BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

11-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #23
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

maybe CarMax is a better deal?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #24
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2CS, M2C, & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
She's worth every dime I spent on it, and more. Be safe on your way to the left-hand side of the state, and on the drive back!* Congrats and be sure to post pics!

PS - who was your SA?

*the drive will be one helluva good way to get your break-in period mostly done!
She's now safe and sound in the garage. It was a great drive, since I took my time and learned all the cool things about the car. It's AWESOME!!! I'll be posting pix soon.

I'm now sure there are some folks out there bragging about how they drove faster than an M3. But, I was more interested in getting home safe than acting like an a$$.

Hopefully, I can keep the door dings and scratched to a minimum for a while (this town sucks for new car owners).

My SA was Richard Hard. Nice guy, easy to work with.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #25
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW003E View Post
She's now safe and sound in the garage. It was a great drive, since I took my time and learned all the cool things about the car. It's AWESOME!!! I'll be posting pix soon.

I'm now sure there are some folks out there bragging about how they drove faster than an M3. But, I was more interested in getting home safe than acting like an a$$.

Hopefully, I can keep the door dings and scratched to a minimum for a while (this town sucks for new car owners).

My SA was Richard Hard. Nice guy, easy to work with.
I am happy to hear that you made it home in one piece - and so did the car.

Richard is a really good guy; I have known him for many years. He's knowledgeable, friendly and really knows how to squeeze the most out of the cars that he sells. In point of fact, he took me out in the demo M3 they had when the E9X was first released - and scared the living hell out of me. The car was already broken-in so, that means 8300 redline. He wrung that car out; it was awesome.

I can't wait to see the pics!
      11-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #26
Mark B.
CEO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09M3,E92,DCT,SG/08M3 E93MT,MR

Yea I test drove that car in Fife they told me it's broke in so you can go like a bat out !!!! so of we went hehehhehe I won't deal with them ever they lyed to me and just want you to put down a deposit and lock you in I went to moutain view there I made a killer deal and got what I wanted! later
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #27
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

Here's a few pictues I snapped. I didn't get many, since it was a long day for my two boys and I. I'll post new ones once I get a change.

Name:  BMW-M3-28N0v09a.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  169.4 KB

Name:  DSC00202.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  243.0 KB

Name:  MyM3-28Nov09a.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  360.1 KB

Now, I just have to survive the break-in.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #28
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here's a few pictues I snapped. I didn't get many, since it was a long day for my two boys and I. I'll post new ones once I get a change.

Now, I just have to survive the break-in.
She is a beauty! So, it was you, and your two sons? That must have been a blast for them as well. How long did your round-trip take you?
      11-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #29
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
She is a beauty! So, it was you, and your two sons? That must have been a blast for them as well. How long did your round-trip take you?
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the color choice (AW, Ext. Silver Novillo with Carbon Leather trim). Richard told me that a number of folks wanted to get in it and I got a few compliments on the car.

The kids absolutely love it. They had a good time and were really well behaved.

Total trip time was about 10 hrs. 3.5 to Bellevue (30 for breakfast), 3 hrs at the dealership (I took my time, looked around, got some pix of the boys in cars), and 3.5 back. I didn't really want to rush since it's a new car.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #30
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the color choice (AW, Ext. Silver Novillo with Carbon Leather trim). Richard told me that a number of folks wanted to get in it and I got a few compliments on the car.

The kids absolutely love it. They had a good time and were really well behaved.

Total trip time was about 10 hrs. 3.5 to Bellevue (30 for breakfast), 3 hrs at the dealership (I took my time, looked around, got some pix of the boys in cars), and 3.5 back. I didn't really want to rush since it's a new car.
10 hours!? Yowza! I can't imagine being couped-up in a car with my two kids for that long (granted, they are 4 years and 9 months old, respectively). I just got off the phone with Richard and he said that your particular delivery will be one he remembers because you were all so elated and excited; as was he at the sale given the economy
      12-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #31
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

That's the magic of portable DVD players. But, a 9 mth old probably wouldn't have too much interest.

I'm a bit surprise by Richard's comment. I would have thought that anyone buying an M3 would have been excited by the experience. I sure was, and the drive home was great.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #32
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's the magic of portable DVD players. But, a 9 mth old probably wouldn't have too much interest.

I'm a bit surprise by Richard's comment. I would have thought that anyone buying an M3 would have been excited by the experience. I sure was, and the drive home was great.
Ooops, I typo'ed. I meant to say that he was excited about the sale to an enthusiast. Mistakes happen when I try to do too many things.
      12-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #33
bknight
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M Competition

Congratulations, your car looks great!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #34
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats.....I love the 19"s on a sedan!

Did you call Hahn for a quote? I know they can do better than 3% off of MSRP.... Heck that is only 1800 on a 60K car....
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 11:57 PM   #35
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys for the compliments.

I did call Hahn but the best they could do was 3% but it was going to be a while before they could get a production slot. I actually called a number of dealerships, all of them gave me 3% (more if I wanted ED but I didn't really want to wait until the spring). In the end, Bellevue already had a production slot that I could take.

At this point, I don't care anymore since I have the car. Too bad it's too damn cold to do anything but drive really carefully.
Appreciate 0