BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

03-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #67
elgolfman
OEM3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3, 11 335i, 10 X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by eocrm3 View Post
When I took my previous BMW (328i) in for scheduled service a few months back at the BMW Dealership I purchased it from the salesperson who sold it to me saw me in the lobby and asked me if I might be interested in upgrading to a 335i (I had purchased my 328i three years earlier from him). I told him that I was interested in upgrading to a used M3, at which point he told me he had two on the lot. I asked if I could test drive one, to which he replied that it would only be possible after agreeing on a price and securing financing. I told him I'd look elsewhere then.

Fast forward to this past Friday, I purchased my first M3 (2010 Coupe), from another dealer, of course!
Good for you - the dealer was foolish, especially for a return/current customer.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #68
kdphan
Captain
Rep
Drives: everything is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eocrm3 View Post
When I took my previous BMW (328i) in for scheduled service a few months back at the BMW Dealership I purchased it from the salesperson who sold it to me saw me in the lobby and asked me if I might be interested in upgrading to a 335i (I had purchased my 328i three years earlier from him). I told him that I was interested in upgrading to a used M3, at which point he told me he had two on the lot. I asked if I could test drive one, to which he replied that it would only be possible after agreeing on a price and securing financing. I told him I'd look elsewhere then.

Fast forward to this past Friday, I purchased my first M3 (2010 Coupe), from another dealer, of course!
maybe those salesman should start lurking the e90post boards

last couple of cars i've bought, the dealer just threw me and keys and told me to come back with the car when done.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #69
darnelld
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Mystic Blue ZCP E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdphan View Post
it was a used '08 e90 m3 with 40k miles

I just thought it was because i'm 28 and guys my age can't afford an m3?

Been looking elsewhere for an m3 with CPO.

Really sucks because weatherford bmw is literally 1/2 mile from where I live.
weatherford is TERRIBLE. Won't go back there...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #70
skidmarq
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

I recently had a similar experience with a local dealership clearly articulating to me that no test drives would be allowed on a used M3 I was interested in. Granted, I pulled up in my own M3, so the seriousness of my interest should not have been questioned.

The arrogance of the dealership really turned me off, and I left. Fast forward a few weeks and I was now interested in ordering a new M3 and for whatever reason I gave this same dealership a chance to earn my business. I was looking to test drive DCT before finalizing my config (had never driven it and wanted to see how much I loved it before plunking down the extra cash for the option) and this same dealership again told me they couldn't accommodate my request.

Another dealership in the area handed me keys to a brand new DCT equipped M3 within five minutes of me walking through the door. Any guesses on which earned my business?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #71
ussoldierforhire
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92

Screw him, go to another dealer. And then buy the car and return to him with a big fat middle finger. Be sure to show his boss the missed sales op.
      03-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #72
kdphan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnelld View Post
weatherford is TERRIBLE. Won't go back there...
likewise

they won't get another dime from me
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #73
kdphan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldierforhire View Post
Screw him, go to another dealer. And then buy the car and return to him with a big fat middle finger. Be sure to show his boss the missed sales op.
even if some of us decide to bring our business elsewhere, i would not even consider going back to the original dealership and show them the finger.

Just a waste of time.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #74
Nuke818
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

I actually had the completely opposite experience then most. I was able to test drive a 2011 without any problems. The CA I went for the test drive in even had the power button on and told me to just try and keep it under 6000 RPMS. He had no problem with me pushing the car. I did mention that I was serious about buying before I went in and that if I were to I would want to do a special order. After that drive I was in love with the car and had no doubt in my mind that about getting an M3. Brought the build sheet in the next day and started the dreaded wait.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #75
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
I am sure many dealers have had bad experiences with customers and certain vehicles. Thats why they should not turn down a test drive, but go with them instead. At the very least. If you tell me no, Ill go find one that does. Period. Then after I buy the car from them, Ill come back to your dealership and do donuts in front of your lot. Well prob no donuts, but I would show how a sale was lost. Im sure a Gen Manager would be pissed...

I also showed interest and was handed the keys to a E92 with DCT and within a few minutes, was in love. I did have a history with the dealership. And I did buy the car from them via build sheet the next day also (*w/Six spd)... Sale made.
      03-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #76
anthonyrap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 competition package

I had the same problem when purchasing my M3 from a dealer in CT until I showed the salesman a bank receipt, then his attitude changed quickly.

