BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

06-22-2022, 06:42 PM   #177
SilverSlug
Hey, where have you been all my life?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlug View Post
Thank you for taking the time to sift through all of my old threads. I'm flattered.

But, respectfully… Everything you wrote is complete none sense.

I guess I'm not allowed to ask about upgrading my brakes because your experience suggests that it's not needed, ya?

It's also not permissible for me to ask about "Best Dyno in San Francisco?" because God forbid someone chimes in with a recommendation in a nearby town, right?

And the whole GTS tune thing, which you and others keep twisting around, started when SOMEONE ELSE brought up GTS tunes on a thread I started to ask if "anyone passed smog with a tune", given California's new (July 21, 2021) smog law… it wasn't me who brought it up, dude. My clarification question was whether the new hardware/software that Cali smog stations are now using to check/fail for ANY tune, also check transmission modules (even though they aren't part of emissions). I guess I'm allowed to ask that?

So… none of the instances you listed are examples of where I've been rude, "highjacked a thread", nor lead any "circular arguments."

Instead, just more personal attacks you try to justify by your supreme, grandstand knowledge of "tuning cars"… since questions you deem "elementary" are not allowed either, ya?

But I'm the one gaslighting? Lol.
No, but these are things where most people would tell you to . It's all out there. Google, old threads and other forums have the information.

When an adult comes and ask me what a dog is, or what a cat is, I really do not understand where that comes from. Then if someone says there is a pet called a catdog in a thread and then you'll ask in another thread about the catdog and how to get such a pet? Much of this is common sense!
Huh? Hardly a coherent analogy, but posts like that should be taken seriously, ya?

Regarding reading old threads… What do you think I was doing when I commented on a 10yr old thread?

And the topic of this thread now is your assessment of the type of questions I ask?

Dude, what?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 10:55 AM   #178
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Huh? Hardly a coherent analogy, but posts like that should be taken seriously, ya?

Regarding reading old threads… What do you think I was doing when I commented on a 10yr old thread?

And the topic of this thread now is your assessment of the type of questions I ask?

Dude, what?
Yes, you bumped a thread that was 3 pages into a 9 page thread. Most of it is you asking questions over and over.

You not understanding what 240e is, you not believing EAS, BPM and others telling you a spark plug change can add +20hp, and you arguing what others say makes no sense.

And the whole time, you got a Dinan tune and don't really care to get another tune anyway - why even bump this thread about custom tunes if you already tuned the car and are happy with your purchase?
      06-23-2022, 11:40 AM   #179
SilverSlug
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Dude, what?
Yes, you bumped a thread that was 3 pages into a 9 page thread. Most of it is you asking questions over and over.

You not understanding what 240e is, you not believing EAS, BPM and others telling you a spark plug change can add +20hp, and you arguing what others say makes no sense.

And the whole time, you got a Dinan tune and don't really care to get another tune anyway - why even bump this thread about custom tunes if you already tuned the car and are happy with your purchase?
Dude. I was content back on page 6… the last 3 pages are me defending myself from name calling, gaslighting and ad hominem attacks from wannabe forum police trying to tell me which questions are okay to ask or which are too elementary.

And for the millionth time… My inquiry with EAS was in regards to gains in the car that DID NOT RECEIVE FRESH SPARK PLUGS. Jesus. And I'm the one asking things over and over, right?

Referring to DATA on a dyno chart is not a matter of "belief", and just because I'm content with a tune, means I can't ask/inquire about different ones? What are you trying to achieve now?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 12:27 PM   #180
Z K
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Dude. I was content back on page 6… the last 3 pages are me defending myself from name calling, gaslighting and ad hominem attacks from wannabe forum police trying to tell me which questions are okay to ask or which are too elementary.

And for the millionth time… My inquiry with EAS was in regards to gains in the car that DID NOT RECEIVE FRESH SPARK PLUGS. Jesus. And I'm the one asking things over and over, right?

Referring to DATA on a dyno chart is not a matter of "belief", and just because I'm content with a tune, means I can't ask/inquire about different ones? What are you trying to achieve now?
And you continue to press EAS regarding that... they already said that was due to a spark plug change. Without their response to clarify, will you not be satisfied?

