BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #89
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuklball View Post
First change I made, was BBS wheels and back to the PS2's albeit a little wider (275 rear, 255 front)
Great feedback ... that's probably the issue. I've got the stocker 18s and still have Vredestein Wintracs on there. Around february I'm going to get Volks and some PSSs - I'm hoping that makes it much better.

BTW - I had an 05 S4 with stocker wheels and dunlops ... it was rock solid and was great as I lived in MN.

I got the M3 site unseen and never driven because of this board! I'd had Audis for 10 years and while the S4 was great it wasn't ... quite enough.

I've never had a 'vert either, but the combo of both has made me a lifetime vert driver - and moving to Cali helps too.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #90
Nuklball
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Great feedback ... that's probably the issue. I've got the stocker 18s and still have Vredestein Wintracs on there. Around february I'm going to get Volks and some PSSs - I'm hoping that makes it much better.

BTW - I had an 05 S4 with stocker wheels and dunlops ... it was rock solid and was great as I lived in MN.

I got the M3 site unseen and never driven because of this board! I'd had Audis for 10 years and while the S4 was great it wasn't ... quite enough.

I've never had a 'vert either, but the combo of both has made me a lifetime vert driver - and moving to Cali helps too.
You've solved your problem..I guarantee it. I run Blizzaks in the winter and they get me through the slop of winter in NJ, but the car handles like a wet sponge. You will think your S4 was a mail truck once you mount those Michelins.

It's like a math equation. MN + S4 < CA + M3 + vert + PSS
Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 06:14 AM   #91
mofbb
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

I had a e93 335i and I usually put my top down at least 3-4 times a week if the weather is good.

E9X Picture Game: 2 points (Slow sign, Leaves)
Appreciate 0