BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

01-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
MERCEDES-BENZ GLA 45 AMG OFFICIAL TRAILER [video]

Quote:
Mercedes-Benz has now finally released the official images of the GLA45 AMG. We have previously seen the Concept GLA45 AMG Concept, and fortunately the production model is not that far off. Powered by the same 2,0-litre, turbocharged petrol engine that can be found in the A45 AMG super hatch, and using Mercedes-Benz’s 4Matic all-wheel-drive system, the performance is almost on par with that of the A45.

If you think there is no space in the market place for a car such as this, think again. With the upcoming Porsche Macan Turbo and Audi RS Q3, Mercedes-AMG certainly wants to have a piece of the pie.

This was confirmed by Tobias Moers, chairman at Mercedes-AMG: “The response to the Concept GLA45 AMG during the world première at the Los Angeles International Auto Show has reaffirmed our decision to launch this new AMG model. Currently there is no segment growing faster than that of compact SUVs. For Mercedes-AMG it is therefore a logical step to make a dynamic statement in this segment with the GLA 45 AMG.”

Specification:

Model: Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG
Engine: 2,0-litre, four-cylinder turbopetrol
Power: 265 kW at 6 000 r/min
Torque: 450 N.m from 2 250 to 5 000 r/min
0-100 km/h: 4,8 seconds
Fuel consumption: 7,5 L/100 km
CO2: 175 g/km
Top speed: 250 km/h (ltd)

This means the GLA45 is only 0,2 seconds slower to 100 km/h than the claimed figure for the A45 AMG.

As is the case with the A45 AMG, several optional packages will become available. These include and aerodynamics package, exterior carbon fibre package and a night package. Buyers can also go all out and select the Edition 1package that will also give the car a similar treatment to the A45 AMG Edition 1.

Expect the GLA45 AMG to arrive in South Africa during the third quarter of 2014.

We will also witness the launch of the most luxurious version of the W222 S-Class to date. What is rumoured to be called the S600 Maybach, will be 5,5 metres long and offer top-level luxury, especially for the two rear seat passengers. It is unlikely that a third seat in the rear will be offered at all. Power will be supplied by Mercedes-Benz’s 5,5-litre V12 engine developing around 430 kW.

The return of the Maybach nameplate, after Daimler ceased production at the end of 2012 of its über luxurious sedan, signals Mercedes-Benz’s intention to take even more market share from brands such as Bentley and Rolls-Royce.

Follow the respective links to read our driving impressions of the S350 BlueTec, S400 Hybrid and S63 AMG.
I really like this one
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Tony135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ‘22 Model 3

It's an interesting little car and I kind of like it! MB has really stepped up their interiors but they're starting to all look the same from the front.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #3
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony135 View Post
It's an interesting little car and I kind of like it! MB has really stepped up their interiors but they're starting to all look the same from the front.
Yeah those seats are enough to want this car!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #4
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Yeah, the interior looks good except for the screen plopped right in the middle of the console like it was taped on. But that is becoming a common trend, so i can't single out this car for that. I'm loving the seats. I might consider this car IF it their 2.0T proves reliable and the car is less than 42k.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 03:13 AM   #5
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Go Mercedes! Home run after home run!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
kdog26372
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
Yeah, the interior looks good except for the screen plopped right in the middle of the console like it was taped on. But that is becoming a common trend, so i can't single out this car for that. I'm loving the seats. I might consider this car IF it their 2.0T proves reliable and the car is less than 42k.
Depends if you are talking US dollars or Euros on that 42k hope. If dollars you'll be way off. Guessing $48k without options and closer to mid $50's with navigation and typical options.

The X1 35i is $48-$50k US optioned up, this will be a much better vehicle in most repects, better interior/exterior styling and fit/finish, and faster/quicker vehicle. Good looking vehicle and will compete with Macan S more so than the cheaper X1's. It'll be a deal compared to Macan S and less so when compared to X1. But, I'd take it over upper $40k X1 anyday.
      01-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #7
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Looks like it's just a new A Class with AWD a higher ride height. Even the interior is identical..
Appreciate 0