BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

05-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #199
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhk79 View Post
time to fix up the Lambo
Time to send it to Underground Racing!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #200
sc_tr0jan_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT

Quote:
time to fix up the Lambo
prolly cheaper to claim the m3 as "inoperable" with the dmv and start up a new build

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #201
sc_tr0jan_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
yesh!

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 13 seconds.

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #202
AckM3
Teh Shuffle Fairiez
United_States
Rep
Drives: Teh e92 M3

Screw that, it's time to get into a 911. EvoMS or Protomotive, HPF LOLWUT?
      05-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #203
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihguy View Post
haha the secret is im going back to stock FML =(
that sucks man... i say scrap it & let us drive that thing like a bat out of hell

Quote:
The big question is will you have to pay for the labor or will VF finally step up and cover the labor?
doubt they will... if eric writes a 5000 word essay they might

Quote:
more info on underground racing's lambo's please
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #204
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckM3 View Post
The EVT800 from EvoMS? ESS is good buddies with EvoMS.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #205
johnhk79
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckM3 View Post
lol.. eric and i were talking about that last night and putting it in his m3.. it just turns out to be a $80k project. haha
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #206
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
doubt they will... if eric writes a 5000 word essay they might

more info on underground racing's lambo's please
Eric better ask Lorrie for some help!

Underground Racing Gallardo...

[u2b]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8BwIniaHIUE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8BwIniaHIUE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #207
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
lol.. eric and i were talking about that last night and putting it in his m3.. it just turns out to be a $80k project. haha
A Porsche motor into his M3?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #208
johnhk79
Major
Rep

Quote:
A Porsche motor into his M3?
just fvcking around.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #209
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
just fvcking around.
That would be epic. Fitting a rear engine into a front engine car. But at least it will kill HPF.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #210
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
That would be epic. Fitting a rear engine into a front engine car. But at least it will kill HPF.
it can be done... i've heard of crazier
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 03:33 AM   #211
Shihguy
Private
Rep
Drives: E46

first things first. gotta deal with the tickets and state ref trying to get VF to help me out at least.

Basically they got pulled over in the m3 after bfest. One of their employees was driving the car. Couple of fix it tickets and state ref. they are basically taking no blame for it even though 6 years of owning the car ive never been pulled over myself.

I am will to assume some responsibility, since it is my car, but VF isnt willing to really help me out. They are telling me I have to pay for the tickets in full as well as pay to have the car put back to stock to go to state ref. still kinda in shock of how i am being treated, even though with all the help ive given them. My car didnt need to go to Bfest but they wanted it, so i let them drive it to Bfest. seems like what im hearing the ticket is gonna cost around 1k, maybe more... =( .. FML

Last edited by Shihguy; 05-06-2009 at 04:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 04:48 AM   #212
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
first things first. gotta deal with the tickets and state ref trying to get VF to help me out at least.

Basically they got pulled over in the m3 after bfest. One of their employees was driving the car. Couple of fix it tickets and state ref. they are basically taking no blame for it even though 6 years of owning the car ive never been pulled over myself.

I am will to assume some responsibility, since it is my car, but VF isnt willing to really help me out. They are telling me I have to pay for the tickets in full as well as pay to have the car put back to stock to go to state ref. still kinda in shock of how i am being treated, even though with all the help ive given them. My car didnt need to go to Bfest but they wanted it, so i let them drive it to Bfest. seems like what im hearing the ticket is gonna cost around 1k, maybe more... =( .. FML
VF will not help you out. They are barely staying above water, which shows when they have to charge you to uninstall and reinstall the kit. With the exposure you give to them, it should be included considering the car was under their care at the time of the incident.

As for using your car at Bimmerfest, I think that it was unnecessary. They had 11 cars there. 1 E92 M3 S/C car and 10 E46 M3 S/C cars. Your engine looks a little more bling than the other cars there, but it is essentially the same as their off the shelf kits found in the other cars. Granted you do have a blue intake manifold.

Good luck in deal with VFE. I hope they don't leave you hanging and tell you to basically "go fly a kite."
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #213
johnhk79
Major
Rep

Quote:

Yea, that sucks. This whole thing will cost you a couple grand. Let me know if you need anything.

