BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #243
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
some ppl need to realize that JLin is a rookie and a bennch warmer that was cut by two nba teams, almost 3 when the knicks was about to let him go till they had the injuries and thats when he came out and proof that he's got game.

It wasnt like he was the 1st round pick and everyone expected big things from him.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #244
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Damn didn't realize it was an early game today.

That's how you come back from losing after a winning streak--by snapping the mavs' 6-game streak

Looking forward to thu vs. heat, though I'm not too happy about them playing the night before + traveling while the heat chill
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #245
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
lol.. you would make a comment like that after watching a player for 4 total playing minutes..

EDIT: 22 Pts 10 Assist in the first 3 Qtrs... yeah, he sucks..

Final EDIT: 28 Pts 14 Assist 5 Steals 4 Rebounds 7 TOs... Yeah, he's the worst.. All hype for sure...
Lol, just so we can be clear ... Knicks don't win this game without JR Smith or Novak... As good as Lin was, it was a good all around game for the bench.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #246
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
I have, he set the record for most turnovers through 8 starts...everyone of those turnovers is an easy 2 for the heat
He has the ball about 80% of the time. his turnover stats is pretty much his team's turnover stats. And the reason why he's turning it over is because he's aggressive + opponent's good defense/trap.

If you want him to just pass the ball to his teammates whenever he has the ball, I'm sure he won't get any turnovers. His passes actually have an intention. Most of his passes are for assists. He's not playing volleyball with his teammates. I'm guessing because he understands there's no other play makers in his team, so he's forced to create that opportunity and make the last pass.

I'm okay with his turnovers. I'm sure his numbers will go down later when he improves even better....or at least when Melo comes in and hogs the ball.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #247
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

LINSANE!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #248
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
Lol, just so we can be clear ... Knicks don't win this game without JR Smith or Novak... As good as Lin was, it was a good all around game for the bench.
Smith scored 6 points on 2 Lin assists in the second half... He also scored 15 points on 15 shots.. 15 shots.. I will repeat that one more time... 15 shots... Novak has been there every game we have won in our recent streak... This must be one of your first times watching a Knick game during the run.. That is okay though.. You will see more..

Lin had a phenomenal game. There is no arguing that. He also proved that the Knicks are completely lost on offense without him.. Let's hope Baron Davis is able to solve that lil dilemma.

Can't wait to see this offense with Anthony..

Last edited by NYCGP; 02-19-2012 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #249
Caspita
Turbo Guru
Rep
Drives: 2011.99 E92 ///M

Quote:
I have to say it's exciting to see New York be relevant again. But the comment quoted above is the one I'm most anxious to see about. Somebodys stats are going to have to suffer in order for it to work. And unfortunately it will probably be Lin. When Wade was out for some 7-8 games this season Bosh was averaging some 26 points a game. With Wade back he understands his role and averages some 15 points a game. Is he a great individual player without Wade on the court....ABSOLUTELY. Are the heat a better team when all of them are on the court....ABSOLUTELY. I have a feeling it will be a similar situation in New York, but that being said I am most definitely excited for New York, and will anxiously await the game on Thursday.

Casp Media |
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #250
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspita View Post
I have to say it's exciting to see New York be relevant again. But the comment quoted above is the one I'm most anxious to see about. Somebodys stats are going to have to suffer in order for it to work. And unfortunately it will probably be Lin. When Wade was out for some 7-8 games this season Bosh was averaging some 26 points a game. With Wade back he understands his role and averages some 15 points a game. Is he a great individual player without Wade on the court....ABSOLUTELY. Are the heat a better team when all of them are on the court....ABSOLUTELY. I have a feeling it will be a similar situation in New York, but that being said I am most definitely excited for New York, and will anxiously await the game on Thursday.
I don't care how many points Lin has... I care about how many Assists he has.. He is a point guard.. He understands that.
      02-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #251
Caspita
Turbo Guru
Rep
Drives: 2011.99 E92 ///M

Quote:
I don't care how many points Lin has... I care about how many Assists he has.. He is a point guard.. He understands that.
Would you as New York fan still love him if he scored 7 points, and had 11 assists and 6 turnovers to go with that....although I suppose at the end of the day it's the W that matters.

Casp Media |
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #252
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Smith scored 6 points on 2 Lin assists in the second half... He also scored 15 points on 15 shots.. 15 shots.. I will repeat that one more time... 15 shots... Novak has been there every game we have won in our recent streak... This must be one of your first times watching a Knick game during the run.. That is okay though.. You will see more..

Lin had a phenomenal game. There is no arguing that. He also proved that the Knicks are completely lost on offense without him.. Let's hope Baron Davis is able to solve that lil dilemma.

You are right about one thing, this Knicks team SUCKS without him on the court. Being a bay area guy, lets just say I followed Lin when he was playing...wait let me rephrase when he was sitting on GS bench and hooping under Mussleman at Reno. His game def improve significantly since last year however you probably follow Lin like anyone else... all 8 games ago, so while the 15 shot is great, I'm sure he will tell you he needed every one of Novak's and Smith's 3's to win this game.

Regardless, he is damn entertaining to watch on TV, so I cant imagine how much fun it is to watch in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspita View Post
Would you as New York fan still love him if he scored 7 points, and had 11 assists and 6 turnovers to go with that....although I suppose at the end of the day it's the W that matters.
Good point a win is a win... IMO a good PG should have like a 3-1 assists to turnover ratio 3:1 and the elites are 4:1. And yes, turnovers matters... =)

Last edited by Simon_135i; 02-19-2012 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #253
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Still need to work on his TO's, but they are winning with him leading the team and that's all that matters in my book.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #254
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
You are right about one thing, this Knicks team SUCKS without him on the court. Being a bay area guy, lets just say I followed Lin when he was playing...wait let me rephrase when he was sitting on GS bench and hooping under Mussleman at Reno. His game def improve significantly since last year however you probably follow Lin like anyone else... all 8 games ago, so while the 15 shot is great, I'm sure he will tell you he needed every one of Novak's and Smith's 3's to win this game.

