BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

05-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #23
RADRACR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4 M Coupé // '09 X5 d

The speed the GT-R can shift blows my mind. It's literally instantaneous while even the Lambo has slight delay between shifts.
'08 Z4 ///M Coupé (#1765/1815) — 1 of 68 Sepang Bronze / Black Nappa / Madeira Wood / 1 of 1 this combo
19" Advan RS / AP Racing / Bridgestone RE-11 / Autosolutions SSK / R.E. Diablo / R.E. trans mounts
'09 X5 35dSpace Grey / Saddle Brown
20" Forgestar F14 / SCR Delete
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #24
tphaeng
Captain
Rep
Drives: derrrty

Holy smokes!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #25
Michael5155
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 30i

I would be in favor of deleting any threads showing obvious illegal behavior. I say we start with this one. Leaving it on this forum gives this dangerous behavior credibility and acceptability. While most of us on this thread will watch this and think: "What a bunch of idiots." There may be a few who find this cute or cool and try to immulate it with disastrous results to innocent lives.

Like I said in my earlier post, if you want to race like this and have your brain matter beading up on a Raindance-layered windshield... I wish you the best, but do it in a safe, controlled environment. An innocent family on their way to Grandma's house doesn't deserve to end up dead because idiots like this think it's cool and cute to race on public roads.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #26
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael5155 View Post
I would be in favor of deleting any threads showing obvious illegal behavior. I say we start with this one. Leaving it on this forum gives this dangerous behavior credibility and acceptability. While most of us on this thread will watch this and think: "What a bunch of idiots." There may be a few who find this cute or cool and try to immulate it with disastrous results to innocent lives.

Like I said in my earlier post, if you want to race like this and have your brain matter beading up on a Raindance-layered windshield... I wish you the best, but do it in a safe, controlled environment. An innocent family on their way to Grandma's house doesn't deserve to end up dead because idiots like this think it's cool and cute to race on public roads.
Very slippery slope.

Guess you are in favor of censoring movies like the fast and the furious also? How about banning video games that allow you to race on real roads like PGR?

Censorship is never the answer. I appreciate what you are saying, but the solution is not the one you suggest in my opinion. The local authorities and people have to care. In places like Russia, Brasil, etc...they either don't, can be bought off, or told to take a hike by the right people.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #27
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Quote:
While I would love to be in either of these cars doing this racing, it is absolutely idiotic to do this on public roads where parents and their children are driving on what they assume are safe roads. Stupid to the 100th power. Not cool to the 100th power. Have this fun at an abandoned airport or other place where only your stupid brain can get smashed like a bug on the windshield and not the brain of some innocent kid while sleeping in the back seat of his parents SUV coming home from a friends birthday party.

Grow up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
I agree to the 100th power. But seriously, I think the same thing every time I see these videos. It absolutely destroys any entertainment value of watching what these monster cars can do, knowing they could disintegrate a family in a split second. I don't care if it's in Russia or "at night", this was clearly not that late or remote with the amount of traffic out. Take it off the damn streets. This is why people think everyone with fast cars are assholes.
Did anyone else notice that near accident at 1:50?
Cut it real close.
      05-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #28
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

^^^ yeah that stupid biker! Wtf was that deuschebag thinking. Not that what the others was doing was smart either.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #29
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

GTR might beat it, but I'll take the Aventador anyday over even the fastest GTR, it's just too damn sexy.

Quote:

You probably work for the FCC don't you?
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #30
dtwyim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW no more

Cars
Street racing
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #31
tma1c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 6MT M3

[QUOTE=Augenbrauezug;12011494]GTR might beat it, but I'll take the Aventador anyday over even the fastest GTR, it's just too damn sexy.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #32
aznazasin
AznAzasin
United_States
Rep
Drives: FG E92 M3 | LSB E46 M3 | F80 M

Id take the Aventador any day of the week. The GTR is quick no doubt and thanks for posting.
Appreciate 0