BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

08-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
cacofonix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red M3 E92 ZCP

Information wrong on tracking website

Hi Everyone,

I got my production # from the dealer, but when I entered it into the BMW website, it gives me a different car (different color, different options etc.). I emailed my dealer, and he said the following:

"That was the original color the car should have been. We changed the car and all the options when we ordered it."

What does this mean? Will the information on the website be updated sometime?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
kiloil
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Better get on the horn with your dealership firstly, then contact BMW USA secondly. I would do this ASAP. Have the dealer send you your buyers order and look and see.
      08-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloil View Post
Better get on the horn with your dealership firstly, then contact BMW USA secondly. I would do this ASAP. Have the dealer send you your buyers order and look and see.
+1 I would be freaking out... didnt even order mine yet and im worried that their gonna get my damn order wrong !
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Rich_Jenkins
Riff Raff Refugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500

The BMW web site tracking is infamous for wrong config during production.

You'd think this would have been fixed.

I've seen post after post like this since 2006 at least.

Not sure why this is so hard for them.

Chances are good your car will be received exactly as you specified.

Mine did.
Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post

Mine did.
^ This. OP, seriously don't worry. The same thing happened to me. It showed whatever spec the dealer had created for that allocation when they expected to have it as a car on the lot before I took that slot for my ordered car. BMW USA's website takes forever to update the spec, in fact for me even after the color was corrected, some of my options were missing from the list, but the car arrived exactly as I ordered it. And don't even get me started on the status indicators. It still said my car was being transported to my local BMW dealer after I'd already had it for 2 weeks.

Bottom line: Make sure you have a printed copy of your build sheet from your dealer. You should have gotten this when you ordered the car and signed off on it to confirm its accuracy. If that's right, then you're fine. If it's wrong, then call your dealer ASAP to get it corrected.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 08-30-2012 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
jpan08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e36 M3, e92 M3, Triumph 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post

Mine did.
+1 ^^

same thing happened for me, don't worry
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
cacofonix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red M3 E92 ZCP

Great. This forum is so helpful and puts my fears to rest.

You would think that BMW which makes tall claims about technology would have had this part ironed out. Apparently not. So, I guess the status indicator is also not correct? How would I know when I will get my car?

Thanks a ton!

PS: The sheet titled "ORDER" on which I signed has all the correct options.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Happened to me as well. What happens is the dealer has a production slot which is available and they order a car for general inventory. That is what shows initially in the system when you look online. After a few days the system will update.

When I ordered my M3 it was originally a 335 my dealer was ordering for their inventory. They gave me that production slot and changed the order to my specs. My first look online showed the 335 as my dealer had ordered it.

I say don't worry, even when the system updates it may not show all your options. To be sure, get a copy of your order from the dealer listing all options...
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #9
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

Mine was all wrong too during the build. I was told that they recycle the production numbers so at times you will actually be seeing the previous build and not yours. Great tracking system BMW has .
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
Keik E92 M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW  [9.00]
2011 BMW 335i  [6.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceSext View Post
Better get on the horn with your dealership firstly
WTF Another BOT copying pasting shit again...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:42 AM   #11
Chris M4CS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacofonix View Post
Hi Everyone,

I got my production # from the dealer, but when I entered it into the BMW website, it gives me a different car (different color, different options etc.). I emailed my dealer, and he said the following:

"That was the original color the car should have been. We changed the car and all the options when we ordered it."

What does this mean? Will the information on the website be updated sometime?

Thanks!
I had a similar situation happen to me, so if the dealer says it's OK, it probably is. When I checked mine the dealer accidently ordered the carbon fiber roof when I wanted the moonroof. But because the car already went into production, it could not be changed. To correct the situation, my car had to be reordered so my loaded Mineral White M3 started off as a base black 328i coupe, and it showed this in the tracking info. Once it went into production though, the information changed to my M3. I was a little ticked that my order got screwed up to begin with and a little uneasy seeing that it looked like I was getting a black 328 for a while, but it all worked out in the end and I got my car less than a week later than the first order was due. I understand dealers will do this on occasion to speed up the process.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Don't worry, they're just going to give you the the Superman combo. The classiest of all color combinations on the M.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #13
Rich_Jenkins
Riff Raff Refugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post

Bottom line: Make sure you have a printed copy of your build sheet from your dealer. You should have gotten this when you ordered the car and signed off on it to confirm its accuracy. If that's right, then you're fine. If it's wrong, then call your dealer ASAP to get it corrected.
^ This is the bottom line.
Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #14
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacofonix View Post
You would think that BMW which makes tall claims about technology would have had this part ironed out. Apparently not. So, I guess the status indicator is also not correct? How would I know when I will get my car?

PS: The sheet titled "ORDER" on which I signed has all the correct options.
Yep, pretty irritating. The dealer can always check on your car's true status, but don't pester them TOO much, and many of them proactively notify you anyway for events like your car going into production, getting onto a ship, etc. There's a sticky around here somewhere that even shows how to track the ship your car is on as it crosses the pond. Then of course your dealer will call you when it arrives on the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralWeiss View Post
When I checked mine the dealer accidently ordered the carbon fiber roof when I wanted the moonroof.
Weird, happened to me too, but I caught it before I signed off on the sheet, and since my allocation hadn't yet gone into production by then, it was fine. I guess the dealers just make sure the MSRP shown on the order matches the expected MSRP based on your options, so no-cost options sometimes get missed.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0