Good point a win is a win... IMO a good PG should have like a 3-1 assists to turnover ratio 3:1 and the elites are 4:1. And yes, turnovers matters... =)
JR Smith had 15 points on 15 shots.. half of his points were scored on 3's.. There is nothing great about 15 points on 15 shots...

Lin had 28 on 20 shots.. Can obviously see the difference.. Smith is great instant offense.. But, I would rather have a healthy Carmello. We will see.. I am a Knick fan.. Making the argument that I didn't start following Lin until 8/9 games ago is kinda stupid considering he never had any real minutes in the NBA and I don't watch Ivy League College basketball.. So acting like just because you're from the Bay area you know who this kid is... is laughable.

Let's all enjoy together.... All that has happened is we have added one more somewhat decent team to the mix...
      02-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #255
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Ok so I watched the entire game and as NY said he finished with 28 points and all.

He's great at passing and finding the lane, he is quick and good off the dribble, he seems like a great player, BUT

He just doesn't seem to be exciting, I watch basketball (not very often, tbh Its a boring game) to see half court ally-ops and big dunks and game winning threes (Which he did have credit him for that), I guess he just needs more playing time to see if he can keep it up and hopefuly bring the NYN back to being a top team.

JR Smith did great considering he just came back into the US and hasn't practiced with the team once.

On the other hand I watched the Orlando get blown out and seen here

Last edited by E90SoFlo; 02-20-2012 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #256
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:
JR Smith had 15 points on 15 shots.. half of his points were scored on 3's.. There is nothing great about 15 points on 15 shots...

Lin had 28 on 20 shots.. Can obviously see the difference.. Smith is great instant offense.. But, I would rather have a healthy Carmello. We will see.. I am a Knick fan.. Making the argument that I didn't start following Lin until 8/9 games ago is kinda stupid considering he never had any real minutes in the NBA and I don't watch Ivy League College basketball.. So acting like just because you're from the Bay area you know who this kid is... is laughable.

Let's all enjoy together.... All that has happened is we have added one more somewhat decent team to the mix...
Def enjoying but no argument here. I was just responding to your assumption that this was the first time I watch him and the Knicks all season... But it's all good and these upcoming games with def be entertaining. At some point D-Antoni will need to play him 30-35 minutes instead of what he is doing now esp because he takes a beating driving. Best part of these last 8 games, the bench got serious pt which helps with depth as the team continues to improve.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #257
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post

gooo heat!!!!

i can't wait till this this thursday for the heat vs knicks game
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #258
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

I am a bit worried about Thurs for some obvious reasons and some not so obvious ones... The Heat are hands down the best team in the NBA... it is borderline unfair.. However, it is a great opportunity to pull out the measuring stick and see where this team stands against the best of the best.

Obvious reasons I am nervous:
Best team in the league
Devastating and creative offense
Strong defense
Deep bench

Not so obvious reasons:
Game night before + Traveling down to Miami
Carmello Adjustment period
Fresh legs for entire heat team (having not played in 48 hours)
      02-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #259
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I am a bit worried about Thurs for some obvious reasons and some not so obvious ones... The Heat are hands down the best team in the NBA... it is borderline unfair.. However, it is a great opportunity to pull out the measuring stick and see where this team stands against the best of the best.

Obvious reasons I am nervous:
Best team in the league
Devastating and creative offense
Strong defense
Deep bench

Not so obvious reasons:
Game night before + Traveling down to Miami
Carmello Adjustment period
Fresh legs for entire heat team (having not played in 48 hours)
yup, thats gonna be a tough one for the knicks, but if they pull out a win over the heat (doubtful) it's going to be very rewarding for them. they beat the mavs yesterday after trailing for a bit so you never know, lets see how they fare with the hawks. we will se what happens.

go heat
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #260
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep

damn, the knicks are getting creamed by the nets.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #261
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
damn........ Deron Williams def was FOCUS tonight. Put on a clinic on how to play off the ball and shoot (running off screens). Melo was off tonight, you knew it wasn't his night when he missed a point blank lay up early in the game.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #262
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Quote:
damn........ Deron Williams def was FOCUS tonight. Put on a clinic on how to play off the ball and shoot (running off screens). Melo was off tonight, you knew it wasn't his night when he missed a point blank lay up early in the game.

shouted at the TV when melo missed that layup

nets D kept the knicks from attacking as fluidly as they have been, and knicks were a bit sloppy mid court i thought.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #263
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoosh69 View Post
yup, thats gonna be a tough one for the knicks, but if they pull out a win over the heat (doubtful) it's going to be very rewarding for them. they beat the mavs yesterday after trailing for a bit so you never know, lets see how they fare with the hawks. we will se what happens.

go heat
If for some unforeseen reason the knicks win, the linsanity will go to defcon 10.

thankfully dwill shut it down for a few days

If knicks keep losing with melo on the floor things should get interesting.

And this season hump>amare
      02-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #264
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
If for some unforeseen reason the knicks win, the linsanity will go to defcon 10.

thankfully dwill shut it down for a few days

If knicks keep losing with melo on the floor things should get interesting.

And this season hump>amare
dude i think the heat is going to embarrass the knicks with a really good ass whooping... but then again, we tend to loose games after winning a few.

i remember last year around this time we played them and they beat us. call it superstition or not but that has me worried a bit i know, I'm crazy.
Appreciate 0