BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

12-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
dead ringer
09 M3 E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 E90 - DCT

New owner, list of mods I am looking to complete

picked up an 09 and have a list of mods I would like to complete:
  • Lux AE (completed)
  • Eibach Prokit (installing next week)
  • color matched kidney grll & front reflector (installing next week)
  • Turner test pipes
  • front & rear carbon splitters along with some Advan GT rims
Lastly a tune and this is where I need some advice. Read some great reviews about BPMsport's tune, but I have a second option here locally. Dyno Comp a well respected company uses EVOtech as the base tune and tweaks it on the dyno for the best possible results. Issue being it costs $1500 (includes tune w/ dyno time), they show results of +30-35 gains over stock for both hp & tq on the dynamometer w/ the Turner test pipes.

BPMsport doesnt have any dyno plots that I can find, but based on the comments from other members it sounds like a great tune for everyday driving (plus I am sure there are gains).

Does anyone have info about EVOtech? And am I missing any other reasonably priced upgrades I should be complete? I want the most hp/tq w/out installing a s/c kit...

thanks
DC

Last edited by dead ringer; 12-28-2012 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: change wording
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
335twins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x3 M40i, 2019 M2Comp

I would steer away from evotech, bad experience....
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
I would love to help you out if you decide to use us!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead ringer View Post
picked up an 09 and have a list of mods I would like to complete:
  • Lux AE (completed)
  • Eibach Prokit (installing next week)
  • color matched kidney grll & front reflector (installing next week)
  • Turner test pipes
  • front & rear carbon splitters along with some Advan GT rims
Lastly a tune and this is where I need some advice. Read some great reviews about BPMsport's tune, but I have a second option here locally. Dyno Comp a well respected company uses EVOtech as the base tune and tweaks it on the dyno for the best possible results. Issue being it costs $1500 (includes tune w/ dyno time), they show results of +30-35 gains over stock for both hp & tq on the dynamometer w/ the Turner test pipes.

BPMsport doesnt have any dyno plots that I can find, but based on the comments from other members it sounds like a great tune for everyday driving (plus I am sure there are gains).

Does anyone have info about EVOtech? And am I missing any other reasonably priced upgrades I should be complete? I want the most hp/tq w/out installing a s/c kit...

thanks
DC
We can definitely help you out with the test pipes (Macht Schnell), Splitters (Vorsteiner) and tune (ESS) when ready.

Most items are in stock, feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
dead ringer
09 M3 E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 E90 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
and tune (ESS)
can you tell me a little more about the ESS tune, didnt know ESS had a tune. Does it work better if its tuned using a Dyno or is the canned tune good? When used with test pipes what gains have been made? thanks
      12-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead ringer View Post
can you tell me a little more about the ESS tune, didnt know ESS had a tune. Does it work better if its tuned using a Dyno or is the canned tune good? When used with test pipes what gains have been made? thanks
We have an excellent FAQ listed here, which will give all details on the flash and more:

ESS E-Flash ECU Performance Software Cable Overview
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769500

Video overview, FAQ and plenty of info to start, let me know if anything in there is unclear or unanswered.

We've tested pretty much all tunes on the marketplace and feel the ESS E-Flash is simply the best out there. Their vast experience in supercharging some of the highest hp M3s out there will simply speak for itself, even on a NA basis.

Macht Schnell Test pipes + E-Flash is worth about ~25whp, some M3s can see more - some less. Add on the Stage 2 intake and pulleys and you can easily be close to the 400hp club in no time.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0