Quote:
VF will not help you out. They are barely staying above water, which shows when they have to charge you to uninstall and reinstall the kit. With the exposure you give to them, it should be included considering the car was under their care at the time of the incident.

As for using your car at Bimmerfest, I think that it was unnecessary. They had 11 cars there. 1 E92 M3 S/C car and 10 E46 M3 S/C cars. Your engine looks a little more bling than the other cars there, but it is essentially the same as their off the shelf kits found in the other cars. Granted you do have a blue intake manifold.

Good luck in deal with VFE. I hope they don't leave you hanging and tell you to basically "go fly a kite."
You don't really know if they're barely making a profit or not. VF is different from RMS and the other failed FI companies that were out there. They're on the same track with the E46 as AA was with the E36. People have already bought into VF whether they have an M3 or a Caymen.. or whatever. Really, they can remove and reinstall the kit if they wanted to since they basically gave almost free labor to more than a dozen cars on their street kits.

It's easy to see why they used Eric's M3: HPF has a widebody in the next booth; Eric's M3 is known (and likely to win an award at BFest) with a dyno on the side of the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #214
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:

that's horrible! Coming from a business owners stance, i would think that Nik would gladly do it especially since they were in control of your car at the time! Hope everything gets worked out...

what if they blew the motor while driving from BFest? They wouldn't saddle up & take care of the cost either?

Eric ~~> <~~ VFE
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #215
johnhk79
Major
Rep

Quote:
that's horrible! Coming from a business owners stance, i would think that Nik would gladly do it especially since they were in control of your car at the time! Hope everything gets worked out...

what if they blew the motor while driving from BFest? They wouldn't saddle up & take care of the cost either?

Eric ~~> <~~ VFE
yea i agree. +1
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #216
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
sorry to hear about everything Eric. Guess Im not the only unlucky guy coming out of Bimmerfest. Hope everything works out for you.

VF sounds like a bunch of douchebags now.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #217
Shihguy
Private
Rep
Drives: E46

thanks guys, im just trying to work things out. Hope things dont get ugly.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #218
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
thanks guys, im just trying to work things out. Hope things dont get ugly.
call your connections to the chinese mafia & have it taken care of
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #219
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
haha...maybe threaten them with a lawsuit?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #220
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yea, that sucks. This whole thing will cost you a couple grand. Let me know if you need anything.

You don't really know if they're barely making a profit or not. VF is different from RMS and the other failed FI companies that were out there. They're on the same track with the E46 as AA was with the E36. People have already bought into VF whether they have an M3 or a Caymen.. or whatever. Really, they can remove and reinstall the kit if they wanted to since they basically gave almost free labor to more than a dozen cars on their street kits.

It's easy to see why they used Eric's M3: HPF has a widebody in the next booth; Eric's M3 is known (and likely to win an award at BFest) with a dyno on the side of the car.
Yea Eric, let me know if you need any help with dealing in this crappy situation.

It is hilarious when Nik is drunk. It is like truth serum. He was talking about how he wish he knew what $15k looked like during a conversation at the after party of MFest2.

Eric's car is a show car with a VF Stage 2 and get its attention. However, the HPF widebody gets more attention because it makes crazy amount of power it makes. It is a different market between the two companies. $15k vs. $25k+, respectively.

To be honest, the E9x S/C Kit gets a most attention now since it is the new model out. It was a bigger crowd around the E9x S/C kit than around Eric's car. They really didn't need Eric's car there.

Quote:

Eric ~~> <~~ VFE
Like John said, if they can give free labor on those VF SS to John Doe, they should be able to do the same for their elite customer, Eric. Bad business move IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post
sorry to hear about everything Eric. Guess Im not the only unlucky guy coming out of Bimmerfest. Hope everything works out for you.

VF sounds like a bunch of douchebags now.
People talk about the customer service backing of VF and how it is so much better because it is in California.

Quote:
Eric is Taiwanese. The Chinese/Taiwanese debate is a touchy one.
Appreciate 0