I was 25 at the time and had just come back from playing basketball with some friends and was wearing some gym shorts and a t-shirt. I guess the salesman didn't think a young guy wearing some gym clothes was serious about purchasing a 80k car.

Unfortunately, most dealerships will act this way towards younger guys.

Pull up in a nice car, wearing something decent and most salesmen will allow test drives.
      04-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #77
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

that dealer sucks.

i've driven an is-f and a c63amg without even presenting my license. its all about how you project yourself, i guess.
      04-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #78
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

It's hard to request a test drive looking like this
Attached Images

Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #79
LittleViktor
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive

No problems in MA

I went into a dealership in t-shirt, jeans, baseball cap 5 minutes after they were closed on a Sunday (4pm?!), and I look young for my age (short!). I asked to look at an M3, I had pulled up in a 335xi. Guy found it waaaay in the back (new) with plastic on it. I told him I was very interested, but said I would need to drive it before I would buy, so I could come back another day during normal hours...

Salesman (he was sales manager) said no problem, drive it now. But it would take him a while to get it out from behind all the cars, so why not test drive the same car, but used and in blue, that they had more accessible in the showroom while he got that new car out. So I went out to drive the used one, and the salesman with me told me to push the car and turn on all the features, definitely wasn't holding me back.

When I got back to dealership after like 15/20 min, they had the new one out front and I drove that too, below 5k rpm. Bought that car in about 10 minutes. The test drive of the blue M3 totally sold me, and then driving the new one I knew it was going to be just the same. They stayed like an extra 1:30 to let me drive them on a Sunday, but they made the sale.

I also told them that my friend (girl) would need to test drive it before I could make a final decision, and put down only a deposit. She went by and they let her test drive the new one, and I bought it the next day. A guy friend of mine came with me the day I went to pick up my car from the dealership, and he test drove the used blue M3 BY HIMSELF with no salesman, and he is a young looking guy too. He also pulled up in a 335xi though.

This was Wagner BMW in Shrewsbury, MA. I have nothing but good things to say. No sales pressure, no haggling, and never asked to see anything but license before test drive. In fact they pushed to test drive when I wasn't so sure if I even wanted to. I've purchased 4 other BMWs but never had an easy, stress free experience like that before. I also have purchased other vehicles too.

Last edited by LittleViktor; 04-03-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #80
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

When u pull in in a BMW it's almost a instant sale. They don't call BMW the ultimate driving experience for nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleViktor View Post
I went into a dealership in t-shirt, jeans, baseball cap 5 minutes after they were closed on a Sunday (4pm?!), and I look young for my age (short!). I asked to look at an M3, I had pulled up in a 335xi. Guy found it waaaay in the back (new) with plastic on it. I told him I was very interested, but said I would need to drive it before I would buy, so I could come back another day during normal hours...

Salesman (he was sales manager) said no problem, drive it now. But it would take him a while to get it out from behind all the cars, so why not test drive the same car, but used and in blue, that they had more accessible in the showroom while he got that new car out. So I went out to drive the used one, and the salesman with me told me to push the car and turn on all the features, definitely wasn't holding me back.

When I got back to dealership after like 15/20 min, they had the new one out front and I drove that too, below 5k rpm. Bought that car in about 10 minutes. The test drive of the blue M3 totally sold me, and then driving the new one I knew it was going to be just the same. They stayed like an extra 1:30 to let me drive them on a Sunday, but they made the sale.

I also told them that my friend (girl) would need to test drive it before I could make a final decision, and put down only a deposit. She went by and they let her test drive the new one, and I bought it the next day. A guy friend of mine came with me the day I went to pick up my car from the dealership, and he test drove the used blue M3 BY HIMSELF with no salesman, and he is a young looking guy too. He also pulled up in a 335xi though.

This was Wagner BMW in Shrewsbury, MA. I have nothing but good things to say. No sales pressure, no haggling, and never asked to see anything but license before test drive. In fact they pushed to test drive when I wasn't so sure if I even wanted to. I've purchased 4 other BMWs but never had an easy, stress free experience like that before. I also have purchased other vehicles too.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #81
cwg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 ZCP. AZB on black

The dealer here let me take a new M3 out with no salesman - just told me if i break it I bought it. Bought 2 cars from them previously and my 911 from the GM back when he was a salesman for porsche
Appreciate 0