BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

01-05-2015, 01:07 PM   #45
RogEphedra
Darkhorse v1.1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Jet Black M3 Coupe

I posted on multiple threads so that people who were researching the problem had a definitive solution to their problem. I often do hours of research trying to find out the source of a problem with my car, and never get a clear answer because people chime in with their opinions. It's "bad gas", "cold weather", "idle control valve", "DME", throttle actuators", “operating as designed”, the list goes on. If you read the threads, some people took their cars in and the dealer wouldn't acknowledge or couldn't re-create the problem, or their car sat at the dealer for days/weeks without a solution. I'm trying to help people avoid that by telling them what appears to me to be the definitive solution to the fluctuating idle problem after filling up with gas. Yeah, lots of people know it’s the solution, and lots of people researching the problem don’t know it’s the solution. My posts are for those that don’t yet know.

I'm not proud of myself. I didn't figure anything out. Other members did. I'd rather not even post, but I wanted to help people out who were researching this problem just like I was. I wanted to give them a definitive solution rather than them having to read for hours on end and chase 10 different potential fixes. That's it. That was my only motivation.
Appreciate 2
ualdrivr158.50