BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

09-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #67
DesiRoc
Kumar
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E93 335i, S50 E30 325i

The police and surrounding counties all got upgrades to new dodge chargers so it doesn't make a big difference here.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #68
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Thumbs down

lol... yeah, "make it illegal.... blahblahblah people can't make decisions for themselves... more gov't is good" ummm.... no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace_91 View Post
I agree they should have to remove the spot light at least, you cant make them take the antenaes off because they could actually have a CB radio or something stupid. And even though they arent allowed to have the light working it should just be removed before the car is even sold.
Why can't you have a spotlight on your vehicle? Maybe you plan on using it to illuminate darkness? Sounds Iike it should be illegal, right? Right? OMG. Ban flashlights too! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
be careful up there in north jersey though. My wife was being tailgated at night on the PIP by an unmarked Parkway Police car. She sped up slightly so she could move over into the right lane to let him pass and he pulled her over for speeding. Asshole.

OP, policemen ARE civilians...even though they would like you to believe otherwise...
THANK YOU. Everyone, COPS ARE CIVILIANS! ..unless they happen to maybe be in the military as well.

(totally different thread, but I could only imagine some of these sheeple seeing people open carry. OCers must be cop-wannabes too?)
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #69
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Anyone see the new Chargers
Attached Images

09-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #70
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

I hate it when motorcyclist wears white/black helmet. I automatically think it is CHP/local police..

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #71
WWONG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d

You guys do realize there's a difference between a Crown Vic and a Police Interceptor, right?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #72
ibarry92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by express705 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
yup, cause its on 24s
and S10 suspension right?
Black guy?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #73
Gator328i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_25 View Post
"It's got a cop motor, a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks, it was a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas..."
Fix the cigarette lighter!
      09-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #74
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatass View Post
wtf? just drive away and avoid them.
Do you uh. . . know how to uh. . . Read?

Uhhh

- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #75
BreakPoint
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Heres my point of view, from a Police Officer.

When I drive to and from work in my 335, I see the typical north jersey/ny assholes cutting people off, talking on their cellphones, blowing red lights, and generally driving with a total disregard for other peoples safety.

During work, in my MARKED Patrol car, everyone seems to be driving with their hands at 10 and 2. No one has a cell phone, everyone's seat belts are on, drivers are super courteous to pedestrians and police cars, and finally, everyone smiles and waves.

HOWEVER!!!! When I use the blacked out UN-MARKED car, I see the typical north jersey/ny assholes cutting people off, talking on their cellphones, blowing red lights, and generally driving with a total disregard for other peoples safety, only difference now.....I get to surprise the shit out them/you... drive safe everyone.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #76
ibarry92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi

Lol now that's funny.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #77
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakPoint View Post

When I drive to and from work in my 335, I see the typical north jersey/ny assholes cutting people off, talking on their cellphones, blowing red lights, and generally driving with a total disregard for other peoples safety.

During work, in my MARKED Patrol car, everyone seems to be driving with their hands at 10 and 2. No one has a cell phone, everyone's seat belts are on, drivers are super courteous to pedestrians and police cars, and finally, everyone smiles and waves.

HOWEVER!!!! When I use the blacked out UN-MARKED car, I see the typical north jersey/ny assholes cutting people off, talking on their cellphones, blowing red lights, and generally driving with a total disregard for other peoples safety, only difference now.....I get to surprise the shit out them/you... drive safe everyone.
Now that's some great insight!

My example a night I meant I'm driving speed limit, seatbelt, not on cellphone, etc and a unmarked car is coming up on me fast, the worst thing you could do is change lanes cause I've had actual unmarked cars just change lanes and fly by me chasing vehicle ahead of me. Avoiding an accident waiting to happen is the way to go

I think it's pretty hard to discern at night if they are actual unmarked law enforcement vehicles. They are blacked out for a reason
- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -

Last edited by E90MCF; 09-12-2011 at 10:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #78
Gator328i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92 328i

Quote:

Spoken like a typical egomaniacal, authoritarian, oinker.
      09-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #79
Timothy J
Captain
Rep
Drives: Too much

I've come across some instances where people drive like maniacs in the former crown vic cars pretending they're cops going somewhere. Additionally, I've had former crown vics tail gate me expecting me to move over simply because it could be interpreted that it could be a cop car.
2024 BMW M2
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #80
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

I do hate them and most of the time these guys are fat dirty slobs driving with an arm out the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #81
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Lol. Here it is hard to avoid this problem because the police now drive X5s, 5 series (yes even F10 M-sport!!!), 3 series touring, Volvos, Hyundai i30s, Nissan Qashqais, Jukes, even the Focus hatch which is like the most common car here!

Also, they have a Focus ST and Evo X! prob more I can't remember right now. Not all of them are marked, they have so many undercover 530d and E91 tourings.
Attached Images

09-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #82
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep
Drives: around aimlessly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
I do hate them and most of the time these guys are fat dirty slobs driving with an arm out the window.
lol 9/10 times thats true
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #83
Shane23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

couldnt read all of those pages, but although i dislike the fact that i may slow down or yield to them its not their faults, those cars are actually sold to civilians @ police auctions, I believe the only thing the police HAVE to remove before selling are the light and sirens.. everything else i think they tell the buyer to remove, but who's gonna do dat..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #84
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane23 View Post
couldnt read all of those pages, but although i dislike the fact that i may slow down or yield to them its not their faults, those cars are actually sold to civilians @ police auctions, I believe the only thing the police HAVE to remove before selling are the light and sirens.. everything else i think they tell the buyer to remove, but who's gonna do dat..
Once again... COPS ARE CIVILIANS... (unless they're also in the military - as another JOB).

First, IANAL... But, I'm pretty sure that sirens and lights don't automatically mean you're trying to impersonate anyone. I for sure know spot lights don't mean anything... e.g. tow trucks, wreckers, big rigs. Also, strobes are ok. I just believe they all either have to be the same color or can't be red & blue.

Either way, I don't like douche bags in general... and the number of them driving Bimmers is probably higher than those rocking a "sweet" beat to shit Crown Vic. Who cares.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #85
BreakPoint
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator328i View Post
Spoken like a typical egomaniacal, authoritarian, oinker.
Yep, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #86
ZURICH
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Touring M Sport

Quote:
Yep, thanks!
Not your fault, but the truth often hurts, especially when they fit the profile.

keep up the good work.

now this is what you call a police car. UK Lamborghini's and a Smart car!!
plus a ferarri from Italy.
Attached Images

M Sport Package, (PDC), front / rear, Cruise control
Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, Alarm,
Automatic transmission, Panoramic glass roof, Heated Seats, Lumbar etc etc
"I don't Fuck around but when I do, I dont fuck around"
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #87
BreakPoint
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZURICH View Post
Not your fault, but the truth often hurts, especially when they fit the profile.

keep up the good work.

now this is what you call a police car. UK Lamborghini's and a Smart car!!
plus a ferarri from Italy.
Most fit the stereotype.

I wish I had patrol cars like that, our chief wont even let us get the chargers because he feels they're too fast for our city.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #88
ZURICH
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Touring M Sport

Quote:
Most fit the stereotype.

I wish I had patrol cars like that, our chief wont even let us get the chargers because he feels they're too fast for our city.
Tell the chief that speed does not kill..... It's the sudden de-celeration upon impact that does the damage.

M Sport Package, (PDC), front / rear, Cruise control
Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, Alarm,
Automatic transmission, Panoramic glass roof, Heated Seats, Lumbar etc etc
"I don't Fuck around but when I do, I dont fuck around"
Appreciate 0