couple financial organizations I do not do business with Citi and all their derivatives, what was Mellon Bank, Bill me Later, and BofA because all these companies at one time or another have messed with my money. As far as I am concern they have less then ethical business practices when it comes to handling your money.

I too as someone else pointed use Wachovia and now Wells Fargo, I have been with Wachovia for 8 yrs and used Wells off and on for 20 yrs and I had couple of mortgages with them and they are great to deal with. I did a no cost refinance with Wells took a 30 yr to a 15 yr all over the phone. That alone saved me 10K in refinancing costs. I have been very happy with them and had very fee issues and when I did they cleared them up quickly and to my satisfaction and did not have to escalate it.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #48
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
First you are only 7 days into this and they may need a little more time than this, I am not making excuses for the bank trust me, since I will hammer anyone who messes with my money.

As it was pointed out the ATM are audited and reconciled from time to time, not sure if they do it daily or weekly or how often but it is done. When this is done, if the machine has more cash then was put in by customers or the bank itself than it should show in the audit report. This is what you want to see is the audit report. The best way to handle this is to go to your local branch where you have your account set up. They are more motivated to help than the person on the phone.

Personally there are couple financial organizations I do not do business with Citi and all their derivatives, what was Mellon Bank, Bill me Later, and BofA because all these companies at one time or another have messed with my money. As far as I am concern they have less then ethical business practices when it comes to handling your money.

I too as someone else pointed use Wachovia and now Wells Fargo, I have been with Wachovia for 8 yrs and used Wells off and on for 20 yrs and I had couple of mortgages with them and they are great to deal with. I did a no cost refinance with Wells took a 30 yr to a 15 yr all over the phone. That alone saved me 10K in refinancing costs. I have been very happy with them and had very fee issues and when I did they cleared them up quickly and to my satisfaction and did not have to escalate it.
he's 7 days....and 3 years
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #49
Rated M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 IB Z4MC

Hahahahah.... Not so epic thread bumpage.....
      04-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #50
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post

I just wasted 6 seconds of my life typing this, but it's ok because you just wasted 5 minutes of your life typing that.
      04-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #51
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 GTI

On an unrelated note, Capital One recently took over a local branch of banks who I've been banking with for a while now. I've hit a few annoyances during the switchover, but nothing really major, until my card's magstrip got scratched somewhere. I tried using it at several stores and it wasn't getting read, so I decided to get a new one.

I stopped at a CO branch, and told the teller that my card wasn't being read. The teller then went to poke the branch manager and told him I'm having issues with my card. The branch manager then flips out and is like "We can tell you your current balance sir, but we won't be able to tell you why your card has been blocked"... I'm like...ok, I didn't realize my card was blocked, it's just not being read.

The guy then checks, ofcourse it's not blocked, and then starts grilling me. He asked me when it was that I last used it, then tells me that i've paid for things since. I was like, yes, I ordered pizza online since, and I remember my card details. I have no idea why this dude went into this fucking crazy gestapo mode, but he was really getting on my nerves. Then he was like...You know, I have no idea why it wasn't working for you, I don't see any attempts to charge it on your history.

I figured he was derping a bit, so I'm like...yeah...the card is scratched, it wasn't read in the machine, why would it show up on your system. And if it did, why wouldn't it just charge it then? My assumption that this guy was a bit derp was incorrect. He looked me straight in the eyes and said, really proudly, "we can see EVERY transaction you make". I was like...Ok there, oh Seer of the Small Consumer Banking, I'm gonna roll. Switched to PNC, loving it.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #52
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Credit unions people...im a BofA customer though hehe
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #53
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

I have a BofA account and I keep about $2,000 total in it. I pay small bills, and use the ATM card for dining out, that's about it. BofA is not a great bank to park any large amount of money.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #54
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

your letter is not going to get you anywhere

be forceful but BE POLITE
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #55
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

lol at all the people that dont realize this thread is 3 years old
      04-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #56
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
he's 7 days....and 3 years
shit i hate when that happens...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #57
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I have a BofA account and I keep about $2,000 total in it. I pay small bills, and use the ATM card for dining out, that's about it. BofA is not a great bank to park any large amount of money.
I beg to differ.

If you have 25k in there, you get 30 trades free per month on Merrill Lynch

and after that its only $5 per trade.

Can't really beat that..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #58
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Not sure with the new system, but the old system, there are audits/counts of the cash in the machine. They have to deplete the cash and re-fill it a few times a week. I'm pretty sure it's still the same now.

I'd go in the branch where the ATM is located and talk to the manager politely. Ask if he/she can go into the machine and check if your money got stuck somewhere that's not noticeable. Just explain to him/her the situation and be as nice as possible. After all, your money is technically not even there.

They used to keep logs of the over/under cash count too. I used to work there and found loose bills all over the place.
      04-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #59
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I beg to differ.

Can't really beat that..
I'm not an active day trader, nor have I ever made money actively trading. That's a benefit I would never use.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #60
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Man, got my hopes up seeing Boost Nation's username
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #61
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I'm not an active day trader, nor have I ever made money actively trading. That's a benefit I would never use.
I see.

Other than those free trades, BofA doesn't provide anything else that matters

CitiGold is the best in my opinion.

And they're customer service is a level above the rest from my experience
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #62
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

I want a bank that can teach me how to dougie
      04-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #63
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
lol at all the people that dont realize this thread is 3 years old
      04-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #64
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Their stock traded at $35 when this thread was made. Perhaps that's why they crashed?

Kidding aside, BAC or any bank really don't give a shit about personal accounts.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #65
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I beg to differ.

Can't really beat that..
It's also an epic waste of money leaving $25k in an account generating essentially 0% interest just to get 30 free trades (~$300 value, giving you a grand 1.2% yearly interest on your deposit).

You're better off finding a higher interest-yielding account or money market fund and making your trades via a 3rd party like ameritrade.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #66
Eric@e2design
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
It's also an epic waste of money leaving $25k in an account generating essentially 0% interest just to get 30 free trades (~$300 value, giving you a grand 1.2% yearly interest on your deposit).

You're better off finding a higher interest-yielding account or money market fund and making your trades via a 3rd party like ameritrade.
Yes and no.. he may have some insane spending habits and income and actually cycle $25k

not likely any of us do but im just saying when I sold my old car I deposited all the money in and the teller said something about BOA VIP/PREMIUM/VALUED MEMBER or something and started reading me the benefits it includes a whole list of free banking services.

But yah I agree 25k in the checking account is a complete waste of money
Appreciate 0