BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

01-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
canadian stig
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

For all Ontario motorists: Police corruption in action

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crim...limit-speeding

Ah, don't you just love the corruption of our country's biggest mafia group, aka the police?

So, firstly, the guy was flying at 189 km/h in an 80 km/zone When he gets pulled over, the other 2 cops determine he isn't drunk or impaired, so off he goes with a warning. For real! How many civilians would have gotten away without a single ticket while going 109 km/h above the limit????? The cops never stop bragging to the media about how many stunt driving charges they lay, and how many licenses they suspend, and how many cars they impound. If it was any of us, they cops would have taken our licenses and cars for a week, and abandoned us by the side of the road to fend for ourselves. Yet this guy gets off without even a slap on the wrist.

But hey, it gets better. Several weeks later, the supervisors find out about the incident, so they "internally discipline" the 2 cops involved. But we're not told what exactly was this "discipline". A spanking? A slap on the wrist? Or did the supervisors simply tell santa not to get those 2 cops candy cane for x-mas? And then they charge the off duty cop with speeding, but not stunt driving. Why? Plenty of civilians who went 55 km/h over the limit were charged with stunt driving. Yet this guy speeds by twice that amount yet only gets a far less serious speeding charge?

And cops wonder why everyone doesn't like or trust them that much.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
What's more disturbing to me is the fact that they can change the charge after the inital ticket was given.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
CorrectoMan
Correcto///Man
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
Ah, don't you just love the corruption of our country's biggest mafia group, aka the police? ... And cops wonder why everyone doesn't like or trust them that much.
He's an idiot for driving that fast and got (less than) what he deserved.

It also seems like you're painting every cop with the same brush; something you wouldn't want done to you. It could be race, skin colour, clothes you wear or the car you drive, you wouldn't want to be painted with the same brush as someone else who did something stupid that happened to drive the same car as you, or be of the same race as you, etc.

Having said that, Police Officers are held at a higher standard than civilians - and that's what makes this incident even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
What's more disturbing to me is the fact that they can change the charge after the inital ticket was given.
Most provincial charges, like speeding in the HTA, can be laid up to 6 months after the date of the offence.
      01-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
Superfly_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Actually I'm very happy that the supervisor stepped his foot down. Good for him to show an example. Most cops will not write a ticket to another cop. This is an unspoken rule.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #5
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

There is corruption in every kind of jobs. And not everyone dislike cops, there are some nice cops around too. And nice doesn't necessarily mean not giving you speeding tickets when you are clearly speeding.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
OP ... I think your line of ....

quote ...

Ah, don't you just love the corruption of our country's biggest mafia group, aka the police?

end of quote

Is totally unfair and uncalled for ... Police Officers have a tough job and put there life on the line many a times to uphold the laws of the land, for you to make such comparisons is just not right, in my humble opinion.

Just saying.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
OP ... I think your line of ....

quote ...

end of quote

Is totally unfair and uncalled for ... Police Officers have a tough job and put there life on the line many a times to uphold the laws of the land, for you to make such comparisons is just not right, in my humble opinion.

Just saying.
Tough job? This isn't mexico or afghanistan. What's so difficult about being a cop in canada? Risking their life? get real. You can count on one hand the number of cops killed in canada by criminals in the last decade. far more construction workers, electricians, miners, roofers, etc die every year on the job than cops. And yes, they definitely act like a gang. In fact I'd be surprised if more than 1% of cops would actually ticket/arrest a colleague if they see him doing something wrong.

If it was you who was doing 189 km/h, then you can be assured that your precious cops would have immediately suspended your license and took your car for a week, instead of letting you go with a "warning" like they did to their buddy. Something for you to think about before you defend them next time.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Tough job? This isn't mexico or afghanistan. What's so difficult about being a cop in canada? Risking their life? get real.
What does that mean?

You know, the more of your posts I read, the more I can't decide if you are an elegant troll or just obtuse.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
What does that mean?

You know, the more of your posts I read, the more I can't decide if you are an elegant troll or just obtuse.
You missed the reference? It means they aren't fighting drug dealing gangs armed with machine guns and RPGs. Maybe a mirror would help you find the obtuse one here. Oh and you're the one replying to my thread, so you're the troll here, einstein.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
Rich_Jenkins
Riff Raff Refugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500

Quote:
You missed the reference? It means they aren't fighting drug dealing gangs armed with machine guns and RPGs. Maybe a mirror would help you find the obtuse one here. Oh and you're the one replying to my thread, so you're the troll here, einstein.
Welcome to m3post.

I'm sure you will make lots of friends here.
Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #11
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post
Welcome to m3post.