No, the last 3 pages are not that, it is because you refuse to believe what others say and continue this thread regardless of what others tell you in your quest to get the "truth".

The dyno chart does show a car getting a 231e update as you point out. Even resetting adaptions will give you a temporary increase so that may be what's shown as well.

What are you hoping to gain from this? Are you hoping your car will magically gain 20hp now from arguing with vendors on a message thread? Or do you want a public apology from EAS for confusing you? Why not just call them on the phone and ask directly? Their offices are in SoCal, it's not far from SF.

Last edited by Z K; 06-23-2022 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 01:29 PM   #181
SilverSlug
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

And you continue to press EAS regarding that... they already said that was due to a spark plug change. Without their response to clarify, will you not be satisfied?

No, the last 3 pages are not that, it is because you refuse to believe what others say and continue this thread regardless of what others tell you in your quest to get the "truth".

The dyno chart does show a car getting a 231e update as you point out. Even resetting adaptions will give you a temporary increase so that may be what's shown as well.

What are you hoping to gain from this? Are you hoping your car will magically gain 20hp now from arguing with vendors on a message thread? Or do you want a public apology from EAS for confusing you? Why not just call them on the phone and ask directly? Their offices are in SoCal, it's not far from SF.
Okay LOL, it's pretty clear you're just trying to gaslight (or are you okay?)

For the zillionth time… I was referring to the car that —> DID NOT GET FRESH PLUGS <—

Nobody confused me. I bumped the thread asking about gains from a BMW 231E software update, they responded that it wouldn't be possible, which was a direct contradiction to their advertisement of tuning services referencing their dyno charts showing 20hp gains solely from a software update (SAME PLUGS). I simply asked a question.

I'm not continuing to press EAS for anything, you and others keep bring it up lol. I even apologized for just asking a question that resulted in them inadvertently exposing themselves. They're obviously an experienced shop, so whether they were still learning about adaptations, or it was a typo, or whatever it was... IDC. I'm done. I'm satisfied (since page 6). Why perpetuate?

The only one arguing here (about idk what) is you 😆
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 01:55 PM   #182
Tut4u2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M3 Conversion

Quote:
I even apologized for just asking a question that resulted in them inadvertently exposing themselves.
That sentence right there is a microcosm of what others in this thread keep saying repeatedly; you're being pedantic.
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2022, 02:14 PM   #183
SilverSlug
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tut4u2 View Post
Quote:
I even apologized for just asking a question that resulted in them inadvertently exposing themselves.
That sentence right there is a microcosm of what others in this thread keep saying repeatedly; you're being pedantic.
That sentence was a direct response to Z K bringing up that very topic.

And given that people have clearly been chiming in without reading the entire thread, one must be pedantic to provide as much clarification and context in each post.

Respectfully, if you'd like to oblige, please feel free to reword that very sentence in a way that would make you (or others) not feel as threatened or annoyed (or that I'm being too pedantic), while still clarifying the point.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 02:43 PM   #184
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Quote:
Respectfully, if you'd like to oblige, please feel free to reword that very sentence in a way that would make you (or others) not feel as threatened or annoyed (or that I'm being too pedantic), while still clarifying the point.
No ones threatened by you. Annoyed? Yes, extremely.
      06-23-2022, 02:51 PM   #185
SilverSlug
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossypiboma View Post
Quote:
Hmm it's interesting you just really needed chime in with that

I'm still open to any constructive criticism.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 03:04 PM   #186
Z K
Major General
Rep

Quote:

For the zillionth time… I was referring to the car that —> DID NOT GET FRESH PLUGS <—

Nobody confused me. I bumped the thread asking about gains from a BMW 231E software update, they responded that it wouldn't be possible, which was a direct contradiction to their advertisement of tuning services referencing their dyno charts showing 20hp gains solely from a software update (SAME PLUGS). I simply asked a question.

I'm not continuing to press EAS for anything, you and others keep bring it up lol. I even apologized for just asking a question that resulted in them inadvertently exposing themselves. They're obviously an experienced shop, so whether they were still learning about adaptations, or it was a typo, or whatever it was... IDC. I'm done. I'm satisfied (since page 6). Why perpetuate?

