BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

03-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Dealer to help find M3?

In the process of looking for a used M3 coupe. Was recently at a local Audi dealer test driving a sedan they had (told them I preferred the coupe after), and they mentioned if I found anything to let them know and they might be able get it wholesale if its an independent dealership. They would then sell me the car if, I liked it, after their normal inspection.

The advantage appear to be:
1- No commitment to buy
2- Car would be local and I could more easily evaluate it
3- Price should be decent if they get a "wholesale" price

Disadvantages
1- I have shown my preferences to the deale rand they could use that to keep their asking price high
2- Just blowing smoke to keep a possible lead

Has anyone had any experience using a local dealership (BMW or other) to help them get a used car?
Does it save any time money or add piece of mind?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
In the process of looking for a used M3 coupe. Was recently at a local Audi dealer test driving a sedan they had (told them I preferred the coupe after), and they mentioned if I found anything to let them know and they might be able get it wholesale if its an independent dealership. They would then sell me the car if, I liked it, after their normal inspection.

The advantage appear to be:
1- No commitment to buy
2- Car would be local and I could more easily evaluate it
3- Price should be decent if they get a "wholesale" price

Disadvantages
1- I have shown my preferences to the deale rand they could use that to keep their asking price high
2- Just blowing smoke to keep a possible lead

Has anyone had any experience using a local dealership (BMW or other) to help them get a used car?
Does it save any time money or add piece of mind?
IMO they never help you locate a used car. It's just too much work on their hand and what if they locate a car for you with undesirable combo? Now they're stuck with it if you don't want it.

Best thing to do is to expand YOUR search area and if you have to travel, so be it.

-John

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0