I'm sure you will make lots of friends here.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #12
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post

Just saying.
Quote:
Tough job? This isn't mexico or afghanistan. What's so difficult about being a cop in canada? Risking their life? get real. You can count on one hand the number of cops killed in canada by criminals in the last decade. far more construction workers, electricians, miners, roofers, etc die every year on the job than cops. And yes, they definitely act like a gang. In fact I'd be surprised if more than 1% of cops would actually ticket/arrest a colleague if they see him doing something wrong.
i sit in the middle here.

easy to hate when you dont need the police, but on the other hand i would bet that statistically speaking being a police officer in Canada is a pretty safe job relative to other countries and jobs.

imho police should be held to an even higher standard of integrity, transparency and trust as regular citizens ESPECIALLY when dealing with one another.

situations like this are damaging to the whole force and the public's confidence, not just the individuals and the officers should be made an example of within reason.
      01-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #13
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
i sit in the middle here.

easy to hate when you dont need the police, but on the other hand i would bet that statistically speaking being a police officer in Canada is a pretty safe job relative to other countries and jobs.

imho police should be held to an even higher standard of integrity, transparency and trust as regular citizens ESPECIALLY when dealing with one another.

situations like this are damaging to the whole force and the public's confidence, not just the individuals and the officers should be made an example of within reason.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #14
justice league
Why try to fit in when you were born to stand out.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90xi 328

Listen don't paint all officers with the same brush. If you think their job isn't dangerous on a daily basis how about going out with them for a ride along. Police officers are the reason we can all sleep safely at night in our homes and carry out our day to day lives in our bubbles. It's always nice that you put all your confidence in he Toronto star by the way as they publish stories after its been edited to suit them.

Think of a country where we policed ourselves and be grateful for what you have. Think about it for a second.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice league View Post
Listen don't paint all officers with the same brush. If you think their job isn't dangerous on a daily basis how about going out with them for a ride along. Police officers are the reason we can all sleep safely at night in our homes and carry out our day to day lives in our bubbles. It's always nice that you put all your confidence in he Toronto star by the way as they publish stories after its been edited to suit them.

Think of a country where we policed ourselves and be grateful for what you have. Think about it for a second.
I don't need to paint them all with the same brush. They do a pretty good job of that themselves. And I don't owe them anything. They don't "protect" us out of the goodness of their hearts, nor because they love us so much. They do it because it's their job, for which they are VERY WELL compensated financially. Other than GM workers in Oshawa, what other job can pay a 6 digit salary while having a high school degree listed as the minimum job requirement?

And if you love and trust the cops so much, what do you have to say about what they did in the G20? Were they also "serving" and "protecting" the public when they falsely arrested, beat up, and tortured innocent civilians and trampled on our constitutional rights all in the name of "security"?

But hey, thanks for playing along.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #16
justice league
Why try to fit in when you were born to stand out.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90xi 328

To point number 1

You go ahead and put a price on your life and tell me what that figure is.....that's what their pay cheques are.......and in the last 8 years there has been a number of police officers killed in the line of duty

http://canada.odmp.org/officer/846-s...t-ryan-russell
http://canada.odmp.org/officer/848-c...garrett-styles
http://canada.odmp.org/officer/829-c...obert-plunkett
http://canada.odmp.org/officer/841-c...s)-otchakovski
http://canada.odmp.org/officer/838-c...(eric)-czapnik
http://canada.odmp.org/officer/842-constable-vu-pham
http://canada.odmp.org/officer/836-p...able-alan-hack
http://canada.odmp.org/officer/786-c...-david-mounsey

JUST TO NAME A FEW........THAT LEFT WIVES, PARENTS AND CHILDREN BEHIND...

Point 2
Were you at the G20 when small business owners were having their shops vandalized or inventory stolen......ooh how about people that took urine and feces wrapped it in paper bags and threw it at officers protecting the leaders of a number of countries.....ALSO EVERYONE WAS GIVEN FAIR WARNING THAT THEY WERE TO LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATLEY........THEY DID WHAT THEY HAD TO DO TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT PEOPLE THAT LIVED, WORKED AND EMPLOYED IN THE DOWNTOWN CORE......

Now i know why you get tickets...

But you can't change a zebra's stripes so continue to have your bias....THANKS
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

3 out of those 8 died in CAR ACCIDENTS! People died in car accidents everyday. Great, you found 5 cops killed by criminals while performing their duty. That's out of how many tens of thousands of cops in the country? I can probably find a list 10 times that size of miners or electricians or construction workers also killed while performing their duty. The point is not that cops are immortal or that they never die. The point is that the occupational risk to their lives has been greatly exaggerated and inflated beyond its actual size.

As for your G20 propaganda drivel I won't even waste my time addressing this nonsensical garbage. Everyone, from the mayor, to the premier, to the Police board, to SIU, to OPIRD, and even the chief of police Bill Blair himself, all admitted that there were serious violations of human rights and attacks on peaceful civilians by the police. So your denials and lies are at about the same level as denying that the earth is round or that humans evolved from apes :rolleyes
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #18
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

it would be more awesome if this conversation didn't have so much animosity built in.

pretty sure A LOT of the G20 security were not actually police officers anyways. hopefully the feces only hit the ones violating human rights.

as for actual police officers; i went to high school with guys who became police officers in Ontario and have competitions to see who can take the longest nap on the job.
      01-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #19
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

i love it when canadians fight.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread