BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

07-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #45
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
If it gets smaller and lighter as rumor suggests, a smaller tire would make more sense and provide for lower unsprung weight.
More importantly, also lower rolling resistance. Especially if the rumors of the downsized engine displacement, direct injection and lighter weight are all true, that should yield a significant improvement in fuel economy.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #46
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
If it gets smaller and lighter as rumor suggests, a smaller tire would make more sense and provide for lower unsprung weight.
While true Im not sure they'll come down in tire size. The new power plant will likely make at least as much as the current LS3, traction will suffer if the size it cut down.

I have Z06(325/275) size tires on my C6 and was able to keep the weight damn near close to stock 285/245's with the use of light weight CCW forged wheels. I think thats the way Chevy will go if they're that concerned with the wheels rotational weight. I am curious as the next guy to see what the new Corvette will look like and perform.
Appreciate 0