The only one arguing here (about idk what) is you ��
I'm arguing with you, I'm not arguing with EAS and BPM, and everyone else on this thread as you have been doing. That continues between you and others well past page 6.

We have no beef with anything EAS/BPM/others have said, but you do. So as I said, if you really want to know what EAS posted and why you see a hp increase, you need to ask them directly. Yet you want to argue with everyone else who questions your groundbreaking finding and you are single handedly responsible for EAS to "inadvertently exposing themselves".

Quote:
Yes, quite annoying.
      06-23-2022, 03:26 PM   #187
SilverSlug
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The only one arguing here (about idk what) is you ��
I'm arguing with you, I'm not arguing with EAS and BPM, and everyone else on this thread as you have been doing. That continues between you and others well past page 6.

We have no beef with anything EAS/BPM/others have said, but you do. So as I said, if you really want to know what EAS posted and why you see a hp increase, you need to ask them directly. Yet you want to argue with everyone else who questions your groundbreaking finding and you are single handedly responsible for EAS to "inadvertently exposing themselves".

Quote:
Yes, quite annoying.
I have no beef with anyone. And I'm also not the one to keep bringing up EAS

This whole thing got started precisely because I asked that very question (about gains from software tunes and dyno chart)… I should ask again??

And nobody has yet questioned my "groundbreaking finding", they just keep referencing fresh spark plugs regarding a car that didn't get them (apologize if too pedantic here).

Anyway, thank you for all of your insights. Btw my offer stands if you ever want to borrow my Dinan cable
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 03:30 PM   #188
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Quote:
Anyway, thank you for all of your insights. My offer stands if you ever want to borrow my Dinan cable
What would he do with your Dinan cable? The tune is locked to your VIN.
      06-23-2022, 03:36 PM   #189
SilverSlug
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossypiboma View Post
Quote:
Anyway, thank you for all of your insights. My offer stands if you ever want to borrow my Dinan cable
What would he do with your Dinan cable? The tune is locked to your VIN.
Well, as mentioned earlier in the thread… if he ever decided to get the best tune available for the M3 (my personal opinion of course), he could save $100 by purchasing just the Dinan tune for $199 and using my cable to install it (as opposed to the tune + cable for $299).

Although perhaps any other INPA K+DCAN cable could work. I just got the Dinan one because I didn't want to risk bricking my ECU, since I wasn't too savvy with tuning cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 06:21 PM   #190
Tut4u2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
he could save $100 by purchasing just the Dinan tune for $199 and using my cable to install it
The cable is vin locked; i.e. unless he changes the VIN on his DME, he wouldn't be able to use your cable to install the Dinan tune.
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2022, 08:49 PM   #191
SilverSlug
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
he could save $100 by purchasing just the Dinan tune for $199 and using my cable to install it
The cable is vin locked; i.e. unless he changes the VIN on his DME, he wouldn't be able to use your cable to install the Dinan tune.
Interesting, I didn't know that.

Are you by any chance thinking of the piggyback tune that stays plugged into the car?

Do you happen to know how BMW dealers installed the tune? What cable they used?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 07:34 AM   #192
Tut4u2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Are you by any chance thinking of the piggyback tune that stays plugged into the car?

I'm not aware of a piggyback tune/DME offering for this platform; the regular E90 can leverage a JB4. Can't speculate as to how the dealer installed the tune.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 01:21 PM   #193
SilverSlug
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not aware of a piggyback tune/DME offering for this platform; the regular E90 can leverage a JB4. Can't speculate as to how the dealer installed the tune.
Indeed, you're right. I spoke to a Dinan tech today, he confirmed that the cable is indeed VIN locked, and if opting to buy just the tune (without the cable) would require doing it through a Dinan registered dealer shop, which uses their proprietary cables to upload the tune.

I guess I won't be meeting Z K after all, unless it's for a brewski
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 03:45 PM   #194
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Arguing on the internet generally isn't worth it and doesn't accomplish anything (other than provide me with reading material while on the can). I think people who disagree have made their points, no need to repeat indefinitely.
Appreciate 2
jp1984506.00