BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

07-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #23
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
Dating = free game. Being in a relationship = mutually exclusive.
Agreed. That's the rule I try to live by.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #24
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Dating = free game. Being in a relationship = mutually exclusive.
Truth

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #25
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Depends....if it was an unexpected kiss, that's one thing. If it was an anticipated one or a prolonged kiss, that's different and subject to your moral dilemna; although one might ask why you would have a married woman you just met back to your place, al beit with other people, w/o her SO present for drinks. Regardless, if you are not fond of cheaters or enablers of cheaters, let her go.

For whatever reason, she is out on the prowl and I would find it hard to believe that she is in search of love.

IMO, move on. Nothing good will come from the situation.
I mean, it wasn't incredibly unexpected because I knew it could go that way but I would NEVER have been the one to initiate; but omission from stopping it puts me at just as much fault I guess. I never thought about how wrong it is to even invite a married girl back to my place despite being with people. I remember earlier in the evening she said something about my hair and she goes "I'm married....I can't go running my hands through another man's hair." I think it's a slippery slope situation because I kept subconsciously justifying that I wasn't doing anything wrong or actively putting the situation into play. I guess now that my head is clear, I can see exactly all the many wrong steps I made, let alone her actions too. Don't feel all that proud about it all.

Quote:
Stay out of it. She's married and cheating, which is about as low as I gets in my book. If she were smart she'd take matters into her own hands and discuss her sex issues with her husband. If he's not willing to fulfill that aspect of the relationship then she should get divorced and go do what she wants. As much as I hate cheaters, I share an almost equal amount of hatred for people that have the intent to mess with the integrity of others' relationships.

Think about that karma dude.
Karma is the most important rule I live by since I'm not an overly religious person and this is my struggle I've been having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Personally I respect girls that let others know that they're taken when they are. It doesn't stop guys from hitting on them though. And of course it's okay for the guys to hope that they get a shot with that girl (or girls). The thing is that if it happens it's not likely to be a long lasting relationship. I know girls that jump to another guy very shortly after a breakup. Guess what? It never lasts.

Here's my rule of thumb: if a girl has just started dating, it's okay to go after her. To me when you're dating it's okay to date other people. When they've become exclusive and enter into a relationship (something like 4-6 months) then they're off limit. It's okay to be friends but anything more than that is a no no. So since this girl is married, no matter what kind of problem she's having with her marriage, she's off limit. You should advise her to talk to her husband about it.
We did not exchange contact info because we knew nothing good could come from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
one of the easiest ways to get laid is to meet girls that are in bad relationships. they either lack the physical or emotional part of their relationship, so the minute they feel another guy will provide that, they will be attracted to the attention. simple compliments and nice gestures is all it may take.

that being said, a lot of the girls i have known who have cheated on their boyfriends/husbands have ended up staying with them. they end up going back to reality instead of chasing the fantasy. also, girls sometimes use other guys to make their significant other step up in the relationship. if a guy feels he is losing his girl and still cares for her, he will change his ways...and sometimes that's all the girl is trying to accomplish.

Werd. I've never met someone who was so happy to receive the simplest of compliments and attention. She was probably starved for attention of any sort from a man. In all honesty, if her slip up makes her realize she has to work through problems and it ends up making them stronger, then I'm glad it happened for their sake. I don't even have the luxury of blaming alcohol since I was the designated driver and thus had maybe 2-3 drinks tops through the course of the entire night.

Last edited by Edward; 07-11-2010 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2010, 11:53 PM   #26
Elie335
ايلي ٣٣٥ هاهاها
St Pierre and Miquelon
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
one of the easiest ways to get laid is to meet girls that are in bad relationships. they either lack the physical or emotional part of their relationship, so the minute they feel another guy will provide that, they will be attracted to the attention. simple compliments and nice gestures is all it may take.

that being said, a lot of the girls i have known who have cheated on their boyfriends/husbands have ended up staying with them. they end up going back to reality instead of chasing the fantasy. also, girls sometimes use other guys to make their significant other step up in the relationship. if a guy feels he is losing his girl and still cares for her, he will change his ways...and sometimes that's all the girl is trying to accomplish.
+100000
      07-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #27
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

I agree.

karma will get you someday. be smart and make the right choice bro.

Quote:
Stay out of it. She's married and cheating, which is about as low as I gets in my book. If she were smart she'd take matters into her own hands and discuss her sex issues with her husband. If he's not willing to fulfill that aspect of the relationship then she should get divorced and go do what she wants. As much as I hate cheaters, I share an almost equal amount of hatred for people that have the intent to mess with the integrity of others' relationships.

Think about that karma dude.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 12:28 AM   #28
325ispeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
agreed...what goes around comes around..so karma eventually comes back to kick you in the butt..but idk...kinda easy to tell when your chick is messin around..but then again you got to think..would you want that happenin to you??

e90 325i: mods so far... carbon fiber trim, depo fronts, custom exhaust with supersprint muffler, cai....
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 02:42 AM   #29
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
I wouldn't do it..
the first time when you didn't know.. not your fault.. but knowingly do it, blah

it would suck for someone to do it to me, so I wouldn't want to do it to anyone.
if she leaves her husband, and then goes for you, then good.. but otherwise, stay away from that.. plenty of other girls that look as good if not better out there
      07-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #30
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Cheating is fine, as long as you're not banging my wife

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #31
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
^^lol. Personally I would say go for it. How may times do you actually get a crack at a perfect 10? Not often in my experience.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #32
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

Quote:
Am I a prick for not stopping her from cheating on her husband? I felt awful and would want to strangle a guy who didn't care if my future wife were married to me. I'm 27 and she was only a few years older than me and they were married for maybe a few years.
Stay on the high road and avoid her and women like this in general. If you don't condone cheating then don't reward it by offering yourself up. In the long run all things come full circle.

Quote:
This forum amazes me...situations like this, people say its ok and go for it. however when someone says *they* are the one being cheated on, this forum says to kill the guy, etc etc etc.

If you know it, stay far far away...there are enough crazy people in the world...and if you're the one being the catalyst for the cheating... it's not worth some of the repercussions.
I was going to say the same thing regarding the double standard that often emerges on the boards.