BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

11-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #133
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecold135i View Post
I just want to pop in and say that this thread has been a thrill to read...I am a political science minor and love to read other peoples opinions on things in the world and specifically in America. Just remember, when the dust settles and the smoke clears, we are all Americans fighting every day to survive.
my pleasure.....I was worried Harold was going to boot me for good.....IMO you can only write so much about the car....I mean, until mid November, things can get very boring......

i agree with you about fighting for survival, but i feel for the ones, especially with children who go without medical treatment and RX.....

=
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #134
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
rather, it was your post that someone earning 45-60k can afford a 30k car.....i will concede that if purchaser lives with mommy and daddy, then yes, it would be affordable with that income......but again, if i was in my 20s living with the folks, I'd have more to worry about than buying a 30k car.....I'd ride a bicycle until i was able to move out.....
Not to really revive this arguement...but when we bought our galant, we were in that range...well maybe a slight tad above, and we could afford it just fine...

Sure it was tight for a bit, but we had plans which worked out and ended up with us being able to clear off the car debt within 6 months...and now because of that it should be pretty easy for me to walk in, pick up a 128 and walk out not owing anything on it...:thumbup:

And that'll be nice...4 yrs worth of warranty/servicing to save up extra $$ for mods later on

...Of course we're also better off now that she's not on mat leave anymore...and living in a country with Healthcare:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #135
buster
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Pricing asside, I believe the car is targeting a younger generation of buyers. The car is small and sporty. It has a few creature comforts but as far a BMW's go it is basic. As a stereotype, older generations do not look for a car that is going to have a stiff ride or lack in comforts. Granted there are those that I race with that are older and enjoying their hard earned money.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #136
Icecold135i
I Fly Icecold No Mistakes
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
IMO you can only write so much about the car....I mean, until mid November, things can get very boring......

i agree with you about fighting for survival, but i feel for the ones, especially with children who go without medical treatment and RX.....
I completely agree with you on both counts...there is only so much you can say about a car before it is even released.

As for the people without medical...while I dont agree with socialized medicine, i also dont agree with how our country does it. I know this doesnt help the situation and doesnt produce a solution, but its going to take maybe a hybrid of hte 2 in order to satisfy the majority. I honestly believe that the vast majority of people are unhappy with how our health system is run today. I believe that everyone is entitled to health care and accidents and emergencies happen. We cannot penalize people for things that are unforseen or not under their control.

However, that being said, I do not agree with people permanently living off welfare and the system. The government should be there to help pick you up and dust your boots off, but it is each individuals responsibility to take that second step and move on in life.

I hope I did not just re-kindle this argument...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 11:08 PM   #137
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster View Post
Pricing asside, I believe the car is targeting a younger generation of buyers. The car is small and sporty. It has a few creature comforts but as far a BMW's go it is basic. As a stereotype, older generations do not look for a car that is going to have a stiff ride or lack in comforts. Granted there are those that I race with that are older and enjoying their hard earned money.
300 hp and 40k ....real basic

=
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #138
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecold135i View Post
I completely agree with you on both counts...there is only so much you can say about a car before it is even released.

As for the people without medical...while I dont agree with socialized medicine, i also dont agree with how our country does it. I know this doesnt help the situation and doesnt produce a solution, but its going to take maybe a hybrid of hte 2 in order to satisfy the majority. I honestly believe that the vast majority of people are unhappy with how our health system is run today. I believe that everyone is entitled to health care and accidents and emergencies happen. We cannot penalize people for things that are unforseen or not under their control.

However, that being said, I do not agree with people permanently living off welfare and the system. The government should be there to help pick you up and dust your boots off, but it is each individuals responsibility to take that second step and move on in life.

I hope I did not just re-kindle this argument...
you make sense...smart and articulate....how refreshing....like a cold diet Dr Pepper

=
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #139
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khobin~ View Post
Not to really revive this arguement...but when we bought our galant, we were in that range...well maybe a slight tad above, and we could afford it just fine...

Sure it was tight for a bit, but we had plans which worked out and ended up with us being able to clear off the car debt within 6 months...and now because of that it should be pretty easy for me to walk in, pick up a 128 and walk out not owing anything on it...:thumbup:

And that'll be nice...4 yrs worth of warranty/servicing to save up extra $$ for mods later on

...Of course we're also better off now that she's not on mat leave anymore...and living in a country with Healthcare:biggrin:
Galant is 30K?

=
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 10:47 AM   #140
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Galant is 30K?
In Canada for the Ralliart one it's over 30k...
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #141
asv
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

The difference between "creature comforts" on the 3 series and 1 series is very slim. The 1 series is definitely performance oriented, but that does not mean BMW is solely targeting the 135i to the 25-35 range. There will be a lot of 35-50 range customers buying a 135i as a second or third vehicle.

The 128i will be the least expensive BMW available. The demographic there will range from 16-65. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of 16yr old brats and middle aged women cruising around in 128's next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #142
M.Suka
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Hopefully old people will drive a little faster with the 135i and stop causing traffic. jk