BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

01-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
2fast0
Private
Rep
Drives: 17 x5m

I also got my Production # today!!

So I got my production number, it's a wk 4 build. Anyone know how to translated that into calender dates?

I just realized that getting the production number is not the most important part. it's the build week that's more important. that actually determines how fast ppl can get their car.

I was excited to get the #, finally. After a month's wait, the dealer still wasn't able to get an allocation for my M3 coupe, so I got really irriatated with them and put some pressure on them. The same day, they were able to find an allocation.... Makes me wonder what they were hiding.... and that I would have received my car a month ealier.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

awesome!!! what are your specs?
      01-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez/Fox Red E92 M3

january 25 is the beginning of wk 4, i think
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
Jerktown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3-DCT

Is it weird that I don't have my week number? I put in an order on 1/4, and I got my production number later that night. As soon as I checked it online, I was able to see the car, but it's different colors and slightly different options. When I call the 800 number, it always says "your car is scheduled for production with no confirmed production date." The Internet Sales Manager (who I did the deal with) has since sent me a VIR, and told me that it's going to be about 10 weeks until delivery, but I've asked for the production week number a couple of times in email and he hasn't said anything about that.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
2fast0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerktown View Post
Is it weird that I don't have my week number? I put in an order on 1/4, and I got my production number later that night. As soon as I checked it online, I was able to see the car, but it's different colors and slightly different options. When I call the 800 number, it always says "your car is scheduled for production with no confirmed production date." The Internet Sales Manager (who I did the deal with) has since sent me a VIR, and told me that it's going to be about 10 weeks until delivery, but I've asked for the production week number a couple of times in email and he hasn't said anything about that.
it's weird. he should know a production week number. try asking for a status number too. i believe he should have that info when he logs into his system to check on the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #6
2fast0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
awesome!!! what are your specs?
19''/heated seats/silver leather/AW/Moonroof/

Dont need NAV, assist, ipod because my cell phone can do all that.
Dont wnat to pay for DCT, EDC, Mdrive because I dont think they are worth what they charge. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesisel View Post
january 25 is the beginning of wk 4, i think
How do you figure that? does that mean my car goes into production at the beginning of wk 4 or end or just sometime during the middle?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast0 View Post
19''/heated seats/silver leather/AW/Moonroof/

Dont need NAV, assist, ipod because my cell phone can do all that.
Dont wnat to pay for DCT, EDC, Mdrive because I dont think they are worth what they charge. lol

How do you figure that? does that mean my car goes into production at the beginning of wk 4 or end or just sometime during the middle?
Did you get a coupe or sedan?

As for the production week, that just means the car will enter production during week 4 (the week starting on January 25)
      01-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
Jerktown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast0 View Post
it's weird. he should know a production week number. try asking for a status number too. i believe he should have that info when he logs into his system to check on the car.
Hm. On the Vehicle Inquiry Report he sent me, it has the status code, if that's what you mean by status number. It says "112 - scheduled for daily production pack." Under "Actual production date," it's blank.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #9
2fast0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Did you get a coupe or sedan?
coupe
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 03:20 AM   #10
Cuban///M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerktown View Post
it was probably the car your dealer had set to order, but you took that allocation. same thing happened to me. took a while to update itself.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #11
Juano11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 DCT Coupe

Congrats on your purchase. You'll love it!
Appreciate 0