BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

EXXEL Distributions

02-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #1
uisim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

good indy shops in chicag area

NAnyone know of good indy shops that have experiance on e92 m3s? I would like to have my rod bearings and possibly rods replaced aswell, also if someone has an idea of what replacing both of these would run that would be great. I know just rod bearings will run shy of 3k with parts and labor but what about doing the rods as well. I have 45k miles but will want to do this because i plan to track the car. Im the second owner so i do not know for sure how well the car has been treated. It looks as if it was cared for but id rather be safe than sorry.

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, i do not have a warranty because i got my car from dealer that sells high end luxury cars and a warrany was not an option. Is there a company that can warranty a car and if so is it worth it?
Appreciate 0